Any progress yet ?
    Sorry I haven't had a chance to work on it this month, Because I had already start two app that I was trying to finish for the BB10 launch, and in just before christmas the company i work for changed the devices that wanted to use from BB10 to Android, so I had to throw out 4 months of coding and start to learn android (which sucks balls compared to coding for BB10) and I only have till the end of feb at the very most to get it finished for work. I am also looking for a new job because if they are going to expect for me to work on something then at the last min change things and still want me to get it done in the same time frame.

Sorry its be a while, last night i just put one of my apps on hold, so I hope I could start on it maybe next week I will try to set aside some time each week to work on it.
    01-23-13 08:59 AM
    I was wondering, would it be possible to include lyrics for the songs as they're playing? I've seen this on my sisters old android phone (photon I think) and soundhound's player also does this now. I think this would be a nice addition.
    Have an app on my phone that does lyrics. Its called Baamboo Player. I love it . Its was free, you should check it out.
    EsJayDee likes this.
    01-23-13 09:08 AM
    Some lovely feature wishes out there. I hope they all come true. Since am also, one of you who use phone as a media player especially 'music player', what's life without music anyway.
    I have question as a feature request. Since am coming from Cyanogen Mod 10 (Jelly Bean) Android, the only and the most-most important feature that has got me glued to Cyanogen Mod
    is, "skip track via volume buttons", when the phone screen is off. Am sure you must be aware this feature and also it's usability, e.g. when you are jogging or working out, suddenly a love ballad
    pops up. am sure no guy can do heavy weights on ..(you name it) .

Please let me know if there is feature, almost like this or exactly like this in BB10 (QNX) . Thanks and Regards.
    Last edited by Deep Ondroid; 01-23-13 at 10:02 AM.
    01-23-13 09:30 AM
    Some lovely feature wishes out there. I hope they all come true. Since am also, one of you who use phone as a media player especially 'music player', what's life without music anyway.
    I have question as a feature request. Since am coming from Cyanogen Mod 10 (Jelly Bean) Android, the only and the most-most important feature that has got me glued to Cyanogen Mod
    is, "skip track via volume buttons", when the phone screen is off. Am sure you must be aware this feature and also it's usability, e.g. when you are jogging or working out, suddenly a love ballad
    pops up. am sure no guy can't do heavy weights on ..(you name it) .

Please let me know if there is feature, almost like this or exactly like this in BB10 (QNX) . Thanks and Regards.
    I will look into it see if i can access the volume buttons from the app.
    Deep Ondroid likes this.
    01-23-13 09:44 AM
    Have an app on my phone that does lyrics. Its called Baamboo Player. I love it . Its was free, you should check it out.
    Lyrics would be harder to do, since there would have to be a server also, I am currently just an indepent dev and wont have plans to add a server for that function, unless you know of somewhere else that could get the lyrics from.
    01-23-13 09:46 AM
    Lyrics would be harder to do, since there would have to be a server also, I am currently just an indepent dev and wont have plans to add a server for that function, unless you know of somewhere else that could get the lyrics from.
    There would need to be a server to have the lyrics from the music already on your phone?
    01-23-13 12:37 PM
    There would need to be a server to have the lyrics from the music already on your phone?
    The lyrics will only get to the phone from a server, or if the users puts them on (the user would then have to say what song the lyrics are for).

The app would look at the song (name/artist/album/year) send that info to a server to get the lyrics that or for that song.
    01-23-13 01:00 PM
    Some lovely feature wishes out there. I hope they all come true.
    Thanks for the support

...the only and the most-most important feature that has got me glued to Cyanogen Mod is, "skip track via volume buttons", when the phone screen is off.
    This feature that you are talking about, Press and Hold Vol+ for Next Track, and Press and Hold Vol- for Previous Track has been on most blackberries natively, its even on the PlayBook, and I think it should make its way to the media player in BB10 also, whether or not we can implement it in our app is something big bb is looking into.
    Deep Ondroid likes this.
    01-23-13 01:21 PM
    The lyrics will only get to the phone from a server, or if the users puts them on (the user would then have to say what song the lyrics are for).

The app would look at the song (name/artist/album/year) send that info to a server to get the lyrics that or for that song.
    Oh ok, I understand. Thank you.
    01-23-13 01:47 PM
    Are you guys still working on this? Just wondering.
    02-11-13 01:14 PM
    Are you guys still working on this? Just wondering.
    Yes I am. Just currently I don't have as much time to work on it, because for my day job my employer at the last minute said they were switching to android instead of BB10, so 4 month on coding is garbage now, and I have to learn android and develop their app in about a month and a half, and that is by myself. So am working a lot of overtime, only getting about 2 hours sleep each night.
    After I finished with that app I will have more time.
    02-11-13 01:34 PM
    Yes I am. Just currently I don't have as much time to work on it, because for my day job my employer at the last minute said they were switching to android instead of BB10, so 4 month on coding is garbage now, and I have to learn android and develop their app in about a month and a half, and that is by myself. So am working a lot of overtime, only getting about 2 hours sleep each night.
    After I finished with that app I will have more time.
    Oh ok, sorry to hear that. I hope you get more sleep.
    02-11-13 02:59 PM
    there is a winamp android app that you can sideload if you want

(i love winamp, and use it as my desktop browser)
    02-11-13 03:27 PM
    Get rid of recent and open up to the same list I had on my torch.
    02-11-13 03:30 PM
    there is a winamp android app that you can sideload if you want

(i love winamp, and use it as my desktop browser)

I don't know what that is, can you take screen shots?
    02-11-13 03:53 PM
    I don't know what that is, can you take screen shots?
    Heres the link to google play that has screenshots and a video https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...51bGwsMSwyLDNd
    EsJayDee likes this.
    02-12-13 08:01 AM
    Hey Everyone!

I have never been a fan of iTunes in the past but this recent iTunes 11 has really caught my eye, esp with regards to how I want this app to function. How apple implemented these functions of having a Now Playing List and then adding and removing music from it on the fly is really worth look. (don't know if these things were present in previous versions of iTunes, because I never really cared much for it).

Following is a little run down of how things work.

This shows the current playing list, it continues from from wherever the current song was played, in this case the song playing is the first of an album and so the Up Next list shows the next songs in the same album.
    BB10 Media Player App Wish List-itunes-current-album.jpg

To add a song to that list, simply browse to the song you want to add, and select from either Play Next, or Add to Up Next.
    BB10 Media Player App Wish List-itunes-up-next-option.jpg

Once a Song has been Added to the Up Next, it shows up in the list as a separate entity without effecting the original Up Next List.
    BB10 Media Player App Wish List-itunes-up-next-list.jpg

This is how the Up Next List looks after adding a few different songs to it. Notice the level of functionality they have managed to add upon selecting one of these songs. There is an option to remove the song from the list, make it Play Next, or if you want to add more songs from the same artist or album you can jump to that directly from here. There are also separate options to clear the original list, or clear the recently added list, it is remarkable how they did all this without cluttering up the UI.
    BB10 Media Player App Wish List-itunes-up-next-menu-items.jpg

Ofcourse in iTunes this Up Next List is mostly hidden and shows up when a button is pressed, but the Idea for this App revolves around having this Up Next List as always on the screen, and the music selecting and browsing screens come up only when the user needs to make any changes to the list.
    Here is a little mash-up of iTunes cut, pasted, cropped and stretched to look like the app that hopefully one day will see the light of day.
    Enjoy !
    BB10 Media Player App Wish List-itunes-winamp.jpg
    EsJayDee likes this.
    02-23-13 03:34 PM
    Played with iTunes 11 a little more.
    Found out there is actually a way to make the "Up Next" list the primary view. Then I found that Album Art can show up in a separate window complete with audio controls, rearrange them a bit and saw what looks like a passable view for Landscape orientation in a Phone.

It is surprising how similar this is to my original landscape view idea for the app

BB10 Media Player App Wish List-landscape-plain.jpg

BB10 Media Player App Wish List-landscape-album-art-controls.jpg

BB10 Media Player App Wish List-landscape-top-line-control.jpg

BB10 Media Player App Wish List-landscape-contextual-menu.jpg

Lemme know what you think
    02-27-13 11:51 AM
    I have never used iTunes and don't plan on using it any time soon, but the idea you got from it seems really good. It cuts down on the resizing of the components for portrait and leaves the big image for landscape.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 07:45 AM
    Qaxl, I was just looking in BlackBerry World to see what music players where on there already. What do you think of this one http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/128241

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 08:52 PM
45 12