Where does BB10 Maps get its maps? Mine are years out of date, missing new schemes, new roads, new bridges all within 40 miles of home (Scotland, UK).
    Voice overs during satnav journeys speak of local congestion that just doesn't exist, along roads with clear horizons.
    I'm sure I've read that BB10 pulls current maps from TomTom or similar - the key word being "current". It looks more to me as though they are "in the phone" in some version contemporaneous with 3.3.3216.
    Am I missing some simple trick? I just love the presentation of the BB10 version over any Google provision, but the maps are so outdated as to be useless.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-20 11:45 PM
    Yes, they are from TomTom. Unfortunately, while traffic data is still available, the maps haven't been updated in years, and the app is EOL and unsupported.

I also really prefer BlackBerry Maps to Google or Apple maps, but there's no work around of which I am aware.

Z10 = BB10 + VKB > iOS + Android
    A Noise Annoys likes this.
    10-30-20 11:53 PM
    Thanks for clear rapid (depressing )) response. Oh dear. Not a killer trigger for transition, yet, but another grit-your-teeth-and-put-up-with-it BB10 shortcoming in a long list getting longer.
    Still: calls, texts, email, calendar, contacts, whats app, some other apps, all good. Web too, kind of.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-20 12:25 AM
    I liked BlackBerry Maps when it was in its 'prime' but the weakness has always been lack of offline capability so I long ago switched to other alternatives.
    Magic Earth continues to work great with updated, offline maps.

Posted via CB10
    brookie229 likes this.
    10-31-20 11:54 AM
    Magic Earth continues to work great with updated, offline maps.
    I'll second that recommendation.
    10-31-20 01:06 PM
    NavFree used to be good on BB10. It got its maps open source I think. I think on iOS and Android it then changed significantly into NavMii or something like that, got a little cheesy in my opinion. Still worked well on BB10 however.
    Thomas Jo likes this.
    10-31-20 02:38 PM
    When I was using my BB10, Maps.me also had some good offline maps. Can someone confirm that this is still true?
    11-01-20 06:06 AM
    When I was using my BB10, Maps.me also had some good offline maps. Can someone confirm that this is still true?
    If you refer to maps.me on BBW its maps are stuck and several years old. The only decent map in BBW these days are Wisepilot AFAIK. It uses open Street maps and are updated. You can try it out and then you have to pay about 3-4 $ a year. No downloadable maps.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-20 11:28 PM
    I got maps.me from the Amazon Store.
    11-02-20 03:52 AM
    I got maps.me from the Amazon Store.
    Sorry, no idea how that one works, never use amazon store.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-20 09:20 AM
    I am using Maps.me 9.1.8. Problem is it can drain your battery in a short time. But if the screen is off its ok e.g. I use it for hiking together with kml files. For Navigation while driving it's sometimes not the best and the native app has better routing. But the maps are recent and offline.
    11-03-20 09:10 AM
    So no option for us to use????

Posted via CB10
    11-08-20 09:56 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes, read the answers above.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-20 10:27 PM

Posted via CB10
    You can still use BB Maps.... if your ok with the old data it is stuck on. If not use an alternative mapping solution.
    11-09-20 09:50 AM
    You can still use BB Maps.... if your ok with the old data it is stuck on. If not use an alternative mapping solution.
    I do this, as BlackBerry Maps is better for privacy than my Android and iPhone options. I wouldn't use it for turn by turn anymore, but it's great for trip planning and orientation. The traffic ND trip time data is still good enough for me.

Z10 = BB10 + VKB > iOS + Android
    Thomas Jo likes this.
    11-09-20 10:56 AM

Posted via CB10
    Come on, read the thread.

Magic Earth works, seems I can still get latest versions and I've had no problem wandering around the city all day with it.
    Sygic also works, maybe not the latest version, but you can still get updated maps, which is the important part. Also had good results in real life use, all day.
    Maps.Me works fine too, just get the latest direct from them, not the BBWorld version (warning, if you have the BlackBerry World version, you need to uninstall it and delete all the data first)
    Also Genius Maps, last I checked it does work, the trick here is that you need to grab the latest maps from Android device and copy them over to the BlackBerry.
    11-10-20 09:52 PM
    My bad. I downloaded Wisepilot

Come on, read the thread.

Magic Earth works, seems I can still get latest versions and I've had no problem wandering around the city all day with it.
    Sygic also works, maybe not the latest version, but you can still get updated maps, which is the important part. Also had good results in real life use, all day.
    Maps.Me works fine too, just get the latest direct from them, not the BBWorld version (warning, if you have the BlackBerry World version, you need to uninstall it and delete all the data first)
    Also Genius Maps, last I checked it does work, the trick here is that you need to grab the latest maps from Android device and copy them over to the BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-20 06:01 AM
    This one i use:

https://m.apkpure.com/de/gpslogger-i...erry.gpslogger

It is a little difficult, but when installed very good. You can use online- and offline maps as you like, but it is the android-version.
    11-14-20 09:13 AM
    I still use BB maps quite often. In my metro area it's still pretty reliable and traffic updates seem to be working as well. For a back up, I bought a nice high end Garmin Nuvi at the local Goodwill for ten bucks. It has lifetime maps so I updated it and stuck it in the car. I forgot how much I liked using those before cell phones. It also has live traffic alerts. The best thing is that you are not tracked and your data isn't sold off with the Garmin. It also works outside of cell coverage.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-20 10:22 PM