Most sales associates will say "No" right then and there, as there job is to make a sale right "then and now" they don't wanna bother pushing something that is not yet released when they figure if you are dumb enough to believe them and take their word that they know absolutely nothing on its release, or if they downright lie and say they are not going to be carrying it at all, there is a 50/50 chance one might succumb to their ignorance and lies and they can sell you the latest droid or iphone, make a quick sale, and be done with you.

Yet we all know those same sales associates are ever so quick to be rockin the latest and greatest devices the day after they are available in store, and the day you stop in to ask they know nothing, yet a day later you hear them walking around the store talking to potential buyers about the very same device you just recently inquired about, like they have owned one for years and then,they suddenly know all about it, and everything that it is capable of doing. I always get a good laugh out of that
    Last edited by DJM626; 01-24-13 at 06:51 PM.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    01-24-13 06:39 PM
    Check out the vzw community under BlackBerry. Register and submit your comments. I did regarding bb10 and possible pre-order. Lots of conversation happening. Received an email from the vzw mod about my inquiry and was able to express my interest in bb10. Also, got quite a conversation going regarding vzw lack of support for bb with other members. Who knows maybe some decision makers at vzw are made aware of the stuff written.
    Thunderbuck and revtech like this.
    01-24-13 07:02 PM
    Check out the vzw community under BlackBerry. Register and submit your comments. I did regarding bb10 and possible pre-order. Lots of conversation happening. Received an email from the vzw mod about my inquiry and was able to express my interest in bb10. Also, got quite a conversation going regarding vzw lack of support for bb with other members. Who knows maybe some decision makers at vzw are made aware of the stuff written.

I have to look again, but I get very little response there
    01-24-13 07:10 PM
    01-24-13 08:10 PM
    Went to a Verizon company store the other day as I needed a new micro-sim card. I asked the person helping me.... (8 days before Launch)
    "are they ready for the new Bberrys?"
    her reply...
    "Berry is dead there aren't any new Berrys"
    I said your company has committed to carry the new Berrys
    her reply..
    "we haven't heard anything about new Berrys"

WOW!!!!
    Was she hot?
    hopeforfx likes this.
    01-24-13 08:44 PM
    lmao! all that matters right? store reps think they know everything but are only guessing and jumping to conclusions
    01-24-13 09:13 PM
    If the local reps selling the phones are not on board, forget about sales...simple as that.
    I've seen very little about a push from the big players in the US (ATT, Verizon,etc...) or Europe. Canada seems to be the only market pushing BB10 very hard.
    Admorris likes this.
    01-26-13 05:52 AM
    RIM needs to offer more incentives to sales reps that sell the phones to get them exited about selling the phones.
    01-26-13 03:23 PM
    Verizon sent the email 3 weeks ago to all associates about BB10 but the sales droids don't have BBs so they haven't gotten it yet.
    01-26-13 04:27 PM
    RIM needs to offer more incentives to sales reps that sell the phones to get them exited about selling the phones.
    Completely agree. If the carriers do a lousy job of promoting BB10 (especially at the rep level) it has a high chance of failing. I'm confident RIM has some plan, though.
    01-26-13 04:33 PM
    I was in my local VZW store about 3 weeks ago to purchase a Galaxy Note II for a second line. (Don't yell at me yet... my 9850 is still my primary phone and will be replaced with a new Z10 soon.) Out of curiosity, I asked my sales rep if she knew about the new BB10 launch. She said, "No... haven't heard anything about that but I will be glad to have some BB's in the store again." While she was getting my phone set up, I asked the guy at the next register if he knew about BB10. "Yeah, I've heard about it but that's about all I know."

A third rep who had to help my sales person transfer contacts to the new phone via BT from my 9850 came out with her. She said he was excited to get to use my BB and was really pumped about BB10. That guy said he was looking forward to getting back to being a BB owner with a new BB10. Finally... a VZW employee with some BB enthusiasm!
    DJM626, SMocek and drknobs like this.
    01-26-13 04:41 PM
    So it's safe to say Verizon won't be getting the phone in early February?
    01-26-13 07:26 PM
    In my 10 long years with Verizon I have never wanted a phone from them that I had to wait for. Everything that I have wanted phone wise was always available several days after it has been released. I think I might have had to wait a week once. Big Red is one of the largest. I can not even begin to imagine everyone else getting the phone before them. Until it is officially announced on Wed, I am sure a lot of carriers are allowed to say certain things about it, and they will all tell you they know nothing about it
    01-26-13 08:26 PM
    Why should a sales person be expected to know anything about a phone that hasn't even been announced and only rumored to be available by the end of March? There are probably several new phones coming out from diff. mfrs. in the next 2-3 months. A sales person needs to know what he/she can sell now and not tell the customer to wait a few months to see what might be available from RIM, Samsung, Nokia etc.
    djpailo, jdhooghe and Admorris like this.
    01-26-13 08:34 PM
    In fairness to the employees behind the counter, on the clock their job is to wait on the next person walking in the door and there is little time for anything else. It is not their job to get extracurricular tech training when they are off the clock. Most have families, hobbies, second jobs etc that consume their off the clock time just like the rest of us. Why should we expect them to have a knowledge base on something that isn't even in the store yet? Even if they want to share release information, could it be possible they are under a NDA? Verizon, and most carriers' employees, will get training on new units within a week of release and to belittle them on this topic is, IMO, unnecessary.
    djpailo and SMocek like this.
    01-26-13 08:59 PM
    I think this is just a US issue. The reason I say that is because here in the UK I have gone in to many EE stores and Carphone Warehouse stores lately (mainly coz I'm so excited to have won the Twitter competition ) and they all know about Blackberry 10!! Even for the past month they have been able to answer my questions about the new phones, except for its release date.
    Today I went to a CarPhone Warehouse and the girl at the counter even showed me the device on their system, even though some parts were labelled "rumored", she still had a good amount of knowledge about the device. Employees over here seem to be much better prepared for BB10 than on the other side of the pond.
    Here I have never heard any employee at any of these stores say "blackberry is dead", "no one uses blackberry anymore" or anything like that. You ask them for a BB product and they just get it for you, without all that negative talk.
    I think its just the US has been fed so much crap by the media, tech sites etc that they automatically down talk BB. Quite sad tbh, but they shall see in 3 days!!!!!!
    01-26-13 09:00 PM
    Visited my local Verizon corporate store today to ask about BB10. Got the same nonsensical response as many of you. "BB10, what is that? Never heard of it". I said that Verizon had already announced it was carrying the BB10. Got the "dumb" look once more and the same line. So lame and silly.
    01-26-13 09:47 PM
    This makes me a little worried that they have no idea.

As I found on this forum, other carriers are already having presentations and marketing material to teach the sales people about BB10.

What's going on here?
    01-27-13 12:09 AM
    Did you walk out and not give her you business or tell her she's dumb and blind to the world she works in? I would have stupid people need to be put in their place
    Where are the blackberry commercials to let everyone know? You know about this because you've stuck with BB even when it was releasing crap. You. Need to open your eyes.
    01-27-13 02:14 AM
    This makes me a little worried that they have no idea.

As I found on this forum, other carriers are already having presentations and marketing material to teach the sales people about BB10.

What's going on here?

could be a matter of our carriers being serious about NDA forms
    01-27-13 05:25 AM
    could be a matter of our carriers being serious about NDA forms
    I don't think that's the case because most of them didn't even know Blackberry was still in the game.

If they just said "I don't know" that would be acceptable, but for them to be clueless of what BB10 even is- that's another matter.
    01-27-13 08:15 AM
    I have a strong urge to post why Verizon employees aren't aware of the BB10 launch on BlackBerry's Facebook Page or Verizons.

http://www.facebook.com/BlackBerryNA
    *interestingly enough, BB has more likes and more talk about #s than Samsung!*
    Go like and share their page to get it up even higher if you believe in BB10!!!
    01-27-13 10:42 AM
    The lack of knowledge among the sales staffs at stores is well documented in the forums here. One thing to remember is that many of these stores are merely authorized agents for Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, etc., so it's up to the owners and managers of those stores to get the word out and evidently, most aren't doing so and once the BB10 devices hit their stores, they will not be ready to deal with the device. These sales staffs are perpetuating the "RIM/BlackBerry is dead" myths and the average consumer is gullible enough to believe them.
    01-27-13 10:52 AM
    Name of store, phone number ,date, time, or it didn't happen. I see admorris again tags along on this thread,too funny. Somebody needs a new game, the old one is worn out.
    Went to a Verizon company store the other day .......!
    01-27-13 12:09 PM
    The lack of knowledge among the sales staffs at stores is well documented in the forums here.
    Nothing personal but don't confuse "well documented" with fact. Any post on Crackberry.com that is not backed up with store name,number,date,time is not "fact" or "well documented". They are just a post that is not "verified" , just like the 100's of "undocumented" rumours of BB10 you see floating around on Crackberry.com
    01-27-13 12:16 PM
54 123