10-22-17 05:17 PM
61 123
tools
    Who cares if it is dead? BlackBerry cares? No, they don't.
    Every day, I pick up my two BlackBerry Passports for daily use. It still does everything I need. So it is not dead.
    I don't care about OS updates or app updates. Actually, I am kind of sick of Android device coming with so many updates. Can't they do it well at the very beginning?
    As long as it still works for me, I am with my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    I 'm thinking the same!

Posted via CB10
    sharadk likes this.
    09-25-17 02:36 PM
    But multi-platform lockouts of a core app seems rude.

Posted via CB10
    Depending upon what apps you're talking about here, you could be blaming BB when it's not their fault.
    WhatsApp
    Google
    Facebook - these are NOT BB's apps - and there are others, I just don't want to state an application and be wrong about it.
    sharadk likes this.
    09-25-17 03:48 PM
    I don't know why so many people who've move on to Android keep throwing that saying around.

I have moved on to Android also but I can't say I'm doing anything more than I did on my Passport and as a consumer I did a fair amount. I really don't want to type out a whole list of apps or explanation on what and why but the only thing that made me think about moving to Android was speed of a new phone and browser, battery life and quick charging.

You can still enjoy a rich experience on 90% of all social media and multimedia one way or another. It may not be the best but it's fine
    That's a really subjective argument. Fine for you, but I moved from a Classic to PRIV largely because I could no longer get some key apps that I wanted for work (Google Hangouts).
    Also, for me it was getting exhausting trying to get apps working on BB10 to do what I wanted to do. Although I have been in software nearly 40 years, the patching, etc., was getting to be too much, especially since I would rather be hanging around with my grandkids than spending an evening trying to patch something to get it working on my phone.
    sharadk likes this.
    09-25-17 03:54 PM
    Who cares if it is dead? BlackBerry cares? No, they don't.
    Every day, I pick up my two BlackBerry Passports for daily use. It still does everything I need. So it is not dead.
    I don't care about OS updates or app updates. Actually, I am kind of sick of Android device coming with so many updates. Can't they do it well at the very beginning?
    As long as it still works for me, I am with my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    With bandwidth availability, continuous updates will be the norm. It’s normal cause stuff evolve so fast... you want to get an app and/or new features out as soon as possible.

Its also a question of security.
    09-25-17 04:33 PM
    I think most androids come factory with hangouts, maybe not favoured but BB limiteds Google Talk app still works with it. Hub is fairly bland looking however the email folder integration is just awesome. I communicate with email, almost everone has it, most people get they're notifications instantly. Not once have I looked to Blackberry for a social media solution. They alluded to a more corporate identity, email and Text Message/Phonecalls. Wasnt really aware of how to really use the reader mode until recently, being in th native browser able to save the page and use reader and text, whilst archiving it all. Is the only thing I keep coming back to. Not apps.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-17 03:26 AM
    I think most androids come factory with hangouts, maybe not favoured but BB limiteds Google Talk app still works with it. Hub is fairly bland looking however the email folder integration is just awesome. I communicate with email, almost everone has it, most people get they're notifications instantly. Not once have I looked to Blackberry for a social media solution. They alluded to a more corporate identity, email and Text Message/Phonecalls. Wasnt really aware of how to really use the reader mode until recently, being in th native browser able to save the page and use reader and text, whilst archiving it all. Is the only thing I keep coming back to. Not apps.

Posted via CB10
    For me the Hangouts thing was a clincher - I needed it for work and we have dual-factor authentication. I could not get that to work under BB10. Plus, I love the slider form factor, so I moved to the PRIV and it works well for me.
    10-20-17 05:15 PM
    Attachment 429517
    Was it my profile pic that gave me away?
    Everyday is a step closer to healing and serenity
    Actually I pictured bb10 as more Aragorn than the Precious in Lord of the Rings....I thought Google/Android was the Precious.
    BB10 isn't dead!-viggo-mortensen-aragorn-lotr.jpg
    10-21-17 03:52 PM
    One [Smartphone] Ring to rule them all! -Google/Android.
    10-21-17 03:54 PM
    10-22-17 03:27 PM
    Is it dead? No (IMO). Is it thriving? Hardly.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-17 04:54 PM
    BUT THEN DOROTHY WAKES UP! It was all just a Google/Android Dream! ....and she's BACK in BLACK!!!!
    BB10 isn't dead!-f-1016.jpg
    sharadk likes this.
    10-22-17 05:17 PM
61 123