Hi folks,

I have a Strongswan VPN set up to connect to my home network.

1: I might be able to configure this on the server but on BB10 am I missing an option that allows a disconnect from the VPN upon connection to a specific WiFi profile? I'd like my Q10 to drop the VPN connection when I connect to my home network.

2. If anyone else has this type of VPN set up do you notice that BBM Voice and Video are no longer available when connected to the VPN over the cell signal? I'm not sure if this is specific to my setup, or maybe someone has this working?

Thanks for any insights,
    -Greg
    08-04-14 10:21 AM
    Hi folks,

I have a Strongswan VPN set up to connect to my home network.

1: I might be able to configure this on the server but on BB10 am I missing an option that allows a disconnect from the VPN upon connection to a specific WiFi profile? I'd like my Q10 to drop the VPN connection when I connect to my home network.
    VPNs can be configured to connect for any given WiFi access point automatically.
    2. If anyone else has this type of VPN set up do you notice that BBM Voice and Video are no longer available when connected to the VPN over the cell signal? I'm not sure if this is specific to my setup, or maybe someone has this working?

Thanks for any insights,
    -Greg
    The VPN being up over cell also disables MMS, but it's not the phone's fault -- MMS transmission/reception goes over the IP bearer, and the telco servers are configured to refuse a connection from anywhere other than their IP range for spam control reasons.

If you have the VPN up over Mobile (4g, etc) the phone prefers that connection over WiFi. It would be nice to have an option for this so as to preference "home" links but essentially what is happening is that the phone is preferring the more-secure connection over the less-secure.
    08-04-14 11:01 AM
    This has been greatly discussed here FREE VPN: Strongswan Ipsec/IKEv2 Z10/Z30/Q10

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z30
    08-04-14 03:00 PM