--OP edited in order to ask the question better--

Google "Now" with a swipe up from the bottom provides a constantly updating automated assistant based on what you are doing and where you're doing it. Ie. You've made dinner reservations and bought movie tickets. After both of those you have a flight to somewhere. As you're driving to dinner your phone provides traffic conditions, reminds you of your dinner reservations, and movie time.
    On the way to the airport it shows you your flight has been delayed for 1 hour, the current weather in your current location,and tells you a package you ordered last week just left new york, and shows the score of tonight's game your favorite team is playing.
    It also shows Facebook, twitter, foursquare news feeds.

All of this happens automatically on its own without you even touching your phone and displays the information on "cards". There's a whole list of other things you can show on it. On top of all that it also takes voice input like iphone Siri for searching locations, businesses, information, etc. And can compose text, email, make phone calls.

Everyone is already well aware here of the things bb10 will do that we know so far. My question is, how do you think the newer features on it like cascades, the Hub, and peek measure up against Google Now?
    Last edited by omniusovermind; 12-22-12 at 02:30 AM.
    12-21-12 07:00 AM
    Google Now is not what BB10 Hub will be on BB10. Two different things.
    12-21-12 07:19 AM
    I haven't tried the hub so I can't comment on it but I'm not sure that they could be compared due to them being two different things. Google Now gave me transit information as soon as I arrived at the train station this morning based on my location but it also displays scores, itinerary and tracks packages. From what I've seen on the hub it's just messages and notifications.
    12-21-12 07:30 AM
    I haven't tried the hub so I can't comment on it but I'm not sure that they could be compared due to them being two different things. Google Now gave me transit information as soon as I arrived at the train station this morning based on my location but it also displays scores, itinerary and tracks packages. From what I've seen on the hub it's just messages and notifications.
    That is a cool feature ........
    12-21-12 07:39 AM
    How can you compare two different things??? C'mom
    12-21-12 07:41 AM
    Like others have said, not the same thing at all. A more interesting question is Hub versus the Notification systems of iOS/Android

Google Now is a productivity tool and personal assistant. Here's one practical use case that I did recently.

In the video, these three tasks were accomplished in under 30 seconds. One handed operation as well.
    1. Search for flight information
    2. Text a friend that the flight is on time
    3. Set a reminder to myself to leave for the airport

Hours later, when I'm supposed to leave, Google Now will notify me and I get cards for the following:
    1) estimated time to airport
    2) gives me a card to click to start turn-by-turn navigation to the airport
    3) updated flight information
    4) Once I'm at the airport, the card changes to ETA for home and directions. Cards also show up for popular places nearby, based on Yelp rankings.
    12-21-12 09:09 AM
    You cyborg fans try way too hard.The hub and google now are not even the same type of service.You telling us to compare features on a phone that we cant even use and dont know the limits off.Lets play a little bit knowing this is a phone partially for business folk Im very confident that organizational scheduling and voice assistance will be in the phone we just dont know how it will work we aint even seen it.

Based on a part of RIMs target audience and that qnx car concept video we will be getting some kind of phone assistant capability.Limits and capabilitys are unknown this discussion is premature.We'll have to reschedule this who can pee the highest contest later ''google now'' that in for 2-3 months I'll see if i can make it might I'l be enjoying my phone too much.
    12-21-12 10:08 AM
    You cyborg fans try way too hard.The hub and google now are not even the same type of service.
    Huh. You must have missed the first line of my post:

Like others have said, not the same thing at all. A more interesting question is Hub versus the Notification systems of iOS/Android
    mikeo007 and howarmat like this.
    12-21-12 10:20 AM
    Ouch massive fail on my part to get my intention across?
    I'm not trying to compare similar features. I'm trying too take a really cool feature from one phone and pit it against a really cool feature from another. They don't have to be the same. Judging is based on wow factor, innovation, and usefulness. Unless there's another bb10 feature you guys think is cooler than the Hub? Peek/flow?
    12-21-12 04:04 PM
    Ouch massive fail on my part to get my intention across?
    I'm not trying to compare similar features. I'm trying too take a really cool feature from one phone and pit it against a really cool feature from another. They don't have to be the same. Judging is based on wow factor, innovation, and usefulness. Unless there's another bb10 feature you guys think is cooler than the Hub? Peek/flow?
    Comparing apples to oranges (sorry for the cliche) is an exercise in futility.
    12-21-12 04:12 PM
    Which has the upper hand as a premier phone feature?
    Ready... Fight!
    No fight when one copied the other, bb10 was first but android copied this and the preview lock feature so the clear winner is the innovator bb10
    12-21-12 04:24 PM
    No fight when one copied the other, bb10 was first but android copied this and the preview lock feature so the clear winner is the innovator bb10
    do you even read before posting? They are different features completely and yet you claim someone copied the other. bb10 doesnt have a google now feature even to be copied.
    mikeo007, Drew808 and Greenghost like this.
    12-21-12 05:00 PM
    I want both.
    wizmillso likes this.
    12-21-12 05:07 PM
    I personally think the Hub, cascades UI, and peek and flow are the coolest BB10 features. However I'm trying to picture showing it a 30 second commercial and I don't think those things cool enough for the random viewer.

Samsung seems to have gotten a lot of mileage out of the NFC tap to share. I don't get that myself - I can think of a dozen things that are cooler.

Apple is the best at marketing. The Siri commercials take first prize in terms of cool features in advertisements.

I'd say the most commercial-worthy feature of BB10 is timeshift. This is what RIM should lead with. Easy to understand and relate to and that porthole with the slider shows really well. I'm thinking of something like this Nexus 4 commercial:

12-21-12 05:22 PM
    Lol what features android copied from a os that's not even out yet

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    12-21-12 05:52 PM
    I guess I shouldn't have been too lazy to take the time to explain myself in better detail. Basically what I'm getting at is-

Google "Now" with a swipe up from the bottom provides a constantly updating automated assistant based on what you are doing and where you're doing it. Ie. You've made dinner reservations and bought movie tickets. After both of those you have a flight to somewhere. As you're driving to dinner your phone provides traffic conditions, reminds you of your dinner reservations, and movie time.
    On the way to the airport it shows you your flight has been delayed for 1 hour, the current weather in your current location,and tells you a package you ordered last week just left new york, and shows the score of tonight's game your favorite team is playing.
    It also shows Facebook, twitter, foursquare news feeds.

All of this happens automatically on its own without you even touching your phone and displays the information on "cards". There's a whole list of other things you can show on it. On top of all that it also takes voice input like iphone Siri for searching locations, businesses, information, etc. And can compose text, email, make phone calls.

Everyone is already well aware here of the things bb10 will do that we know so far. My question is, how do you think the newer features on it like cascades, the Hub, and peek measure up against Google Now?
    12-22-12 02:29 AM
    They are two completely different systems with completely different outputs. The things that Google Now does aren't in the Hub (weather, sports scores, directions, time to a location), unless you load a BB10 app that reports to the Hub.

It's possible that Score Mobile could push score updates to the Hub. Is possible for a weather app to push weather info. Even the new map/navigation app that is supposed to be coming could possibly push notifications.

What is more possible is that the active tiles page would be used for this. You'd see weather updates, scores, possibly even the next turn when driving, the next appointment, and so on, all based on what active tiles you have displayed. The active tiles page would be a better comparison to Google Now.

Google Now doesn't display email, text messages, chats, agenda (only the next appointment), or notifications from other apps. The Hub is more like the notification bar in Android (on steroids).
    12-22-12 07:54 AM