I noticed on my z10 that my gmail threads are split up and do not organize as they do on my gmail account. Also, in threads where I made the last reply, the HUB shows MY email address at the identity of the email thread instead of the contact I was emailing with. I was wondering if this is specific to Gmail and if an Outlook/Live account will organize properly. Anyhow have experience with both gmail and outlook/live with their bb10? Any differences? Thanks in advance!
    08-31-13 01:03 PM
    I don't use both, but Outlook.com is awesome since it utilizes EAS.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 01:15 PM
    thanks but what is EAS? LOL
    also, gmail in the hub shows old emails that have been archived. lets say i have 3 emails in my inbox in gmail, the hub will show like 12 emails. old ones, just haphazardly. i have tried all types of settings and nothign works. this is why i was thinking about using live.com.
    08-31-13 01:27 PM
    Exchange Active Sync. It allows for direct and immediate syncing of your email, calendar, tasks, etc. Your phone will reflect your account and vice versa. Google has stopped supporting this feature. That being said, the other methods such as IMAP seem to work well for many users.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 01:33 PM
    Exchange Active Sync. It allows for direct and immediate syncing of your email, calendar, tasks, etc. Your phone will reflect your account and vice versa. Google has stopped supporting this feature. That being said, the other methods such as IMAP seem to work well for many users.

Posted via CB10
    i see. yes, EAS also does real push email and the current imap for gmail is every 15 minutes to poll.
    you said it right, with gmail and bb hub, my inbox is not correctly reflected on my phone as is it is in my account. threads are split up, archived mails appear and headers are wrong. so does having EAS ensure that my inbox and threads will be same from the account to the hub? i know i can make an account and test it, but it's a hassle. just wanted to know if anyone had first hand experience. thanks for your input.
    08-31-13 01:43 PM
    I use EAS for both Outlook.com and my work email via Exchange servers. Works perfect for both.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 01:53 PM
    I use EAS for both Outlook.com and my work email via Exchange servers. Works perfect for both.

Posted via CB10
    awesome. will consider then migrating. honestly, google is becoming somewhat of an apple these days by closing off some services like this. i also don't like how they are toying with MS. they are under no obligation to provide services to anyone, but you know...
    08-31-13 02:09 PM
    awesome. will consider then migrating. honestly, google is becoming somewhat of an apple these days by closing off some services like this. i also don't like how they are toying with MS. they are under no obligation to provide services to anyone, but you know...
    Just try to run a Youtube (owned by Google) video in Safari on an iPad--doesnt work most of the time. A battle is brewing. . .

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 02:22 PM
    Just try to run a Youtube (owned by Google) video in Safari on an iPad--doesnt work most of the time. A battle is brewing. . .

Posted via CB10
    I remember when apple touted how they where for the little guy. They used to claim MS was the big bad guy who didn't play nice. MS eventually developed office for Mac to play nice, bill gates appeared in a keynote to proclaim cooperation in good faith. Look at apple now. The biggest and most closed off fortress of them all. Google is no different. Yes the android OS is "open" to any OEM/developer , but it stops right there and we are seeing them playing favorites already. Pulling apps from certain mobile OS and not allowing their services on others. I feel we have another fortress being built only this time they have all our information!! Lol. That why I like alternatives and strive to use them. Thanks again for the info.
    08-31-13 02:43 PM