I use a BB PassPort that is getting a bit dodgy and thinking about buying an almost new unused Classic as I have heard BB Key2 is really bad.

Anyone know how long BB10 has left?
    02-27-20 08:53 PM
    I meant LIVE !!
    02-27-20 09:29 PM
    I use a BB PassPort that is getting a bit dodgy and thinking about buying an almost new unused Classic as I have heard BB Key2 is really bad.

Not sure who you heard from regarding the KEY². It's the best BlackBerry-branded device I've ever owned.

With respect to BB10, you should be fine for a couple more years given that you are already aware of, and satisfied with, its limitations.

You'd have a hard time going from the Passport to the Classic though. It's a big drop in performance.
    02-27-20 09:29 PM
    Hey, sorry, I have no personal experience and can only refer to YouTube reviews which give it such a bad review that I am nervous about buying it: bad keyboard, unnecessary keyboard as most of the Android apps have keyboard built in so leading to hardly any visible screen, ...and so much more.....

Not my words, just from reviews, so please don't shoot the messenger.
    02-27-20 09:37 PM
    Hey, sorry, I have no personal experience and can only refer to YouTube reviews which give it such a bad review that I am nervous about buying it: bad keyboard, unnecessary keyboard as most of the Android apps have keyboard built in so leading to hardly any visible screen, ...and so much more.....

Well, you actually have more screen space than most slabs when you are typing.

In any event, it's a fantastic device. You also have access to all of the latest apps.
    Last edited by conite; 02-27-20 at 10:15 PM.
    BlackBlurry and Grungni like this.
    02-27-20 09:44 PM

If you’ve been happy with the Passport, Key device would be a logical next step.

While I prefer that Classic form and shape over the Passport, on specs, you’d be going in reverse
    BlackBlurry likes this.
    02-27-20 09:58 PM
    No point moving to a Classic from a Passport. Factory reset the Passport and install a new battery if necessary.

BB10 isn't going anywhere but more and more stuff is gonna stop working.
    02-27-20 10:03 PM
    No point moving to a Classic from a Passport. Factory reset the Passport and install a new battery if necessary.

This, the passport is the best bb10 gets so no way I would say going to a classic would be advisable.
    02-27-20 10:20 PM

Good advice above! Back it up and then factory reset or use an autoloader for a fresh new start.

Also the key2 is a really nice device, but it's hard to detoxify yourself from the Passport...

Posted via CB10
    BlackBlurry likes this.
    02-28-20 06:57 AM
    Just picked up a really good condition used Passport and in feeling kinda giddy right now.

Still looking for a good browser...
    Whatsapp

What I could do with apps on my key2 I can try via browser like banking etc or ill just leave that on my Key2

I know social media will be almost impossible.

But this passport is damn nice.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBlurry likes this.
    02-28-20 01:42 PM
    Just picked up a really good condition used Passport and in feeling kinda giddy right now.

Whatsapp

What I could do with apps on my key2 I can try via browser like banking etc or ill just leave that on my Key2

Posted via CB10
    WhatsApp should be able to download the Android APK directly from WhatsApp.

Browser Kiwi and Fennec seem to be the better choices.
    02-28-20 01:58 PM

Whatsapp

Posted via CB10
    What do you count as social media?
    Facebook works with Facebook lite ver 87.0.0.7.184
    Twitter: bird 10 > search crackberry
    Instagram > use igrann or instagram.com via stockbrowser
    Untappd > version in BBW still works
    Messenger > maybe not social media but Messenger Lite latest version works

Posted via CB10
    BlackBlurry likes this.
    02-28-20 02:05 PM
    That's the same issue I had the the Passport Silver Edition. The connection to email would become unavailable unable to sync for days yet my BlackBerry Z30 would work just fine, and continue to stay connected. Phenomenal device but just so strange to have that issue. That and the battery went dead within five months of near minimal use

Posted via CB10 on my  Z30
    02-28-20 02:39 PM
    a new battery? ....how?
    02-28-20 02:43 PM
    Twidere works really well on my PP ...even though my PP is electrocuting me and constantly shutting down.
    02-28-20 02:47 PM

Hey BlackBurry,

I'd second similar comments about the Passport being superior to the Classic and getting a new one rather than a Classic, but a Classic's great too if you want.

The Key2 is essentially worthless based on many standard user reviews and neutral third-party reviews. Better to get a Samsung Galaxy device if you want to go Android for some reason.

BB10 will last for quite some time to come so no worries there. Keep the faith!
    Last edited by Thud Hardsmack; 03-09-20 at 11:48 AM. Reason: trolling removed
    BlackBlurry and truth4u like this.
    02-28-20 09:54 PM

The Key2 is essentially worthless based on many standard user reviews and neutral third-party reviews
    The KEY² and KEY² LE always floated around 4.5 out of 5 on Amazon based on hundreds of customer reviews, so users seemed to be very satisfied.

This is around the same, or a bit better than the Samsung S10 for comparison - which is also a very nice device.
    Laura Knotek, mikael11 and Grungni like this.
    02-28-20 10:34 PM
    Hey BlackBurry,

I'd second similar comments about the Passport being superior to the Classic and getting a new one rather than a Classic, but a Classic's great too if you want.

The Key2 is essentially worthless based on many standard user reviews and neutral third-party reviews. Better to get a Samsung Galaxy device if you want to go Android for some reason.

BB10 will last for quite some time to come so no worries there. Keep the faith!
    "Keep the faith" .....well I am a Northern Souler so I will!!
    Last edited by Thud Hardsmack; 03-09-20 at 11:49 AM. Reason: quoted post edit
    02-29-20 07:50 AM
    The KEY² and KEY² LE always floated around 4.5 out of 5 on Amazon based on hundreds of customer reviews, so users seemed to be very satisfied.

This is around the same, or a bit better than the Samsung S10 for comparison - which is also a very nice device.
    Then again, I have read so many negative comments and complaints regarding the Key series phones, and I mean here on CB. And we are talking about devices that were current until recently....Having said that, I'd still like to own a Key2 one day, but even if that day ever comes, I will still continue using my PP SE until it doesn't work any more!
    02-29-20 08:20 AM
    Then again, I have read so many negative comments and complaints regarding the Key series phones, and I mean here on CB. And we are talking about devices that were current until recently....Having said that, I'd still like to own a Key2 one day, but even if that day ever comes, I will still continue using my PP SE until it doesn't work any more!
    This site loves to eat its own young. It's been like that with every phone launch going back 10 years.

The Amazon rating is a more representative and accurate reading.
    Grungni and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    02-29-20 08:24 AM
    I got the KeyOne 64G, 4G India version and am 100% happy about it, don't know if I even want to try a Key2. I no longer feel like trying to make a BB10 work for me as I'm now used to the KeyOne. Rumors that these aren't well-made phones got blown out of proportion over some early version glitches. I am in the USA on Cricket and I have no problem with connectivity. I think the 4G of memory over 3G in the basic version makes all the difference in the world. Would a 6G memory Key2 work any better? I doubt I would see a difference except possibly shorter battery life.

I may be wishing I got a second backup phone when it was easier / cheaper to find one.
    02-29-20 01:28 PM
    This site loves to eat its own young. It's been like that with every phone launch going back 10 years.

The Amazon rating is a more representative and accurate reading.
    The AT&T Ratings for the KEYone are also excellent.

Z10 = BB10 + VKB > iOS + Android
    02-29-20 01:44 PM
    You're asking for time... I do not know. My pressing question is, will their support coming to an end mean that something as basic as calls, texting or internet connection from your local network provider come to an end or is it just Blackberry services? Will this phone basically become a toy that you cannot even format since you need also their servers (blackberry) to authenticate you are the owner and not a thief?
    02-29-20 03:00 PM
    Using an autoloader for a fresh new start... does this mean that you can do this even after Blackberry support ends without the phone needing authentication from Blackberry to confirm it has not been stolen?
    02-29-20 03:05 PM
    Using an autoloader for a fresh new start... does this mean that you can do this even after Blackberry support ends without the phone needing authentication from Blackberry to confirm it has not been stolen?
    Assuming you have Protect disabled, you will always be able to run an autoloader.

IF both the BBID infrastructure is shuttered AND you have Protect still enabled, then there would be a problem.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-29-20 04:40 PM
67 123