Don't try so hard defending the Key devices. I own a Key 1 : screen came off. Bought a Key2 spacebar sucked and swiping not consistent at all. Let's not talk about call quality.

Currently I wouldn't advise anyone to buy a Key2. Too much of a gamble. Depending on when it was produced different issues popped up.

I am currently using PP as my daily driver and yes it has its limitations but I find the fact that it does emails calls and typing perfectly a blessing

I have an iPhone X mind you. Not using it much these days. The PP keeps me focused.

Posted via CB10
    I couldn't care less what you or anyone else uses. I was just refuting a subjective/anecdotal post with actual data.
    Last edited by conite; 05-13-20 at 12:27 PM.
    05-13-20 12:05 PM
    Don't try so hard defending the Key devices. I own a Key 1 : screen came off. Bought a Key2 spacebar sucked and swiping not consistent at all. Let's not talk about call quality.

Currently I wouldn't advise anyone to buy a Key2. Too much of a gamble. Depending on when it was produced different issues popped up.

I am currently using PP as my daily driver and yes it has its limitations but I find the fact that it does emails calls and typing perfectly a blessing

I have an iPhone X mind you. Not using it much these days. The PP keeps me focused.

Posted via CB10
    Bang on Thinkbusiness. I too owned the K1 SE from launch and the K2 SE with its Flawed PKB also from launch. So we did our part in good faith to support this Droidberry endeavour only to be abandoned by support and then falling back on our Legacy devices. I too rock my Passport from time to time and find the experience, although limited, to be much more enjoyable with a perfect and precise PKB which is 90% of the reason I supported a BlackBerry branded device in the first place. Again, facts are facts and they matter. I will now reluctantly be moving on to an iPhone 11 Pro and have no regrets about dumping my Droidberry's, only sadness for a failed attempt by BlackBerry LTD to keep the iconic brand alive and relevant. Revisionist history is something that is very unappealing from some here.

PS - I for one am very interested in what people here use for a device, as a matter of fact my decision to go with the 11 Pro was partially based on user comments here, so I thank the community for that.
    Last edited by Crusader03; 05-13-20 at 01:18 PM.
    BlackBlurry likes this.
    05-13-20 01:01 PM
    Revisionist history is something that is very unappealing from some here.
    How was the KEY²'s Amazon rating of 4.5 (based on hundreds and hundreds of reviews) revisionist?
    05-13-20 01:10 PM
    I use a BB PassPort that is getting a bit dodgy and thinking about buying an almost new unused Classic as I have heard BB Key2 is really bad.

Anyone know how long BB10 has left?
    An update:

My PassPort became too unreliable, apart from the spiteful electrocutions, the screen started to freeze far too often and even stopped me taking calls.

I still keep it for emails at home, and for the amazing accuweather app, and as my alarm clock ....it still sleeps with me

I couldn't quite justify the cost of a new Android BlackBerry so ended up with a tough-book / rugged phone type BlackView BV9500 plus!

Oh janey mack! it is basically a power bank with a phone attached, so heavy, so chunky, a genuine brick!

I like it though, very fast, 10000mh battery lasts all week, waterproof, I can also drive over it if I wish... and it has lots of intriguing apps.

I tried adding BlackBerry Hub etc., but struggled and there were too many advertisements, maybe I'll look at the paid version.

Here it is (hopefully attached correctly) next to my PassPort and a motorola for comparison, perhaps one day if BlackBerry start making new phones and I have a bit more money I'll be able to get another BB, so for the time being it's BV for me

BB10, How long we going to live?-chinesephone.jpg
    05-13-20 01:36 PM
    Just moved this week from a Classic to a Passport...no way to go back do ****droid as main device...
    05-13-20 03:42 PM
    With this whole coronavirus stuff I’m debating going to a classic. I’m in no way doing anything illegal but I also don’t want to be a part of the tracing apps they’re using.

Not sure if it’s worth the jump coming from an iPhone 11. Lol.
    truth4u and dwatts26726 like this.
    05-13-20 10:56 PM
    With this whole coronavirus stuff I’m debating going to a classic. I’m in no way doing anything illegal but I also don’t want to be a part of the tracing apps they’re using.

Not sure if it’s worth the jump coming from an iPhone 11. Lol.
    I don't think those tracing apps will be forcefully installed through updates. It would be illegal, at least here in Europe.

Posted via my lovely  Z30
    05-14-20 12:47 AM
    I don't think those tracing apps will be forcefully installed through updates. It would be illegal, at least here in Europe.

What's legal or illegal today.... may change if it's necessary.

Many places are trying contact tracing... but the issue is getting enough people to participate. But the worlds economy can't afford much more of the lock down, and if things heat up next fall and winter... something is going to have to give.
    iUser likes this.
    05-14-20 08:46 AM

In a pandemic the rules change and the government can do almost whatever they want. I don’t want this to turn into a political thing but they’ve already shut down things and kept things open here that don’t make sense and some would find illegal for them to do.

I just know apple and google were working on a partnership for the covid tracing thing and I’m assuming one of those wouldn’t be an app rather than a built in in changeable setting for them to track you. It would be like a emergency alert message “which aren’t illegal” but they know where you are to send it to your phone. This would just add another level of “what are you doing” to the governments eye with us I feel.
    05-19-20 11:21 PM
    https://techcrunch.com/2020/05/20/co...th-new-update/

Google and Apple working together on this. Maybe hanging on to an outdated BlackBerry isn't such a bad idea lol
    05-21-20 03:24 PM
    https://techcrunch.com/2020/05/20/co...th-new-update/

Google and Apple working together on this. Maybe hanging on to an outdated BlackBerry isn't such a bad idea lol
    Well, saving lives is not a bad idea either.
    05-21-20 03:27 PM
    I didn't say it wasn't. And if it's done with regards to people's privacy and allows people who do not wish to participate the option to opt out, it won't be an issue.
    05-21-20 03:56 PM
    I didn't say it wasn't. And if it's done with regards to people's privacy and allows people who do not wish to participate the option to opt out, it won't be an issue.
    Exactly my thoughts.
    dwatts26726 likes this.
    05-21-20 03:57 PM
    Yeah in the end this isn't going away... here in Florida yesterday was one of our biggest increases, and that's with the filters in place to limit the bad news. Seems we don't count nursing home or prison populations, and have a few other limitations...
    05-21-20 04:01 PM
    And that is, indeed, the way it is supposed to work.

https://arstechnica.com/information-...d-19-at-scale/
    05-21-20 06:53 PM
    When it's all over the PKB on my Passport would make a wicked neat tattoo.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-20 10:23 PM
    When it's all over the PKB on my Passport would make a wicked neat tattoo.

Posted via CB10
    Especially if placement thought-out and well-planned.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-20 08:50 AM
67 123