I'm chatting with someone on BBM in the BBM window. I don't want or need the instant preview popping up every time I receive a message from that person at the top. However, I do want instant previews when I'm in a DIFFERENT window. Am I able to disable that?

Thanks!
    11-06-14 08:10 PM
    That's not Instant Preview. Instant Preview is a BlackBerry 10 OS function. What you're seeing is BBM Chat Preview which cannot be disabled. An option to disable it would be nice.
    kazin likes this.
    11-06-14 08:44 PM
    What OS are you on.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 09:05 PM
    That's not Instant Preview. Instant Preview is a BlackBerry 10 OS function. What you're seeing is BBM Chat Preview which cannot be disabled. An option to disable it would be nice.
    Hmm...you're right - it does not do it for whatsapp. Thanks for the reply.

What OS are you on.

Posted via CB10
    Leaked 10.3.1 for Q10.
    11-06-14 11:24 PM
    Seems it's been happening more often on the new leak. It's a bug, it should not happen

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 11:32 PM
    It's not a bug, that's how they designed it.
    11-07-14 06:29 AM
    There should be an option to turn it off
    11-07-14 06:41 AM
    I'm chatting with someone on BBM in the BBM window. I don't want or need the instant preview popping up every time I receive a message from that person at the top. However, I do want instant previews when I'm in a DIFFERENT window. Am I able to disable that?

Thanks!
    Go into your settings in the BBM app itself and select "Edit instant preview", then clear all. This is separate from the preview you set up in notifications and should fix the problem.

Posted via CB10 on my VZW STL100-4 running 10.3.1.821/800 hybrid
    anon721037 likes this.
    11-07-14 06:43 AM
    it isn't how it works in 10.2.1.3442 with bbm 10.5.3.28 and all my contacts enabled. I don't get redundant previews.
    11-07-14 06:50 AM
    Go into your settings in the BBM app itself and select "Edit instant preview", then clear all. This is separate from the preview you set up in notifications and should fix the problem.

Thanks I didn't have time to come back and answer this.

Posted via CB10
    WWBlondieDo likes this.
    11-07-14 07:27 AM
    I don't think most of you are understanding his issue.
    It is a bug that happens on the new leak more often than it did on the official releases.
    anyone running the official 10.2.1 will tell you it doesn't happen often that they will get the redundant notification box (although it still happened from time to time)
    But on 10.3.1 it seems to be happening more often.

This has nothing to do with the settings. Please read the OP's post carefully before you mislead him.

Posted via CB10
    WWBlondieDo, kazin and Vuneu like this.
    11-07-14 07:54 AM
    I'm sorry, I think I misunderstood. BBM Chat Preview is when you're in BBM chatting with someone and someone else BBMs you, you will see a preview at the top. At the moment, there is no option to turn this off. But if you're in BBM chatting with someone and while you're in the chat, that same person sends you a message, then you should not be seeing any Instant Preview and that would definitely be a bug.
    11-07-14 10:10 AM
    I don't think most of you are understanding his issue.
    It is a bug that happens on the new leak more often than it did on the official releases.
    anyone running the official 10.2.1 will tell you it doesn't happen often that they will get the redundant notification box (although it still happened from time to time)
    But on 10.3.1 it seems to be happening more often.

This has nothing to do with the settings. Please read the OP's post carefully before you mislead him.

Posted via CB10
    Offering a possible solution to the OP's problem is not "misleading" him. Since the OP hasn't clarified the issue more than what was stated in his first post (except to say that it doesn't happen with his WhatsApp messages, which suggests it's a BBM - not OS - issue), you don't know who is misunderstanding anything - us or you. I have experienced the BBM settings' instant previews popping up while in a conversation with that contact and turning that setting off changed that.

11-07-14 02:35 PM
    He gave plenty of information. You don't understand what he wrote, that's fine.

Basically sometimes you will get the instant preview show up in any messaging app (BBM, sms and some others) even though you are in a conversation with the same person.
    This is a bug. Normally, you only get the instant preview if you aren't currently in the messaging app with that person, since this is redundant.

The conclusion to what I'm saying is in my last post

Posted via CB10

For the record he explained his post perfectly. This might happen more often with BBM, which also is an updated version if you are running the leaked os, and obviously it's a bug. There's no solution
    Vuneu likes this.
    11-07-14 03:45 PM
    He gave plenty of information. You don't understand what he wrote, that's fine.

Basically sometimes you will get the instant preview show up in any messaging app (BBM, sms and some others) even though you are in a conversation with the same person.
    This is a bug. Normally, you only get the instant preview if you aren't currently in the messaging app with that person, since this is redundant.

The conclusion to what I'm saying is in my last post

Posted via CB10

For the record he explained his post perfectly. This might happen more often with BBM, which also is an updated version if you are running the leaked os, and obviously it's a bug. There's no solution
    This kind of attitude is exactly why a lot of people have stopped offering help on this forum.

OP, what you are experiencing could be a bug due to the leaked OS or it could be a bug within BBM, related to the in-app instant previews. If it is the latter, my previous posts offer the solution. If it is the former, I believe mad_mdx's offering is essentially "too bad, so sad".

11-07-14 10:57 PM
    There is no attitude .

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 12:17 AM
    Thanks for the help everyone. Let's all settle down - all here to help.
    11-10-14 07:50 PM
    I'm a little confused on this: I've never seen anything about "BBM Chat Preview" anywhere other than this thread. In the BBM App Settings menu, they're called "Instant Previews" and even a Google search is not turning up any info on a feature named BBM Chat Previews.

I was under the impression that these were all under the heading of Instant Previews, aka Toast Notifications. I never received any sort of banner notification at all until Instant Previews were added into the mix, and as mad_mdx pointed out they've been malfunctioning as the OP experienced with varying degrees of consistency, depending on the OS.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by mhg0157; 11-11-14 at 12:24 AM.
    11-11-14 12:05 AM
    I'm a little confused on this: I've never seen anything about "BBM Chat Preview" anywhere other than this thread. In the BBM App Settings menu, they're called "Instant Previews" and even a Google search is not turning up any info on a feature named BBM Chat Previews.

I was under the impression that these were all under the heading of Instant Previews, aka Toast Notifications. I never received any sort of banner notification at all until Instant Previews were added into the mix, and as mad_mdx pointed out they've been malfunctioning as the OP experienced with varying degrees of consistency, depending on the OS.

Posted via CB10
    BBM Chat Previews = Instant Previews. Same thing, just that it only seems to bug out when in BBM.
    11-12-14 12:26 AM
    From what I know, you will get instant previews for BBM while BBMing *via the Hub*. When using the app itself via an active frame, the instant preview for said app should not appear.

Posted with my Super Duper Zed Thurdee
    11-12-14 12:14 PM