No alternative so far to key board, hub and gesture based OS

Z30STA100-2/10.3.3.2163
    12-25-16 05:10 AM
    Just a great platform. Much better than android and miles ahead of IOS. The efficiency of BlackBerry os 10 is unfortunately not found elsewhere.

On my passport, I rdp all the time to my desktop to run reports. I don't use my notebook anymore unless I have to do big spreadsheet.

Its an amazing phone and operating system.

Posted via CB10
    I agree with U! BB10 is the best SO ON THE MARKET today...IMHO!

Posted via CB10
    12-25-16 05:27 AM
    I am in love with my newly purchased passport SE.
    The keyboard is so satisfying to type one and has the best auto correct out of any smartphones.
    Sound quality both from speakers or through headphones is outstanding.
    Battery life, lasts me through days.
    BlackBerry Hub is a must.
    Apps aren't really a downside for me since I have an iPhone and iPad pro
    I can start writing a document upload it to the cloud and resume it on my mac or iPad.
    Great file manager/ USB drive combo.
    Feels solid, great build quality.
    All in all, for me it's a mobile work station.

Not sure if I could live with just one phone and it being BB10, because I don't feel like jumping through hoops to download the most common of social apps. That's why I keep an iPhone as secondary. But I'll be damned if I don't keep my passport until it dies.

Posted via CB10
    YesAndNo likes this.
    12-25-16 07:21 AM
    As my stepfather says...

'I don't need all those friggin apps and games'
    And you do?????

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.2.2876
    12-25-16 07:43 AM
    Another reason why it's a good idea to stick with BlackBerry OS10 for a bit longer instead of surrender to Google's Droid world...

Https://myactivity.google.com/?restrict=vaa
    Stating:
    "Welcome to my activity"
    Data helps make Google service more useful for you. Sign in to review and manage your activity, including things you've searched for, websites that you've visited and videos that you've watched.

Well what they're not mentioning ist the treasure of your audio recordings your mobile microphone streaming over to Google...

The link suppose to show you what Google was listening to all your conversations verbal and non verbal constantly!
    May this comes as a surprise to you ones recall all your recordings... which Google keeps pileing up...

Can't sign in my self to tell you more because I have no Google nor Android account...

Have fun listening to all your private and secret recordings... you didn't know about...

Posted either via -Passport -Classic / OS-10.3.++ is all you need
    Last edited by hobgoblin1961; 12-26-16 at 12:05 PM.
    12-26-16 11:48 AM
    Another reason why it's a good idea to stick with BlackBerry OS10 for a bit longer instead of surrender to Google's Droid world...

Https://myactivity.google.com/?restrict=vaa
    Stating:
    "Welcome to my activity"
    Data helps make Google service more useful for you. Sign in to review and manage your activity, including things you've searched for, websites that you've visited and videos that you've watched.

Well what they're not mentioning ist the treasure of your audio recordings your mobile microphone streaming over to Google...

The link suppose to show you what Google was listening to all your conversations verbal and non verbal constantly!
    May this comes as a surprise to you ones recall all your recordings... which Google keeps pileing up...

Can't sign in my self to tell you more because I have no Google nor Android account...

Have fun listening to all your private and secret recordings... you didn't know about...

Nothing there except voice searches and a delete button.
    12-26-16 12:54 PM
    Nothing there except voice searches and a delete button.
    Yep that's where you may search for the recordings to tune in for...
    And this delete button, that's the one that let you clear your recorded history.
    May you are one of the clever folks who did denied Google for recording in the 1st place... well done if you don't find anything, but if there are files you would be able to hear flushing the WC, screaming kids or anything you previously been talking with your Android device nearby stored on audio files as well as your phone call conversations.

12-26-16 01:05 PM
    Yep that's where you may search for the recordings to tune in for...
    And this delete button, that's the one that let you clear your recorded history.
    May you are one of the clever folks who did denied Google for recording in the 1st place... well done if you don't find anything, but if there are files you would be able to hear flushing the WC, screaming kids or anything you previously been talking with your Android device nearby stored on audio files.

Incorrect. It only contains anything the microphone is actively used for. This is web searches and voice commands only, there are no random recordings on file.
    12-26-16 01:25 PM
    Incorrect. It only contains anything the microphone is actively used for. This is web searches and voice commands only, there are no random recordings on file.
    Well as I stated, I can't confirm anything inside of Google's Web account contains because I have no Google account.
    Had all this infos and descriptions from a German IT new article!
    Warning for data grabbing recording from all microphone related Android devices and how to block them, as described in my initial post.
    May folks use Google translate to follow the source and links:

Http://www.stern.de/digital/online/g...a-7052522.html

12-26-16 02:00 PM
    By the way...
    This is still a major concern regarding why it's good to hold out with BlackBerry anyway, my point to post this info at this place.

The article stating random recording!

12-26-16 02:07 PM
    Physical keyboard
    Has all the apps I want
    Removable battery
    Small form (Q10)
    No money

Posted via CB10
    12-26-16 02:12 PM
    Well as I stated, I can't confirm anything inside of Google's Web account contains because I have no Google account.
    Had all this infos and descriptions from a German IT new article!
    Warning for data grabbing recording from all microphone related Android devices and how to block them, as described in my initial post.
    May folks use Google translate to follow the source and links:

Http://www.stern.de/digital/online/g...a-7052522.html

By the way...
    This is still a major concern regarding why it's good to hold out with BlackBerry anyway, my point to post this info at this place.

The article stating random recording!

If you're going to post information make sure it's correct and not scare articles looking for clicks.
    mbirth likes this.
    12-26-16 03:12 PM
    If you're going to post information make sure it's correct and not scare articles looking for clicks.
    Well read the article from the STERN as found in the link, Google translate could be your friend, this news magazine is not one of this new iT blogs but a well established news media for about 60 years now, considered to be a reliable source by real journalists not blogger.
    No clickbite intended ... only as info and further reason why it's a good idea to holdout with OS10 instead of blindly to jump on to any passing livestyle train like big company Google... just be aware of the tripwire involved with such services that come along in flashing colours.

12-27-16 02:03 AM
    Well read the article from the STERN as found in the link, Google translate could be your friend, this news magazine is not one of this new iT blogs but a well established news media for about 60 years now, considered to be a reliable source by real journalists not blogger.
    No clickbite intended ... only as info and further reason why it's a good idea to holdout with OS10 instead of blindly to jump on to any passing livestyle train like big company Google... just be aware of the tripwire involved with such services that come along in flashing colours.

I don't care who wrote it, it's still incorrect information. The author wrote a knee jerk reaction without doing proper research, whether out of ignorance or a desire to get more page views.
    12-27-16 02:15 AM
    Regarding the article this audio recordings are supposed to be found among the "non transkript available" just check it out!
    And hey if that's empty in your case, you are a lucky one :-)
    BB10 holdouts tell us why-google-suche.jpg

Posted either via -Classic -Passport / OS-10.3.++ is all you need
    12-27-16 02:17 AM
    Regarding the article this audio recordings are supposed to be found among the "non transkript available" just check it out!
    And hey if that's empty in your case, you are a lucky one :-)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	google-suche.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	414890

Again: they are from using Google Now and/or voice commands. Google is not, and I repeat, is not responsible for user error - if the author was careless enough to bump buttons while using the bathroom that's his own fault. I can replicate the situation easily by touching the mic button on my headset and not saying anything, voila - new recording, transcript not available.
    mbirth likes this.
    12-27-16 02:37 AM
    Again: they are from using Google Now and/or voice commands. Google is not, and I repeat, is not responsible for user error - if the author was careless enough to bump buttons while using the bathroom that's his own fault. I can replicate the situation easily by touching the mic button on my headset and not saying anything, voila - new recording, transcript not available.
    Glad that's sorted out for you, but many folks are not aware aboiut that

12-27-16 02:48 AM

Sadly this is true, and thus susceptible to these types of sensationalist articles.
    12-27-16 02:55 AM
    Sensationalism or not, I trust BlackBerry over Google any day. I'll hold onto my Passport for now.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-16 08:55 AM
    Why stick with BB10? Well, for ME.. I just haven't found anything that appears to be better than what I have. Eventually that will change but so far my 3 year old Z30 is holding its own with every task that I need.
    12-27-16 09:08 AM
    And this is the reason there should be some sort of user's license for users of IT devices.
    12-28-16 07:50 PM
96 ... 234