I am seeing a problem with syncing contacts between BB10 phones (Z30, Z10) and Gmail. These problems are occurring with more than one Gmail account. In two cases when a new sync was attempted, only 140 out of 1200 contacts were brought into a Z30 from Gmail. On a Z10, with a different Gmail account, I am getting the message:

An unexpected problem occurred with CardDav:Gmail.

The BB10 system is up to date on all devices

I assume that the problem is with BB10. Can we expect that Blackberry will be fixing this sort of problem with BB10 in the future? Any ideas for a quick fix? Thank you. David H
    02-07-19 04:25 PM
    Do you have an iPhone synchronised with that Gmail?

Send by PassPort Silver Edition
    02-09-19 04:07 PM
    I am seeing a problem with syncing contacts between BB10 phones (Z30, Z10) and Gmail. These problems are occurring with more than one Gmail account. In two cases when a new sync was attempted, only 140 out of 1200 contacts were brought into a Z30 from Gmail. On a Z10, with a different Gmail account, I am getting the message:

I assume that the problem is with BB10. Can we expect that Blackberry will be fixing this sort of problem with BB10 in the future? Any ideas for a quick fix? Thank you. David H
    Probably not. The option to export a vCard file has been available for some time and I just tried it earlier. Not with 1200 contacts though good luck.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-19 04:12 PM
    No. Just BB10 or Android DTEK60
    02-09-19 07:12 PM

Read and follow these instructions carefully:

(First delete the existing contacts account if there is one to avoid any errors).

1. Go to Accounts.

2. Select Add Account.

3. Select Advanced at the bottom of the screen.

4. Tap CardDav.

5. Enter whatever you like for a description, and your Gmail e-mail address for username and e-mail address. Enter your Gmail password for the password.

6. For the Server Address, enter the following:

https://www.googleapis.com/.well-known/carddav

I'm guessing Google fully deprecated their old CardDAV URL, which is why the autodetect for BB10 is not picking it up, but I have tested and confirmed contacts can be added this way and two-way sync is fully functional.
    Level1Cache likes this.
    02-09-19 09:33 PM
    Thank you for your attention to this problem. Most appreciated! I followed your instructions a couple of times but with no success. This is the message I got, more or less.

Your account Caldav (next is private info) cannot be authenticated with your service provider. Please make sure that the account settings are correct.

I can sign on to Gmail with the same account details with no problem. Thanks again. David H
    02-10-19 07:53 PM
    Thank you for your attention to this problem. Most appreciated! I followed your instructions a couple of times but with no success. This is the message I got, more or less.

Your account Caldav (next is private info) cannot be authenticated with your service provider. Please make sure that the account settings are correct.

I can sign on to Gmail with the same account details with no problem. Thanks again. David H
    Here are some threads you can take a peek at:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1162480

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1162713
    02-10-19 11:39 PM

well..to help you I just might say upgrade to a android phone!
    sorry to disappoint you!

Posted via CB10
    02-11-19 06:25 AM

Hello David,

Can you post a screenshot of the exact error you're getting? You can also check to see whether "less-secure apps" and 2FA is enabled.

Don't worry--Gmail contacts can definitely sync with BB10, so we'll get you back up and going!
    02-11-19 05:24 PM
    I lost my contacts once because I store in Google's cloud, not anymore... I store now in Icloud server.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-19 02:58 PM
    Thanks Ben xfg for saving my day. Had to re-install my Q10 after a drop of the Z10 that resulted in a broken (touch)screen. Had difficulties with the installing the g-contacts, but this saves my BB!
    What I wonder, the "old address" seems to be no issue yet on my passport. But if, there's a fix.
    02-12-19 03:51 PM
    Thanks Ben xfg for saving my day. Had to re-install my Q10 after a drop of the Z10 that resulted in a broken (touch)screen. Had difficulties with the installing the g-contacts, but this saves my BB!
    What I wonder, the "old address" seems to be no issue yet on my passport. But if, there's a fix.
    Credit goes to @TrumpetTiger, I just got it from the other thread.
    02-12-19 05:06 PM

(First delete the existing contacts account if there is one to avoid any errors).

1. Go to Accounts.

2. Select Add Account.

4. Tap CardDav.

5. Enter whatever you like for a description, and your Gmail e-mail address for username and e-mail address. Enter your Gmail password for the password.

I'm guessing Google fully deprecated their old CardDAV URL, which is why the autodetect for BB10 is not picking it up, but I have tested and confirmed contacts can be added this way and two-way sync is fully functional.
    Thank you very much. Finally, I can have my Google Contacts successfully sync to my Q10.
    02-28-19 06:39 AM

1. Go to Accounts.

2. Select Add Account.

4. Tap CardDav.

Thank you very much!!!Excellent!!!!
    It's really very worthy information!!!

Posted via CB10
    03-13-19 11:11 PM
    Thanks a lot for instructions posted in this thread. It helped a lot.
    03-25-19 04:34 AM
    Hi! I have a beloved Z30 but a week ago I didn’t receive any email (Gmail) in the hub. Email, contacts and calendar indicates as not connected. Removed the Gmail account, but account can not be added anymore. We use workspace and my company email works via BES12 server without any problem. My GF has the same phone same OS version and she has no problem.

I've tried all the suggestions written in this topic, but does not work.

Maybe a factory reset help?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-19 10:38 AM
    norton

Can you login your Gmail account through browse?I mean,any browser,for instance,blackberry browser,windows IE,of firefox,safari,etc.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-19 10:51 AM
    Sure, I’ve logged in at least 2 PCs and now tried BlackBerry browser and zeus browser too.

This message is received when I try add a new account in accounts menu:

"At this time your email, contacts and calendar accounts can’t be added. Please try again later. "

I cannot create a screenshot as my volume up does not work...

Posted via CB10
    03-27-19 07:15 PM
    Sure, I’ve logged in at least 2 PCs and now tried BlackBerry browser and zeus browser too.

This message is received when I try add a new account in accounts menu:

"At this time your email, contacts and calendar accounts can’t be added. Please try again later. "

I cannot create a screenshot as my volume up does not work...

Posted via CB10
    What happens if you try and add only the email and calendar accounts?
    Also try signing out of Google from all browsers on the device.
    03-27-19 08:50 PM
    I've logged out all browsers.

I use an older version of Cobalt BlackBerry Google ID, Google Account Manager and Google Play servicesIf I only setup email using advanced>Gmail I get this error message:
    The SSL certificate provided by server smtp.gmail.com for SMTP is either invalid or was declined.

My GF has exactly the same settings except BES12 server.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-19 03:19 AM
    Dude, THANK YOU! This was truly driving me insane.
    04-01-19 07:56 PM