From what i have read from TechRadar, Samsung is revealing their SIII May 3rd. Details here: Samsung Galaxy S3 benchmark reveals more details | News | TechRadar

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    US launch will be sometime in Sept/Oct as it had happened with S2
    04-27-12 12:20 AM
    Dude, just wait until Thursday May 3rd to see what BlackBerry DevCon presents and if they announce anything BB10.

Is RIM really holding a major event the same day that Samsung is unveiling the S3? Talk about crap luck for RIM...

Well, I have an S1 and considering it is probally the worst purchase I have ever made, no I sure as heck won't get an S3.

In the year I've had a Playbook I've had a multitude of updates with bug fixes improvements, and the device is way better than it was when I got it. It is pretty much bug free now.

My S1 on the otherhand was sent out of the gate by Sammy extremely buggy and to fix major issues it took them 6 months to send out a basic update to stop the phone from crashing in your pocket every day. After an update, it crashes in my pocket once a week, GPS still broken, still freezes while I'm using it, and if I leave data on the battery still dies before I leave work.

Sorry, but Sammy makes phones with nice specs, but they're functionally garbage.
    The GSII became a giant seller for a reason. Perhaps you got a crappy unit, or you expected the world from the S1. To blanket Samsung products as all horrible products because of your single experience is plain stupid.

You compare that to your PlayBook, which was half baked and is still largely half baked. Yet, you give them a pass because they push out updates over a period of time to add the most basic of functions to it. That's like praising a runner because they've slowly brought down their 5K time from 60 minutes to 50 minutes. They are still significantly off the pace.
    04-27-12 08:12 AM
    To the OP:

The GSII has been a top seller for a reason. It has terrific specs, is smooth as can be, and can really be whatever it is that you want it to be. I switched from a 9700, and can safely say that I won't be going back to BBs anytime soon.

Two points:

1) If the GS3 is anything like the SII, it will be a damn fine phone. Battery life should be fine - my SII more than gets me through a day with heavy use. If you can adjust to the size, then go for it.

2) Keep in mind that even if BB10 makes it to market on time, their phones will be first generation - new form factor, new components, new OS. It will surely be an upgrade to OS7 (or whatever they are on now), and this will surely impress the bejeezus out of the BB fanboys, but the chances that it is in the same ballpark as Android or iOS is highly unlikely.

Imo, BB presents not a single advantage over Android or iOS. And, based on what I've seen on the PlayBook, BB10 will be just another modern day OS. I've said this for a long time now, if RIM and BB really want to make a dent, they need to expand well past just being a phone manufacturer. They have lost out on some great opportunities over the years to sure up their user base, to grow their user base, etc. And, each and every time, they drop the ball (or never see the ball coming).
    04-27-12 08:21 AM
    Is RIM really holding a major event the same day that Samsung is unveiling the S3? Talk about crap luck for RIM...

The GSII became a giant seller for a reason. Perhaps you got a crappy unit, or you expected the world from the S1. To blanket Samsung products as all horrible products because of your single experience is plain stupid.

You compare that to your PlayBook, which was half baked and is still largely half baked. Yet, you give them a pass because they push out updates over a period of time to add the most basic of functions to it. That's like praising a runner because they've slowly brought down their 5K time from 60 minutes to 50 minutes. They are still significantly off the pace.
    Samsung is notorious for forgetting devices exist the day after they release them. I'm surprised anyone that purchases smartphones is unaware of this. The S1 was and is buggy with regular reboots required as it freezes quite a bit. A large percentage of the devices don't even have a working GPS. I guess they figured nobody would care since they'd be watching avatar on it all day...everyday. Anyway buy Samsung if you want but realize the risk. The Nexus line is exempt from this warning due to reasons outlined in previous posts.
    04-27-12 08:34 AM
    Samsung will offer the SGS3 with the Quad-core Exynos4 in Europe, but use the Dual-core Snapdragon S4 in the US due to its LTE connectivety.

you heard it here first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    04-27-12 08:48 AM
    Samsung is notorious for forgetting devices exist the day after they release them. I'm surprised anyone that purchases smartphones is unaware of this. The S1 was and is buggy with regular reboots required as it freezes quite a bit. A large percentage of the devices don't even have a working GPS. I guess they figured nobody would care since they'd be watching avatar on it all day...everyday. Anyway buy Samsung if you want but realize the risk. The Nexus line is exempt from this warning due to reasons outlined in previous posts.
    Hey, Rip Van Winkle, you need to catch up to reality. The GS2 was the best device of 2011 and has almost been fully updated to ICS before every other top tier phone on the planet. Even today its still one of the best phones you can buy. Let go of the past. GPS issues? Seriously?
    04-27-12 01:09 PM
    Nothing is half baked or crap, now can we not derail and be back on topic to provide the OP with actual advice? Come on now, this is a blackberry forum, not another platform forum. If they're stuck in the middle, help them out.
    04-27-12 02:19 PM

C

That article was posted 11 hours ago before I found it and it was very recent. Also from other news I have read they mention May. Cnet on my Social Feeds says May as well. So yeah probably May is when that device will be revealed. Not Launched in May to be confused but Revealed In May.

04-27-12 06:25 PM
    Well, I have an S1 and considering it is probally the worst purchase I have ever made, no I sure as heck won't get an S3.

In the year I've had a Playbook I've had a multitude of updates with bug fixes improvements, and the device is way better than it was when I got it. It is pretty much bug free now.

My S1 on the otherhand was sent out of the gate by Sammy extremely buggy and to fix major issues it took them 6 months to send out a basic update to stop the phone from crashing in your pocket every day. After an update, it crashes in my pocket once a week, GPS still broken, still freezes while I'm using it, and if I leave data on the battery still dies before I leave work.

Sorry, but Sammy makes phones with nice specs, but they're functionally garbage.
    lets see talking about a 2 generation old phone when the samsung GSIII comes out. Kinda like comparing a BB OS5 device to a OS7 device. Not much need in wasting your breath
    04-28-12 07:44 AM
    s3 is going to be king , although with the quad core processor , people will be ******** about the battery for a loooooong time , but if i had the extra cash , I'd go for the s3 , i hear android jellybean os is going to be aweesoome
    04-28-12 11:27 AM
    s3 is going to be king , although with the quad core processor , people will be ******** about the battery for a loooooong time , but if i had the extra cash , I'd go for the s3 , i hear android jellybean os is going to be aweesoome
    I mean this with all respect, but it sounds like you're very young. Whether Jellybean is "awesome" or not is completely relative, you could say the same about many many things.

The expectations on the SG3 are very high i think the phone will not disappoint. That said, i was impressed with what i saw today from Blackberry. I was inclined to buy the S3 but now i feel like waiting is the best thing to do.
    05-01-12 03:50 PM
    I should wait till BB10 arrives ! You never know
    08-11-12 05:41 AM
    This thread, though ancient, is my current dilemma. I'm eligible for a new phone mid-October. My phone (Droid 2 Global) is acting crappy, slow, and the specs (1.2 ghz processor, 512mb ram) don't keep up. The OS is outdated (2.3 Gingerbread). The Samsung Galaxy S III has ICS, to be updated to Jellybean, Quad-core 1.4 Ghz. processor and 2GB of ram. Reviews, user and tech blog alike, are fantastic.

On the other hand, I was very impressed by the BB10 multitasking and keyboard. I don't think Android will see something like this for another generation (5.0? 5.x? 6.0?) or so. Blackberry seems to present relatively lagless/glitchless experience compared to Android OS (we'll see if this carries on to the new OS).

But my upgrade date and the madness my Droid 2 Global is driving me to may push me to get the S3 now and casually check out the BB10 phones next time around, should RIM be alive and kicking (and for the sake of diversity and competition in the smartphone market, I certainly hope so). They hurt themselves not being able to get the BB10 phones out in the Fall, honestly.

As indicated in my signature, I may get an iPhone, but Apple will have to work hard to bring me back. I gave my iPod Touch to my sister... I got so bored with Apple's OS... and flash is still needed for some websites.
    08-13-12 12:56 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD