yeah go get wallpapers.When they have full control of the OS im sure old school themes will be available.
    The tweak of adding the SuperBar to the home screens makes me love the Wallpaper Changer HD app!

*EDIT*
    Here's a screenshot example.
    Attachment 192392
    10-09-13 04:33 PM
    Me too. A little stale/boring... but please remove those shade boxes behind the apps. That's so 2005.

And i like how the cam, phone and search icons "float" at the bottom screen. I just wish we had that same visual for the bottom bar so it won't be a "bar" and the back, share, etc would just "float" too.

And i do also not like the naming of "buttons". By now we all know that < means back. Taking out the names and make the bars thinner in top and bottom bars will look better, as it will be more in line with the simplistic, modern look they are going for.

But I LOVE this OS more than anything in the world!!! BlackBerry Fan!

Posted via CB10
    On the Q10 and Q5 the buttons are not labeled to save screen space. Holding down on the button shows the labels above them.

I personally would rather have labels than not.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 04:39 PM
    are you frikkin kidding me! BB10 facelift? what more do you want Blackberry has had a Major face lift with Blackberry phones +OS and BB10 is the best yet and there's load more to come all in good time i say all in good time!
    Mack Gans and Tech Idiot like this.
    10-09-13 04:43 PM
    Do you mean the WP8 home screen with all the Live Tiles / coloured boxes?
    For my taste, I can't stand the look of it. Hate it on my PC with Win8 too. I get to the Desktop view as fast as I can.

If you mean other elements of the OS, I really couldn't comment as I just haven't had any real exposure to WP.

Not saying you're "wrong" to like it! We each have our own tastes obviously.
    Yea the live tiles and the entire os itself. Very visually appealing and refreshing compared to app grid after app grid.

Posted via CB10
    Elite1 likes this.
    10-09-13 05:48 PM
    The only thing I'd like to see changed is the browser icon. That cartoonish yellow arrow just bugs me.

I prefer the PlayBook icon for the browser. I had it as part of a BB7/PlayBook hybrid theme I had in my old Torch 9800.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 06:03 PM

Do you mean the WP8 home screen with all the Live Tiles / coloured boxes?
    For my taste, I can't stand the look of it. Hate it on my PC with Win8 too. I get to the Desktop view as fast as I can.
    Office topic: Totally agree with you, I really don't like Win8 either, much prefer Win7 Pro. My hubby's Dell Alienware came with Win8 and he just hated it, so being the geek I am, I installed the Classic Shell (beta) and customised it for him, so it looks exactly like Win7.

He's had it installed for several months now, and he loves it, it's been completely bug-free. They just released an official non-beta version, so give it a try if you really hate the Win8 UI, as much as we do. It's small, free and spyware/malware free.

http://www.classicshell.net/

Posted via CB10 on my sexy Q10
    Elite1 likes this.
    10-09-13 08:30 PM
    Office topic: Totally agree with you, I really don't like Win8 either, much prefer Win7 Pro. My hubby's Dell Alienware came with Win8 and he just hated it, so being the geek I am, I installed the Classic Shell (beta) and customised it for him, so it looks exactly like Win7.

He's had it installed for several months now, and he loves it, it's been completely bug-free. They just released an official non-beta version, so give it a try if you really hate the Win8 UI, as much as we do. It's small, free and spyware/malware free.

http://www.classicshell.net/

I'm talking about Windows Phone 8 people. They're similar but not exactly the same.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 09:42 PM
    I'm talking about Windows Phone 8 people. They're similar but not exactly the same.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I know. I was just replying to elite's strong dislike of Win8 on his desktop computer, and thought maybe he might like to try out some great software that emulates Win7.

Unbiased Tech likes this.
    10-09-13 09:51 PM
    It's conservative at the moment. I would love customization options in the future for sure!
    10-09-13 11:04 PM
    Wouldn't mind the option to change display fonts, other than that...

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 11:15 PM
    Doesn't need a face lift... it needs incremental changes and more user options and customization.

Posted via CB10
    SharonRD, Tech Idiot and Elite1 like this.
    10-09-13 11:34 PM
    Wouldn't mind the option to change display fonts, other than that...

Posted via CB10
    I like customising fonts. I'm more of a serif font person, instead of the roundy san-serif default.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 11:45 PM
    I've never really like the look. I hate the rounded corners. I think wp8 has the nicest UI out. I was hoping BlackBerry would try and look different, not the same as the others.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-13 06:32 AM
    I know a lot of people on this thread would be the first ones to get excited if at all BlackBerry decides to give BB10 a facelift by improving the colors and icons.
    devin266 likes this.
    10-10-13 06:50 AM
    I've never really like the look. I hate the rounded corners. I think wp8 has the nicest UI out. I was hoping BlackBerry would try and look different, not the same as the others.

Posted via CB10
    You mean the same as themselves.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-13 07:33 AM
    Yes, I know. I was just replying to elite's strong dislike of Win8 on his desktop computer, and thought maybe he might like to try out some great software that emulates Win7.

Yea I don't hate the Metro UI, i just dont use it because everything I do is in desktop mode. I have these two programs called Start8 and ModernMix which I think gives you the best of 7 and 8. With start 8 you can boot straight to desktop and with ModernMix you can run the Modern Ui apps in the desktop mode.Like this:
    Attached Thumbnails BB10 facelift?-modern.jpg  
    Elite1 likes this.
    10-10-13 12:42 PM
    Yea I don't hate the Metro UI, i just dont use it because everything I do is in desktop mode. I have these two programs called Start8 and ModernMix which I think gives you the best of 7 and 8. With start 8 you can boot straight to desktop and with ModernMix you can run the Modern Ui apps in the desktop mode.Like this:
    Very cool. I've checked out Start8 before (pretty much like Classic Shell), but not ModernMix. Hubby is old school and doesn't want anything to do with Win8. lol But when I do have a new pc with it (my Dell has Win7) pre-installed, I'll check out ModernMix. I'm a geek, so always up for trying out new software. Unless I decide to install Linux instead, which I really love.

10-10-13 01:07 PM
    Very cool. I've checked out Start8 before (pretty much like Classic Shell), but not ModernMix. Hubby is old school and doesn't want anything to do with Win8. lol But when I do have a new pc with it (my Dell has Win7) pre-installed, I'll check out ModernMix. I'm a geek, so always up for trying out new software. Unless I decide to install Linux instead, which I really love.

Yea I think I want to have Linux dual booted on here to check out. Play around with Linux, then switch to windows when I need to get some work done.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-13 02:04 PM
    I've gotten quite a few people interested in Linux Mint, since it closely resembles windows and is easy to use. My daughter loves it. Linux is awesome (and so many flavours to choose from), but I still need my Windows too.

Sorry for off-topic!

10-10-13 02:32 PM
44 12