So CrackBerry previously reported on RIM registering many BB10 related Domain Names back in September:

http://crackberry.com/rim-goes-domai...names-and-more

From that list, we have seen or heard knowledge on all - except 'FLICK' ? Does anyone have any ideas what this may be referring to in BB10?
    Also - N4BB.com reported back in March on 'BlackBerrySPIN.com' being registered.

http://n4bb.com/rim-buys-blackberry-...erry-10-phone/

Any conjecture there on app/hardware/service offerings related to BB10 ???

These could also be red herrings, or things that may never see the light of day I suppose. Either way - I am curious.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-30-12 10:27 AM
    So CrackBerry previously reported on RIM registering many BB10 related Domain Names back in September:

RIM goes on a domain buying spree, hints at BlackBerry 10 app names and features | CrackBerry.com

From that list, we have seen or heard knowledge on all - except 'FLICK' ? Does anyone have any ideas what this may be referring to in BB10?
    Also - N4BB.com reported back in March on 'BlackBerrySPIN.com' being registered.

RIM Buys 'BlackBerry Spin' Domain Name - Possible Name for BlackBerry 10 Phone? - N4BB

Any conjecture there on app/hardware/service offerings related to BB10 ???

These could also be red herrings, or things that may never see the light of day I suppose. Either way - I am curious.

At the minimal cost of scooping up domain names, I believe they simply bought up ones that may have had a use at some point as a "just in case" measure. Since they didn't know, firmly, what they would be calling features, whatever names they had brainstormed had been registered so that if need be, they would be there waiting.
    12-30-12 10:49 AM
    I'm under the assumption that the BlackBerry Flick domain is referring to the keyboard and method of input on the L-series. The user would literally 'flick' the words onto the screen as they show up above the letters. With regards to the BlackBerry Spin domain, I won't even attempt to speculate. Hopefully this is one of RIM's surprises left for launch. Only 30 days to go until everything is revealed and the speculation can end
    12-30-12 03:15 PM
    I'm under the assumption that the BlackBerry Flick domain is referring to the keyboard and method of input on the L-series. The user would literally 'flick' the words onto the screen as they show up above the letters.
    Good point - that could very much be the answer. I'll have to go watch some of the Vivek demo's again - and see if they are using that wording... Very well could be the case.

My conjecture on 'SPIN' was device related - so to release not a 'slider' phone, but one that pivots, ... or SPINS. So you can slide into portrait like a Torch, but also SPIN the display so you can have a portrait keyboard with a landscape display. I saw a good number of phones like this in Japan in 2006. Not sure if there would be build/hardware issues with that - but a reaching possibility anyways

12-30-12 09:06 PM