06-24-16 12:08 PM
32 12
tools
    I just saw this article on the iphone 7 concept...no home button visible, blah, blah, blah
    But how iOS10 will have this concept of swipe gestures. Fast forward when iOS10
    comes out...Apple will be hailed as coming up with this innovative and productive way to navigate the user
    interface on your phone...it makes me sick thinking about the articles and they haven't even been written yet!

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/is-this-w...103019372.html
    FF22 and TheAuthority like this.
    01-22-16 10:35 AM
    iOS has had various gestures since iOS 7 at least, maybe earlier. There've been rumours of the home button disappearing for 3 years or more.

The gestures aren't the same as BB10 gestures of course, but they have gestures to multitask, gestures to exit apps, gestures to fast-switch between apps.
    JeepBB likes this.
    01-22-16 10:39 AM
    But what about that revolutionary thumb scanning button that rocked the iPhone world when iPhone 6 was released? Is the revolutionary button going to be removed? Stay tuned...

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 12:36 PM
    Because of Apple pay, they've gone all in on the home button.

I can see it gone on iPods, though.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 03:11 PM
    They could move the fingerprint scanner to the back of the phone or incorporate it into the screen.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 03:22 PM
    iPhone will never have what I want most. An LED.
    StephanieMaks and BBRYQ10 like this.
    01-22-16 05:52 PM
    But what about that revolutionary thumb scanning button that rocked the iPhone world when iPhone 6 was released? Is the revolutionary button going to be removed? Stay tuned...

Posted via CB10
    Revolutionary? Motorola had it on the Atrix a few years before Apple.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport (OG Red)
    01-23-16 12:21 AM
    Im also waiting for true multitasking like they got on ipad pro. "We invented true multitasking on a mobile device. With the iFone 7 you can record a 4k Video while simultaneously downloading the latest ios 10.1 beta fix"
    01-23-16 02:12 AM
    Agreed!!

Q10 (SQN100-3 : 10.3.2.158), Passport (SQW-100 : 10.3.1.1779)
    01-23-16 07:54 AM
    i'll probably get an iphone 7 when it comes around (if they remain dedicated to true encryption without backdoors in the face of new legislation in California and New York). but the loss of the LED and PKB will be difficult. i just don't trust Google or Android.

Posted via CB10
    BBRYQ10 likes this.
    01-23-16 05:55 PM
    Hah no thanks.

I am not paying $1000 for a phone that will need its battery replaced for $100 after two years.

And I regularly use the micro SD card function in my BlackBerry phones.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-16 06:04 PM
    I've had an iPhone as a spare to my Berry up through iPhone 4s. I keep the 4s updated and is currently 9.2.1, as is my iPad2. But I'm not buying another unless there is either something so incredible that I can't live without it or that is the only choice.

They are way too expensive for my taste, and, the GUI has not really changed since the first iPhone came out. Sure, there have been tweaks and buffing here and there, but nothing major. Steve Jobs (RIP) stated that he never would ship an iPhone with a user's manual because his phone was so intuitive. Perhaps to some, but not to me. Without a BACK or MENU button on the hardware (like Droid), I am constantly searching for BACK and MENU buttons within EACH program, and every designer puts them somewhere else. Some cleverly hidden as if it's a riddle for us to find them.

If they add gestures to iOS10, fine, they need them despirately. But I'm not even going to consider a phone that approaches a mortgage payment just for the privilege of owning one.

However, and I've stated this in other threads, I want Apple to do VERY well. I may not be a fan, but they are the ONLY company that can help keep the Titan Google in check. Without Apple, it would be 100 percent Google-Ville, and that would NOT be a good thing for consumers.

As far as BB10 dying, that's crying wolf. BB07 has been dying for years, yet I still use a superb BB 9900 BRIDGED to a Playbook for my business line. I would not have it any other way. For my personal line, I have a BB10 device. I carry a new Android on another business line just in case I need the apps, and I don't. It's a waste of money. BB10 does 100 percent of what I need. I also BLEND my BB10 device to an iPad2, and that works incredibly well. Plus, I have access to iOS Apps on the iPad if I need them.

We've got many years of life left in BB10, and I plan to take advantage of every one of them.
    01-23-16 06:21 PM
    Hah no thanks.

I am not paying $1000 for a phone that will need its battery replaced for $100 after two years.
    I just replaced the battery of an iPhone 5S for my brother's girlfriend. It cost $6 and took 4 minutes. I'm not sure that should be your biggest concern.
    JeepBB likes this.
    01-24-16 01:22 AM
    Im also waiting for true multitasking like they got on ipad pro. "We invented true multitasking on a mobile device. With the iFone 7 you can record a 4k Video while simultaneously downloading the latest ios 10.1 beta fix"
    That's a bit rich for a company that has just released version 10.2.3456.4532198.
    01-24-16 02:51 AM
    I've had an iPhone as a spare to my Berry up through iPhone 4s. I keep the 4s updated and is currently 9.2.1, as is my iPad2. But I'm not buying another unless there is either something so incredible that I can't live without it or that is the only choice.

They are way too expensive for my taste, and, the GUI has not really changed since the first iPhone came out. Sure, there have been tweaks and buffing here and there, but nothing major. Steve Jobs (RIP) stated that he never would ship an iPhone with a user's manual because his phone was so intuitive. Perhaps to some, but not to me. Without a BACK or MENU button on the hardware (like Droid), I am constantly searching for BACK and MENU buttons within EACH program, and every designer puts them somewhere else. Some cleverly hidden as if it's a riddle for us to find them.

If they add gestures to iOS10, fine, they need them despirately. But I'm not even going to consider a phone that approaches a mortgage payment just for the privilege of owning one.

However, and I've stated this in other threads, I want Apple to do VERY well. I may not be a fan, but they are the ONLY company that can help keep the Titan Google in check. Without Apple, it would be 100 percent Google-Ville, and that would NOT be a good thing for consumers.

As far as BB10 dying, that's crying wolf. BB07 has been dying for years, yet I still use a superb BB 9900 BRIDGED to a Playbook for my business line. I would not have it any other way. For my personal line, I have a BB10 device. I carry a new Android on another business line just in case I need the apps, and I don't. It's a waste of money. BB10 does 100 percent of what I need. I also BLEND my BB10 device to an iPad2, and that works incredibly well. Plus, I have access to iOS Apps on the iPad if I need them.

We've got many years of life left in BB10, and I plan to take advantage of every one of them.
    With all those phones to keep track of do you get any work done? I would get even less done if I had more than one!
    Vistaus likes this.
    01-24-16 02:55 AM
    I just replaced the battery of an iPhone 5S for my brother's girlfriend. It cost $6 and took 4 minutes. I'm not sure that should be your biggest concern.
    Once you add in tools. It is more than that.

I am glad that you are talented with tools, but you cannot assume that others are like you.

I replaced batteries on my Z10 and my Q10 multiple times; it took seconds. So moving to an IPhone would be a downgrade.

Posted via CB10
    TheAuthority and Vistaus like this.
    01-24-16 10:39 AM
    I just saw this article on the iphone 7 concept...no home button visible, blah, blah, blah
    But how iOS10 will have this concept of swipe gestures. Fast forward when iOS10
    comes out...Apple will be hailed as coming up with this innovative and productive way to navigate the user
    interface on your phone...it makes me sick thinking about the articles and they haven't even been written yet!
    Wow. You need to acquire some perspective.
    01-24-16 10:44 AM
    Actually, it does have an LED.

Whether you need visible notification lights on your iPhone or just want them, the LED flash makes it possible.

Unlike some other phones, the iPhone doesn't include a dedicated notification light. The iPhone does, however, include an accessibility feature for the deaf and hearing impaired that uses the LED flash to provide a visible cue for incoming notifications. That's in addition the the usual vibrations already provided by the system. Whether you need LED notifications or just want them, once you enable the feature, all you have to do is leave your iPhone screen-down and in sight, and you won't just hear notifications come in you'll see them!

Yes, BlackBerry and Android switchers, this includes you!
    How to turn on the LED notification light on your iPhone | iMore
    01-24-16 11:07 AM
    Yeah, no. That is not a BlackBerry LED with different colors for different notifications.

No customization whatsoever.

And BlackBerry can utilize the camera flash too with Powertools notification app.

Posted via CB10
    TheAuthority and Vistaus like this.
    01-24-16 12:34 PM
    Can someone tell me how bb10 is dead or on its way

Posted via CB10. http://www.ibtimes.com/blackberry-ce...-works-2258546
    01-24-16 01:04 PM
    With all those phones to keep track of do you get any work done? I would get even less done if I had more than one!
    Fair question. Actually I run two very different businesses, so each business obviously has a separate line and thus a separate phone. My third phone is for my personal line that only my immediate family has the number for. The others are decommissioned but they are not worth selling so I dedicate them to WiFi music streaming.

By separating my businesses and my personal life, it makes me more productive, not less so. And I'm not Ari Gold. I don't walk around with two phones because I'm so important nor that busy. In fact, lately, I prefer not to walk around with a phone at all. As I get older and wiser, I want more time away from the electronic ball and chain.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-16 01:15 PM
    Once you add in tools. It is more than that.
    True. It cost $8 (delivered) for the package that included the necessary tools, but I saved the $2 by having them already.

I am glad that you are talented with tools, but you cannot assume that others are like you.
    Unless you have really bad eyes or shaky hands, almost anyone could do this. It might seem scary to some at first, but replacing the battery is quite simple.

I replaced batteries on my Z10 and my Q10 multiple times; it took seconds. So moving to an IPhone would be a downgrade.
    Yes, we all get that those phones are designed to have easily-replaceable (by the end-user) batteries, but even you yourself admitted that replacing a battery is something that really only needs to be done after 2+ years of regular use, and even if you had to pay someone to replace it for you, you'd only need to do that once to get 4+ years out of a device - and that's the device's usable life anyway, given software and OS advancements for any platform.
    01-24-16 07:04 PM

Yes, we all get that those phones are designed to have easily-replaceable (by the end-user) batteries, but even you yourself admitted that replacing a battery is something that really only needs to be done after 2+ years of regular use, and even if you had to pay someone to replace it for you, you'd only need to do that once to get 4+ years out of a device - and that's the device's usable life anyway, given software and OS advancements for any platform.
    Getting two years out of a battery is the best case scenario, but batteries can fail sooner than that.

At the end of the day, the battery starts aging even if it is just sitting in a shelf not being used. The battery capacity constantly decreases everyday, which is why I have replaced batteries on my BlackBerry phones multiple times to get the maximal battery life possible even within the mentioned two years.

The battery is a disposable part in a phone that needs to be easily replaceable. And this is where I do not agree with the philosophy of Apple.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-16 09:00 PM
    Hehe, iPhone will never have what I want most. Long battery life!

01-25-16 06:19 AM
    Getting two years out of a battery is the best case scenario
    Do you have evidence (actual evidence, not anecdotal) that all phone batteries become unusable within two years? Because that claim is more than a little ridiculous.
    01-25-16 07:01 AM
32 12