My boss, who has probably 100 phones for employees swears by Droid 4. He did get me the Q10 - but only after much begging.

So I keep telling him how much better my Q is but every time I say "my Q can do this" He says "so can my Droid". Since I have never used a Droid I am hoping a Droid user, or anyone familiar with its OS and capabilities can give me some ammunition to convince him BB10's are what he should upgrade all his employees to.

Really need things that BB10's can do that for sure Droids cant - hope there are some things like that.
    08-27-13 07:10 PM
    bbm lol

time shift camera maybe and the hub. There are some things like the keyboard but he would also have swype and swiftkey which are very good and unique too
    08-27-13 07:13 PM
    Emails, bbm

Posted via CB10 on Z10 OS 10.2
    08-27-13 07:15 PM
    Blackberry hub is awesome, and there is nothing on android like it. BB10's multitasking is the best, androids doesn't even come close. BlackBerries security is unbeatable, droids are easily hacked. I could go on and on.
    08-27-13 07:18 PM
    Don't forget about the ability to separate personal files and apps from work ones.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 07:44 PM
    bbm lol

time shift camera maybe and the hub. There are some things like the keyboard but he would also have swype and swiftkey which are very good and unique too

what is swiftkey? Some of his people would probably want the Z10 - which is good too from what I read here. Hub is great - I gotta make him think it is too LOL

Thanks!
    08-27-13 07:50 PM
    Even though I have had a BB since 2007 I am new to BBM - What makes BBM better than just sending SMS?
    08-27-13 07:53 PM
    Don't forget about the ability to separate personal files and apps from work ones.

Posted via CB10
    Is this an extra paid service? Any idea how much?
    08-27-13 07:54 PM
    Storymaker, remote file share without a third party app, Remember, android sideloading, BBM screen share, and the hands down the best one handed typing keyboard any where, Z or Q

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 featuring BBM Channel C0002FE04
    moody likes this.
    08-27-13 07:57 PM

Posted via CB10
    This is only on BES which i doubt they have
    08-27-13 08:08 PM
    what is swiftkey? Some of his people would probably want the Z10 - which is good too from what I read here. Hub is great - I gotta make him think it is too LOL

Thanks!
    Swiftkey is an android keyboard that is what BB used for the base of their keyboard. Its really good and for me right there next to the keyboard on the Z in awesomeness
    08-27-13 08:09 PM
    This is only on BES which i doubt they have
    And I know nothing about BES to know if I should recommend it to him
    08-27-13 08:09 PM
    And I know nothing about BES to know if I should recommend it to him
    BES stands for the BlackBerry Enterprise Service, which is BlackBerry's own Mobile Device Manager (MDM) software. If your company manages the various mobile phones with a server product, then that is your MDM solution and they probably won't want to deploy the BlackBerry version as well.

If you don't have something managing your company's mobile phones, then you are probably just using ActiveSync to connect to your corporate email and really aren't getting any value of device management and integration that an MDM solution provides, and your phones are just providing standard mailbox services (email/calendaring/contacts/etc).

That being said BlackBerry Balance that you get with the BES 10 infrastructure (the server software is free BTW, there are only licenses for each device hooked up to it) is amazing. Check out the video under the Balance section:
    BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 - BES 10 - Mobile Device Management - US
    Using Balance I can switch to my Work side, fire up the free Work Drives app, and access my home directory on my phone securely because it is all connected through the BES.
    Along with the Balance integration, I can have my work and personal data on a single phone where the data is kept separate and secure, but I can view it all through the Hub in a single view if I want to. That's something other MDM solutions really don't do well, using the native email/calendaring/contacts/etc apps on the phone to show both personal and work data in a single cohesive view.

I will dare say BlackBerry's BES 10 infrastructure combined with the Balance feature of BB 10 devices is the single best MDM solution out there for BlackBerry 10 devices.

While I have no experience with a Droid 4 to compare it with BB 10 device, there is a list of 50 great things someone created recently where a few things may pop out at you that the Droid can't do:
    50 reasons a BlackBerry Z10 is a great buy | CrackBerry.com

The bottom line though is if your boss loves the Droid 4, the only way to get him to change his mind is to get him to use one for a week or so. He will probably point out there are no where near the same amount apps for the BB, and then you should show him how to side-load Android apps on his phone which should shut him up on that point. :-)
    moody and caltrmptguy86 like this.
    08-27-13 08:24 PM
    My boss, who has probably 100 phones for employees swears by Droid 4. He did get me the Q10 - but only after much begging.

So I keep telling him how much better my Q is but every time I say "my Q can do this" He says "so can my Droid". Since I have never used a Droid I am hoping a Droid user, or anyone familiar with its OS and capabilities can give me some ammunition to convince him BB10's are what he should upgrade all his employees to.

Really need things that BB10's can do that for sure Droids cant - hope there are some things like that.
    The key difference is that BlackBerry has far more frequent software updates for security and to fix outstanding issues. Most Android devices receive very infrequent software updates if any. From a security standards perspective, BlackBerry is a better choice. Remember the master key vulnerability issue for Android is unresolved on most Android devices due to carrier inaction.
    08-27-13 08:49 PM
    Swiftkey is an android keyboard that is what BB used for the base of their keyboard. Its really good and for me right there next to the keyboard on the Z in awesomeness
    Would be awesome to get Swiftkey on BB10. As an alt keyboard.
    Incredible "typing" experience, damn fast and accurate.
    08-27-13 08:51 PM
    Make the boss uses Z10/Q10. Make very nice power point presentation and present to him while he is at home and you are at your place. Show him the power of video sharing from anywhere any places. This feature Balance between Work and Private plus Screen Sharing alone can beat his DROID easy.
    moody likes this.
    08-27-13 09:10 PM
    These replies are AWESOME!! I may print them out and hand them to him. He would def utilize a LOT of these features. Right now he has everyone sync with Google calendars, etc. Everyone but me, b/c I am not gonna sync my stuff with anyone - that and I am the only employee at one of his companies - (He has 4) so I can get by with that. But his other companies everyone has to sync.
    08-27-13 09:19 PM
    Even though I have had a BB since 2007 I am new to BBM - What makes BBM better than just sending SMS?
    For people that didn't have unlimited texting or picture messaging BBM was great because it allowed you to send unlimited messages or pictures for free.

Additionally you could tell when the thing was read or if. The message was secure and it included a social aspect as you had a profile and could add people easily to groups.

It's made communication for example the night my niece was born easy for us to spread the news with our family internationally without extra cost. Also uploading our new nieces pictures as our BBM pictures our family could see her instantly.

Lol that night BlackBerry should have paid us to film.

Posted via CB10
    moody likes this.
    08-27-13 10:42 PM