Do you think bb10 devices will drop in price after june when whatsapp will end the support?

Posted via CB10
    04-14-17 03:24 AM
    The assumes retailers even know or care that WhatsApp is gone in June, so uhh, no. Any drops in pricing will come from the devices simply getting older and retailers wanting to move whatever remaining stock they have so they're not hanging onto old equipment / inventory.
    04-14-17 03:40 AM
    Yes I know that but there will be more bb10 devices on the market because people are jumping away from this sinking ship and losing whatsapp has been the last nail for coffin for some people. I think these reasons will drop the price.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-17 04:41 AM
    Already BB10 devices are used for Stepney.... giving kids for playing....totally waste... shame shame 'Chen ,shame

Posted via CB10
    04-14-17 05:21 AM
    I think many of you overestimate the affect of Whatsapp. Most of the world does not use it, even if you do. I have literally one person one Whatsapp contact - Luca the guy from BlackBerry - and I have chatted with him maybe 10 times in the last year.

Losing Whatsapp isn't going to do anything for the availability or price of BB10 devices, up or down.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-17 06:46 AM
    Whatsapp currently has about 1.2 billion user around the world and the number is rising. In some parts of the world whatsapp isn't popular but some countries are depending on it such as Germany and many more. This is why many people will give up bb10 because it isn't productive communication device any more.
    There is also apk version for whatsapp but we don't know how and how long it will work after this june. There is also people who aren't blackberry fanatics and don't know about this solution.
    Messaging app line also pulled the trigger and announced to end support for bb10.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-17 07:36 AM
    There may be trends, but it comes down to individual needs. I know no one who uses BBM, Facebook Messenger, or WhatsApp. All my contacts use email or text.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.2205
    04-14-17 10:23 AM
    WhatsApp is only one of many messengers in the US, and many don't even use a messenger since almost everyone has unlimited SMS. But in many parts of the world, WhatsApp is at the center of their mobile experience, being used for virtually all messaging, both business and personal. In those places, a phone that can't run WhatsApp is pointless.

The point is, everyone's experience is local, and doesn't necessarily represent the whole world.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    04-14-17 12:16 PM
    Do you think bb10 devices will drop in price after june when whatsapp will end the support?

Posted via CB10
    What BB10 devices?

They have been out of production for a long time, and even ShopBlackberry doesn't have any left.
    04-14-17 12:25 PM
    I think many of you overestimate the affect of Whatsapp. Most of the world does not use it, even if you do. I have literally one person one Whatsapp contact - Luca the guy from BlackBerry - and I have chatted with him maybe 10 times in the last year.

Losing Whatsapp isn't going to do anything for the availability or price of BB10 devices, up or down.

Posted via CB10
    Lol! Most? More like 9/10 use it. Among 1.5+ billion smartphone users, around 1.2+ billion use it. Just because you are 1 among those few couple of millions, doesn't mean you can give your opinion about all the users.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-17 12:27 PM
    Sorry that I didn't make this clear in the beginning, im talking about used phone market and resellers who still have phones in stock.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-17 12:31 PM
    Check out this page if you think BB10 prices will drop. Pretty crazy.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=cMKcjZJv

Edit: I see the new crackberry likes to rape and modify links posted now.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-17 12:42 PM
    I recently bought a used Q10 for 30 Euros including a second battery. I saw a Z10 and a Q5 for roughly 15 Euros each. You can even get a Z30 for 50 and a Passport from 150 all in decent condition. So, prices are quite low already.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-17 12:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    This is correct.

Q10 (SQN100-3 : 10.3.3), Passport (SQW-100 : 10.3.3.1463)
    04-14-17 02:27 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes, BB10 devices' price will go further down. While WhatsApp might not be the only factor but certainly would be one of many in developing countries (India and Indonesia still hold a greater number of bb users).

However, one should note that even when WhatsApp worked the prices went down. Like Q10 which launched at about 45,000INR in India, is now listed at Amazon.in for just about 10,000INR (how more you expect it to fall? Anyway on buy-sell web sites like olx.in, people are selling it as cheap as 4000INR).

To put it simple, when Demand goes down, price goes down whatever may be the reason in fall of demand. And yes, BB10 devices will be less attractive without WhatsApp adding to the absence of other popular apps such as Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.
    04-14-17 03:04 PM
    The assumes retailers even know or care that WhatsApp is gone in June, so uhh, no. Any drops in pricing will come from the devices simply getting older and retailers wanting to move whatever remaining stock they have so they're not hanging onto old equipment / inventory.
    Other than eBay, what retailers still have BB10 devices to sell?
    04-14-17 06:36 PM
    Other than eBay, what retailers still have BB10 devices to sell?
    Lots of them..

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...UvbUpU12837264
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=JEOs8LHT
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B011DJN5K8...UvbUpU12837264

Should I go on or is having two of the top US retailers still having some enough? lol.
    04-14-17 07:08 PM
    Edit: I see the new crackberry likes to rape and modify links posted now.
    That's been in effect for months, not new oh wise one.
    04-14-17 07:12 PM
    Holy cripes thanks.

This might be a stretch but do you know if the phone's bhphoto carry are new as in they'll come with 10.1 or 10.2.1 out of the box for the pre-passport devices?

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    04-14-17 08:14 PM
    This might be a stretch but do you know if the phone's bhphoto carry are new as in they'll come with 10.1 or 10.2.1 out of the box for the pre-passport devices?
    I don't know what they would come loaded with. Suppose it would depend on how long the stock has been there of course. In the case of a Z30 though, probably a GOOD chance.
    04-14-17 08:15 PM
    Lol! Most? More like 9/10 use it. Among 1.5+ billion smartphone users, around 1.2+ billion use it. Just because you are 1 among those few couple of millions, doesn't mean you can give your opinion about all the users.

Posted via CB10
    I did give my opinion. It's an accurate opinion, by the way; Whatsapp would not drop support for BB10 if the users were enough. There clearly enough, and Whatsapp has made the sound business decision to stop support. You can dislike that, but it doesn't make less true.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-17 04:20 AM
    Yes I know that but there will be more bb10 devices on the market because people are jumping away from this sinking ship and losing whatsapp has been the last nail for coffin for some people. I think these reasons will drop the price.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, but for other people, it's just 'one more' nail in the coffin. The 'last one' is kind of a running joke. BB10 is going to be 'dead' for a very long time before it's gone. That's just the way it is. For some people that need the things that are getting pulled out of BB10, they will find other platforms to use.

For many others, BB10 is no different from a legacy device with upgraded hardware and a better browsing experience. Apps could disappear from it altogether and it wouldn't be the proverbial 'last nail' for them. It will still do what they need it to do.

Sidenote: have you seen a coffin lately? They really don't nail them shut anymore and haven't for quite a long time. I estimate that when the expression "last nail in the coffin" is used for the very last time, there will still be BB10 users.
    04-15-17 05:57 AM
    I don't think those two go hand in hand.

I personally don't use WhatsApp, but i can understand the frustration of the app being pulled. Hopefully the android version works for those users until they decide to switch their device or until they don't support the runtime anymore.
    04-15-17 10:31 PM
    I don't think those two go hand in hand.

I personally don't use WhatsApp, but i can understand the frustration of the app being pulled. Hopefully the android version works for those users until they decide to switch their device or until they don't support the runtime anymore.
    It's the WhatsApp on Hub which everyone is gonna miss! If going in and out of an app everytime we get a text, was what we needed, we would have jumped ship already.
    I'm gonna miss the hub, swipe gesture and multitasking a lot.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-17 10:36 PM
    I did give my opinion. It's an accurate opinion, by the way; Whatsapp would not drop support for BB10 if the users were enough. There clearly enough, and Whatsapp has made the sound business decision to stop support. You can dislike that, but it doesn't make less true.

Posted via CB10
    True for 1/10 users.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-17 10:37 PM
27 12