"Reuters reports that around 200 hardware and design staff have been laid off, following the completion of work on an Android device codenamed "Venice". Its the latest in a succession of resource reallocations."

And:

"A major commitment for BlackBerry would entail updating the Qt-based Cascades libraries essential for native BB development, since BB10s libraries are based on a version of Qt so old that its no longer supported. But theres no indication of such a commitment, and its debatable whether BlackBerry has the capacity to fulfil it any more."

Looks like with the switch to android BlackBerry is burying BB10 development for good...

I didn't know that Cascades was already out of date. Wonder what will happen to my Passport and my mums Q10 now if BlackBerry goes full android soon.

Posted via CB10
    sati01 and RezzaBuh like this.
    09-25-15 06:38 AM
    BB10 now is like 'The Walking Dead'...

If BlackBerry Priv will be successful than any devices lunched by BlackBerry, someone or somebody will put bullet on head of BB10...

It's pure business... nothing personal...

Posted via CB10
    sati01 likes this.
    09-25-15 06:56 AM
    Bulls..t:
    While the new device will provide a choice in OS to new and existing customers, the company remains committed to the BlackBerry 10 operating system, which enables industry-leading security and productivity benefits. Second, the company will continue to develop and enhance the BlackBerry 10 operating system and is confirming plans to release platform updates focused on security and privacy enhancements, with version 10.3.3 scheduled to be available in March 2016.

 Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast 
    09-25-15 06:59 AM
    Yup 10.3.3 in March 2016. By then it will only be a glorified flip phone or chocolate bar. Why? Native apps are not getting updated, Android apps quit working cause an update now requires G-play services, then the Cobalt G-play has to be reloaded & apps patched.... for chrissakes, why bother. Just get a flip phone & be done with it. It's the ultimate secured device. No OS to get hacked. Last flip phone I had, had camera, texting, email.
    09-25-15 07:42 AM
    Good lord you guys are a ray of sunshine and lollipops around here! It's a phone!

What should really matter is that an iconic Canadian Company is not doing well. And people's lives are being affected.

I love BB10 because it make me feel different from everyone else who has stock Android or iOS. But if BB10 can't pull it's weight and I believe we know the answer to that now, then change is inevitable. On the bright side, BlackBerry is still giving us a device option with a suite of BB10 services and that to me.....is appreciated.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    09-25-15 09:56 AM
    Already discussed, multiple times - http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...sence-1039396/
    09-25-15 10:00 AM