I'm trying to build a BB10 app. I'm an experienced web developer. I started with jQuery and the BB10 theme, which gives me something that looks like a BB10 app, but doesn't really work. I can't figure out how to request data dynamically - when I inject it into the page with JSONP, the back button no longer works the right way. I can't find a really good tutorial on BB10 development, because the Hello World in the BB docs is really just a landing page, not a functional, interactive app.

Does anyone know a good place to start with dynamically fetched data in a BB10 app? This is my first time building for Blackberry in any way, please be gentle!

Thanks,

Adam
    11-19-12 08:58 AM
    11-19-12 09:22 AM
    Thank you, that's certainly something. I don't see really good WebWorks documentation, JQ BB10 Theme documentation, or even good old HTML docs on Blackberry's site. The BBM example site doesn't work in Ripple on Chrome - the Register button does nothing, so... alas, no luck.

I'm pretty disappointed that this is the scene for development of the new platform. My app "works", in that the data is fetched and injected, but it's not even close to a useable app. Bummer.
    11-19-12 09:59 AM
    I wish I could help more, but I am a Cascades Dev are you on twitter because there is a few people from RIM or other Webworks developers you could ask and if you have a BlackBerry there is a webworks BBM group
    sethadam1 likes this.
    11-19-12 10:36 AM
    I wish I could help more, but I am a Cascades Dev are you on twitter because there is a few people from RIM or other Webworks developers you could ask and if you have a BlackBerry there is a webworks BBM group
    I am. I just sent a message to @JasondScott. I'm hoping to find somewhere to step through how to build an app where you're dynamically inserting data. Thank you!
    11-19-12 10:56 AM
    Here are a few on twitter that I know work with webworks
    @AshNazir
    @blackberryluca
    @ddluk

you could also try @asaunders or @BlackBerryDevif you don't know how else to ask
    11-19-12 02:58 PM