I believe they need a built in equalizer and an easier/more fluid music player. I know it's a phone built for productivity rather than entertainment but MP3 players are pretty much dead.. everyone simply uses their phones for music players. I believe that the camera and music player are some of the most used aspects of smart phones nowadays.

A new music player should definitely be a top priority in 10.3. Especially if it includes an equalizer. My iPhone actually sounded better than my Berry simply because I could choose a different music type so that the music didn't sound so flat.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 11:04 AM
    I agree wholeheartedly.

Why they'd offer an inferior music player in bb10 as opposed to legacy OS is an absolute shocker.

Things are still being worked on, though, and we continue to see improvement, so let's hope the music player will be amped up soon.
    Mecca EL, mirren, Creaulx and 1 others like this.
    02-06-14 11:11 AM
    I believe they need a built in equalizer and an easier/more fluid music player. I know it's a phone built for productivity rather than entertainment but MP3 players are pretty much dead.. everyone simply uses their phones for music players. I believe that the camera and music player are some of the most used aspects of smart phones nowadays.

A new music player should definitely be a top priority in 10.3. Especially if it includes an equalizer. My iPhone actually sounded better than my Berry simply because I could choose a different music type so that the music didn't sound so flat.

Posted via CB10
    I agree with you 100%. This is why I purchased Neutron music player. I highly recommend it but will be nice to not have to buy apps just to cover a major feature like EQ missing from the native media .

Visit my BBM Channel C000E96F6
    02-06-14 11:13 AM
    If music is that important to you then buy the Neutron music player, it is truly incredible, much much more than just an equalizer. You won't believe the sound quality you can get out of you BB10 device.
    02-06-14 11:38 AM
    If you add an equaliser and more intensive sound processing to a music app you make it use more power. BlackBerry 10 Standard music app gives good sound and will play music for several hours without worry of battery drain.
    I also use nuetron but avoid using it if I'm going to be away from power source all day.
    ruhban and eldrover like this.
    02-06-14 11:41 AM
    If you add an equaliser and more intensive sound processing to a music app you make it use more power. .
    True, but if you're concerned about that you could simply turn off the EQ and extra features.

Or plug it in to DC when in the car, etc...

Neutron has some nice audio features, but a horrid UI and navigation and I can't seem to find a way (if it even can) for it to load up the playlists I sync'd to the native media player.
    aminrajabi, Taede and mirren like this.
    02-06-14 11:56 AM
    Agree on Neutron. I don't think a new player should be a priority, nor do I think BB should try to compete for the average entertainment consumer.
    02-06-14 12:27 PM
    nor do I think BB should try to compete for the average entertainment consumer.
    If you want BB10 to be a successful product then it needs to compete with successful products for consumers.

BlackBerry is in the position they're in because they failed to do just that. They need to up their offering.
    02-06-14 12:49 PM
    Agree on Neutron. I don't think a new player should be a priority, nor do I think BB should try to compete for the average entertainment consumer.
    What i'm trying to get at is that it's not the average ENTERTAINMENT user. It's the average consumer. MP3 players are dead and people with smartphones use them as their primary music player. It's a part of everyone's life if they listen to music digitally.

Posted via CB10
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    02-06-14 12:52 PM
    That's kinda my point. They can't go after the average consumer. And there are already good apps for this anyway.
    What i'm trying to get at is that it's not the average ENTERTAINMENT user. It's the average consumer. MP3 players are dead and people with smartphones use them as their primary music player. It's a part of everyone's life if they listen to music digitally.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 12:54 PM
    If you want BB10 to be a successful product then it needs to compete with successful products for consumers.

BlackBerry is in the position they're in because they failed to do just that. They need to up their offering.
    And I agree with this. Only so many BlackBerry users are only office associates who only care about productivity. And even if they are then once they leave work they want the entertainment aspect of a smartphone. A smartphone is utterly underutilized if you can only text, email, and browse the web. This is why the app gap was such a big priority for BlackBerry.

Once again, I believe that BlackBerry should keep going the way they are but the camera and music player should be the strongest aspects of a smartphone.

Posted via CB10
    fanatical likes this.
    02-06-14 12:55 PM
    That's kinda my point. They can't go after the average consumer. And there are already good apps for this anyway.
    There is only 1.. and I personally think it's overly complicated.

Apple did it extremely well. The music player was simple and easy to read/understand/navigate. It had no complicated/obnoxious equalizer with flashy colors. It had an option for music style in the settings which had preset sound options... that's it. simple as that.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 12:57 PM
    That would spell the end of the company. The strongest aspects? Please.
    Once again, I believe that BlackBerry should keep going the way they are but the camera and music player should be the strongest aspects of a smartphone.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 01:10 PM
    That would spell the end of the company. The strongest aspects? Please.
    Did you read that post at all? BlackBerry should keep going the way they are. Which means keep focusing on enterprise but currently the the only things lacking in their smart phones are the camera and music player. We have just as good screens as most if not all high end smart phones, the quality of our phones surpasses most, the chips in them aren't the most powerful but they are good enough for bb10, our battery life destroys other phones, etc. I've had my Q10 for almost a year and the only thing I miss from my iPhone is the camera and music player. Other than that I believe my Q10 is superior. Now next time you reply to a comment you should read the entire comment and make sure you understand it first.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 01:16 PM
    Agree. Most consumers are fickle when it comes to smart phones.
    Not being able to adjust your music "perfectly" is irritating enough to be a deal breaker.
    Think of the amount of time you spend listening to music vs any other function.
    Being know as the "Best" music player would be a significant selling point for Blackberry.
    Creaulx likes this.
    02-06-14 01:22 PM
    I guess a better way I could have said it was that I believe that BlackBerry officials/engineers over thought the camera and music aspect of smart phones. How many apps solely rely on the camera? Instagram (iGrann), SnapChat (Snap2Chat), vine (Whine), etc. And people barely even use real compact cameras anymore. They rely solely on their smartphone and the Q10 camera doesn't even compare to the camera on my iPhone 4S which is like 3 years older than the Q10.

And like I said, smart phones are taking the place of mp3 players so the music aspect of them should be of higher priority than previously thought.

Posted via CB10
    fanatical likes this.
    02-06-14 01:24 PM
    Agree. Most consumers are fickle when it comes to smart phones.
    Not being able to adjust your music "perfectly" is irritating enough to be a deal breaker.
    Think of the amount of time you spend listening to music vs any other function.
    Being know as the "Best" music player would be a significant selling point for Blackberry.
    I only brought this up because I work at BestBuy and recently bought some high end Bowers and Wilkins headphones and they honestly don't sound very good at all with my Berry.. I might actually return them simply because I can't even enjoy them because my BlackBerry doesn't support high quality music.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 01:26 PM
    all i want is rdio... i need it badly... hate using the forte.fm site and the android app not working... ugh
    rameok likes this.
    02-06-14 02:03 PM
    all i want is rdio... i need it badly... hate using the forte.fm site and the android app not working... ugh
    A radio? Update to 10.2.1! And if you're talking about the app rdio you should still update to 10.2.1 and just download the rdio app!

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 02:43 PM
    I'm all for better sound but I disagree that MP3 (or any source) players are dead. My phone is not my primary music player and camera. It supplements my normal gadgets for those purposes when I don't have them handy. First of all, smart phones can not compete with a normal camera for quality. Second, I want my phone's battery available for communications via voice, text, social media, etc.
    02-06-14 02:49 PM
    BB10 is in its infancy. There is no doubt that the music player and camera software need work. Anyone who says they don't are IMHO not being realistic. It need not be the top priority. And it has to this point not been. BB has done several major releases this year. 10.0, 10.1, 10.2 and 10.2.1. Now 10.3 is due out and it is rumored that among many other things BB will add to the music and camera software. Face focus, panorama mode, EQ, landscape mode for music app, some form of album flow, etc..

BB has for the first time in many years begun to show that they are listening and focused on getting better. Myself and many long time users and observers have for the first time since the release of the 9500, developed a real sense of optimism.

Patience. I believe the necessary changes are coming.

As for Neutron - well, it's a hot mess. It certainly provides a great deal of post processing EQ, but it is cumbersome and limited. It is also my hope that when BB announces the new flagship, they will have recovered to the point where they no longer cheap out on the DAC. The Z10 and Z30 received the lowest possible DAC for their chipsets.
    02-06-14 03:09 PM
    I'm all for better sound but I disagree that MP3 (or any source) players are dead. My phone is not my primary music player and camera. It supplements my normal gadgets for those purposes when I don't have them handy. First of all, smart phones can not compete with a normal camera for quality. Second, I want my phone's battery available for communications via voice, text, social media, etc.
    I understand and I admit I jumped the gun but within 5 years I believe that MP3 players will be dead and as will cameras. It hasn't happened yet but it is coming. Maybe with the exception of a DSLR since obviously a smartphone can't compete with that

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 03:10 PM
    I agree

Z10 STL100-1 on Official10.2.1.1925
    02-06-14 03:12 PM
    BB10 is in its infancy. There is no doubt that the music player and camera software need work. Anyone who says they don't are IMHO not being realistic. It need not be the top priority. And it has to this point not been. BB has done several major releases this year. 10.0, 10.1, 10.2 and 10.2.1. Now 10.3 is due out and it is rumored that among many other things BB will add to the music and camera software. Face focus, panorama mode, EQ, landscape mode for music app, some form of album flow, etc..

BB has for the first time in many years begun to show that they are listening and focused on getting better. Myself and many long time users and observers have for the first time since the release of the 9500, developed a real sense of optimism.

Patience. I believe the necessary changes are coming.

As for Neutron - well, it's a hot mess. It certainly provides a great deal of post processing EQ, but it is cumbersome and limited. It is also my hope that when BB announces the new flagship, they will have recovered to the point where they no longer cheap out on the DAC. The Z10 and Z30 received the lowest possible DAC for their chipsets.
    I hope 10.3 addresses these issues! I can't wait to see what's in store for 10.3. I think John Chen knows what he's doing so I know BlackBerry will be fine. I just need something in the meantime and Neutron doesn't look worth the $5 to me.

But by the way what's a DAC? i'm not familiar with whatever it is..

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 03:27 PM
    I bought neutron but with it jot being a native bb10 app and the fact it's so feature packed makes me tend to go back to the native app. I wish the native app would give you a list open with no photos. I don't care for photos and work better by artist and album names.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 03:31 PM
143 123 ...