That logic might work (not) but MSFT forced their free upgrade down people's throats.

Posted via CB10
    You've lost all sense of humor.

No, I don't agree. MSFT forced a lot of people to upgrade to Windows 10 in a free upgrade.

My understanding is that Blend and Link have trouble running on the new windows OS. If it's just a tiny fraction of Windows 10 users on a rare species of Windows 10 that can't use Link/Blend then I suppose it's less a big deal.

Keep in mind their best potential Android customers (if they care) are current bb10 users. If the brand is going to live on in ANY form it's best that they don't alienate their most loyal users.

Posted via CB10
    There is no Blend for Android. Their commitment for the faithful is security, and for that they have maintained their reputation.
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    01-17-17 10:28 PM
    Is BB10 dead? Let me know whether I should move on from bb10 and choose android.

Posted via CB10
    It's complicated. You will need to follow these steps exactly to determine if BB10 is dead. DO NOT skip a step, it could be dangerous

1) Does your phone still turn on?
    2) Try calling your best mate. Did it work?
    3) Send an SMS to your drinking buddy. Did they receive the message or are they too drunk?
    4) Click on the Browser. Did it open? Go to Google.com and search for "Blackberry 10". Did any results come up?
    5) Bring up The Assistant (try press and hold Mute button). Ask her on a date. Did she respond?
    6) Click on the Camera. Go ahead, don't be shy, take a picture of yourself with your favourite phone. Did it work?
    7) Open up Music, play your favourite song. Do you feel better now?
    8) Last step, very important. We need to check your streaming video! Try this: . Did it work?

If you answered Yes to the above questions then Congratulations! BlackBerry 10 is not dead!

Posted via CB10
    qmishery likes this.
    01-17-17 10:34 PM
    For the most part, it, and Link, do work. They just aren't officially supported on Windows 10 Anniversary Ed.
    Since when has "officially" ever been taken seriously here at CB.

Not to be contrary and having omitted the "official,"
    Windows Defender ( found in the Control Panel) is Enabled by default.
    When the install window for Link and it comes up, it says (officially) to disable antivirus/security software before installing.....

Don't know why... just felt compelled to add that!

(why do I have the feeling I should probably just delete this.....)
    01-17-17 10:48 PM
    There is no Blend for Android. Their commitment for the faithful is security, and for that they have maintained their reputation.
    I'd have to agree with Wulf on this. There isn't even a 'B' IN Android. Or an L or an E.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-17-17 11:02 PM
    If it's just a tiny fraction of Windows 10 users on a rare species of Windows 10 that can't use Link/Blend then I suppose it's less a big deal.
    Like I said, a tempest in a teacup.

Keep in mind their best potential Android customers (if they care) are current bb10 users.
    BlackBerry is out of hardware now and even if they weren't, I'm not sure that would be true.

If the brand is going to live on in ANY form it's best that they don't alienate their most loyal users.
    I think that ship has sailed.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-17-17 11:04 PM
    I think that ship has sailed.
    If here is any indication, their "most loyal users" are inherently unable to be satisfied, since nothing has been "just right" for them for the past several years. Flexibility and accommodation makes way for whining and butthurt.
    01-17-17 11:07 PM
    I think BB10 is dead to all the snapchatters and candycrushers (gamers).

It alive and vibrant to all the communicators.

It's dead to a close minded Whastapper

It's alive to a BBM'er

My opinion!

Posted via CB10
    01-18-17 10:33 AM

It's alive to a BBM'er

My opinion!

Posted via CB10
    There's probably more people who think Elvis is still alive than BB10.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    01-18-17 11:03 AM
    There's probably more people who think Elvis is still alive than BB10.
    There's probably more people who think Elvis is still alive than KNEW that BB10 ever existed lol.
    01-18-17 11:10 AM

It's alive to a BBM'er

My opinion!

Posted via CB10
    The tired, old, insulting refrain that the only conceivable use of apps is to Snapchat, WhatsApp, or play games.

Infuriating.
    01-18-17 02:18 PM
    The tired, old, insulting refrain that the only conceivable use of apps is to Snapchat, WhatsApp, or play games.

Infuriating.
    Especially enjoyable, seeing how that sentiment was posted with the help of an app.
    01-18-17 02:59 PM
    Especially enjoyable, seeing how that sentiment was posted with the help of an app.
    I don't need any apps!

Ronindan likes this.
    01-18-17 03:13 PM

Infuriating.
    The best part was using "closed minded" in a tirade of condescension.
    Troy Tiscareno and Ronindan like this.
    01-18-17 03:56 PM
    Tools, not toys.
    01-18-17 04:33 PM
    Tools, not toys.
    Ha!

That and the enthusiast-generated "BB10: better Android than Android" were my favorite tech catchphrases of all time.
    01-18-17 04:47 PM
    mine's working 100%.

Posted via CBX
    01-18-17 06:32 PM
    mine's working 100%.

Posted via CBX
    For some, it does. Nothing wrong with that.
    01-18-17 07:01 PM
    ...it does, it does...

Posted via CB10
    01-18-17 07:41 PM
    It's on life support. Only getting a measly update to 10.3.3.2163. Sooner than later will it be in the coffin. Acknowledged.

Still suits me though. Nothing wrong with using a device that makes me feel at home.

Until they're pretty much useless devices at every single task, I'll hold the fort on my BB10 devices and my interest in them.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Q5
    01-18-17 09:34 PM
    It seems that 10.3.3 put my Passport on the deathbed because I can't send and receive work emails properly, unless an update fixes it:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1097649

Might have to go back to 10.3.2 on my spare Z10 and keep my BB10 experience alive as my employer has not yet transitioned to Android.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-17 09:51 PM
    It all depends on what you want to do with it. if you primarily email and text, it can handle that. If you want the latest and greatest apps, move on.

I compare it to a flip phone. Are flips really dead? Not entirely extinct, but hardly anyone uses them. That's what BB10 is unfortunately.

It physically pained me to write that sentence.

Seriously.
    I understand that it was painful.

I love BlackBerry like the next person (own them since the 7100t) but are some of us in denial about the BB10 OS usefulness in 2017? Also, like many, I too use the Google Play Store but we all know it's far from ideal (based on needs). As a primary device, can we really live with those limitations?

For those who say "I don't need all those extra apps," are they REALLY taking advantage of technologies that make life more productive and enjoyable?

I think BB10 BlackBerry's makes a great secondary device for someone who wants to use their BB10 BlackBerry but knows they have an Android BlackBerry or iPhone around! Am I wrong?

Posted via my BlackBerry Classic
    Uzi and BigBadWulf like this.
    01-18-17 10:56 PM
    I understand that it was painful.

I love BlackBerry like the next person (own them since the 7100t) but are some of us in denial about the BB10 OS usefulness in 2017? Also, like many, I too use the Google Play Store but we all know it's far from ideal (based on needs). As a primary device, can we really live with those limitations?

For those who say "I don't need all those extra apps," are they REALLY taking advantage of technologies that make life more productive and enjoyable?

I think BB10 BlackBerry's makes a great secondary device for someone who wants to use their BB10 BlackBerry but knows they have an Android BlackBerry or iPhone around! Am I wrong?

Posted via my BlackBerry Classic
    Well said.

Posted via CB10
    JDayEnt1 likes this.
    01-18-17 10:57 PM
    I guess I need someone to tell me what it is that I will need to do on an Android phone or iPhone that I don't do on my Passport.

I never used siri or google now when I had it, mostly cause I don't like people hearing what I'm doing. I never used it in the car either cause it was bad with names.

I think smart watches are stupid. We have enough tech distracting us if someone keeps looking at their notifications on their watch when I'm speaking to them I will walk away.

Let me know why it's so imperative that we understand BB10 is dead and can't be a smartphone anymore like Android or iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-17 01:48 AM
    If here is any indication, their "most loyal users" are inherently unable to be satisfied, since nothing has been "just right" for them for the past several years. Flexibility and accommodation makes way for whining and butthurt.
    OMG thank you. This is absolutely true.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-17 02:09 AM
    I think in totally different categories

1) For many people the app gap doesn't exist on BB10.
    These people are happy with the OS and don't understand what the problem is.
    Unfortunately, they are typically called "delusional" on CB.

2) For some people the app gap exists only in the private space or only in the work space.
    These people typically carry two phones (one privat, one for work) and are typically called being in a bargain phase or anything else stupid.

3) For many people the app gap exists in work space and private space
    They have left BB10 for very good and understandable reasons, and are now trying to convice people from 1) and 2) that they are delusional.

What most people of 3) obviously don't get is:
    People don't carry a phone for any sentimental reasons.
    If someone doesn't want to leave BB10, then it's only because the person is still happy with the features of the phone.

It is exactly the same reason, why 80% of the global market in 2013 didn't want to try BB10.
    People didn't want to leave their comfort zones with Android or iOS, they didn't want to try something new.

BB10 users today are in exactly the same situation: My OS is secure and does what I want. Why should I leave?
    Last edited by Superdupont 2_0; 01-19-17 at 03:52 AM.
    BigBadWulf and qmishery like this.
    01-19-17 03:08 AM
157 ... 23456 ...