You don't think "support" includes updating the software? Blend maybe is excusable but not updating Link for new Windows and Mac is not. I would have no idea of this non support until after I bought a bb10 device (unless I studied Crackberry).

Posted via CB10
    People can either research before dropping $400 or more on a piece of electronics or they can suffer buyer's remorse afterwards. If one wants software updates, both on their phone and on the auxiliary software, they buy an iphone. It's the top brand because it's a safe bet and meets almost everyone's needs.

When Blackberry has already dropped developer support and has stopped making BB10 phones for over a year, and is pushing Android heavily, it shouldn't be so hard to read between the lines and decipher what "we support BB10" means.
    01-16-17 05:21 AM
    You guys delude yourselves. When people buy new phones they expect that the manufacturer is keeping it functional or it would make a disclaimer at the time of sale. Also, Chen knows that there are millions of loyal users on BB10 phones they bought in the last 2 years. BlackBerry had a reputation like Apple. People expect it to stand behind its products for more than two years.

Posted via CB10
    Heh, the people who see the truth for what it is are delusional? My goodness, most cell phone sales are cheap Android devices that NEVER see an update. Not OS, not security, not anything. Buyers of those phones expect nothing more than it working when they buy it. They get the few apps they love most off Google Play store and use the thing until it gets outdated (said apps no longer work or the limited storage gets full), then sell it on Craigslist and buy a newer phone. That's how it really works. Kitkat and Lollipop are still the top 2 Android versions.

The "millions of loyal BB10 users" (I'd love to see factual numbers on that claim) want Android app selection and Apple support levels, but didn't spend their money on either.
    01-16-17 05:29 AM
    MI6/Q would never issue outdated gadgets to 007.
    Touche

Posted via CB10
    01-16-17 05:39 AM
    Heh, the people who see the truth for what it is are delusional? My goodness, most cell phone sales are cheap Android devices that NEVER see an update. Not OS, not security, not anything. Buyers of those phones expect nothing more than it working when they buy it. They get the few apps they love most off Google Play store and use the thing until it gets outdated (said apps no longer work or the limited storage gets full), then sell it on Craigslist and buy a newer phone. That's how it really works. Kitkat and Lollipop are still the top 2 Android versions.

The "millions of loyal BB10 users" (I'd love to see factual numbers on that claim) want Android app selection and Apple support levels, but didn't spend their money on either.
    Yes, delusional. Should I expect the device to do what BlackBerry claims it will do on its own website? Here is what it says about Blend as of today's date if you're shopping for a BB10 device:

"The power of BlackBerry now on your computer and tablet

On any given day, you move between devices to accomplish various tasks. BlackBerry® Blend brings messaging and content that’s on your BlackBerry to your computer and tablet.3 Access your work and personal messages, notifications, documents, calendar, contacts and media in real time on whatever device you are on."

No mention that if you have an updated PC or Mac this probably will not work. Does not seem very honest to me. Chen wants it both ways: he wants to sell off his inventory but he does not want to keep up the software on the products.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-17 11:18 PM
    Chen wants it both ways: he wants to sell off his inventory but he does not want to keep up the software on the products.

Posted via CB10
    I think this is a much lower level / administrivia issue. Some middle manager somewhere should be changing the wording on a couple of Web pages.
    01-16-17 11:39 PM
    I think this is a much lower level / administrivia issue. Some middle manager somewhere should be changing the wording on a couple of Web pages.
    Even presuming you are correct that this is a mere slip up (which does not speak highly of them), upper management should be careful about what the company communicates to consumers as it stops support... (cough)... updating BB10. It could be the product of an overzealous middle manager under pressure to move the rest of the BB10 devices but it all starts from the top. I don't see the same reference to Link so maybe they removed that.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-17 12:26 AM
    Rockin a Z30 and a Q5. Will be looking forward to the "Mercury". For now, my iPad + BlackBerry Android runtime will suffice.

Posted via the awesome  BlackBerry Z30 on 10.3.2.2876
    01-17-17 03:08 AM
    Yes it's dead, but each one is free to choose. If I'm happy with BB10 why no use it?

Posted via my Passport!
    01-17-17 03:14 AM
    Yes, delusional. Should I expect the device to do what BlackBerry claims it will do on its own website? Here is what it says about Blend as of today's date if you're shopping for a BB10 device:

On any given day, you move between devices to accomplish various tasks. BlackBerry® Blend brings messaging and content that’s on your BlackBerry to your computer and tablet.3 Access your work and personal messages, notifications, documents, calendar, contacts and media in real time on whatever device you are on."

No mention that if you have an updated PC or Mac this probably will not work. Does not seem very honest to me. Chen wants it both ways: he wants to sell off his inventory but he does not want to keep up the software on the products.

Posted via CB10
    OK so BlackBerry needs to update its website. Submit a trouble ticket to them if it offends you so much. You think a CEO micromanages every iota of a large company? He'd be the only employee at BlackBerry if that was the case. I'm pretty sure my CEO isn't aware that the organizational page for my department still lists a few people who retired last year. Shame on him! He's a LIAR and should be fired immediately!

Or, conversely, I could just email the webmaster and tell him to update it. Except I don't care enough to lose sleep or complain on the Internet about it.

Blackberry Poptart SE - Cricket Wireless
    Last edited by kvndoom; 01-17-17 at 06:01 AM.
    01-17-17 05:48 AM
    OK so BlackBerry needs to update its website. Submit a trouble ticket to them if it offends you so much. You think a CEO micromanages every iota of a large company? He'd be the only employee at BlackBerry if that was the case. I'm pretty sure my CEO isn't aware that the organizational page for my department still lists a few people who retired last year. Shame on him! He's a LIAR and should be fired immediately!

Or, conversely, I could just email the webmaster and tell him to update it. Except I don't care enough to lose sleep or complain on the Internet about it.

Blackberry Poptart SE - Cricket Wireless
    Sure, large companies deceiving consumers on their own websites for months (what month was Blend non supported in?) is not a big deal. The old BlackBerry before Chen might have made the same mistake. Whatever you say.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-17 01:15 PM
    Dead? Not as long as it serves my phone, email and text needs in a secure environment. Do you really need more games from a phone?

Posted via CB10
    01-17-17 01:27 PM
    If BlackBerry Blend does not work then BlackBerry needs to fix this right smartly.
    I have to agree with markmall this time.
    01-17-17 03:34 PM
    BlackBerry Blend does not work then BlackBerry needs to fix this right smartly.
    I think you meant to say Blackberry Link????
    01-17-17 03:36 PM
    If BlackBerry Blend does not work then BlackBerry needs to fix this right smartly.
    I have to agree with markmall this time.
    For the most part, it, and Link, do work. They just aren't officially supported on Windows 10 Anniversary Ed.
    Last edited by conite; 01-17-17 at 05:02 PM.
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    01-17-17 03:42 PM
    I think you meant to say Blackberry Link????

This text describes Blend, no?
    Maybe I'm confused.
    Help me out.
    01-17-17 03:46 PM
    For the most part, it and Link, do work. They just aren't officially supported on Windows 10 Anniversary Ed.
    OK, so a tempest in a teacup.
    Last edited by DrBoomBotz; 01-17-17 at 04:18 PM.
    01-17-17 03:47 PM
    Dead or alive is in the eye of the beholder ............

Posted via CB10
    01-17-17 04:39 PM
    Dead or alive is in the eye of the beholder ............

Posted via CB10
    It's dead, Jim.
    01-17-17 04:40 PM
    Now that's the most original idea I've heard in these CB forums ever.
    Now being that 'Pants' are an entirely new platform regarding all thing mobile I suppose we could match styles to devices like they match every type of plaid to golf.
    ( just having to wear plaid to play golf is enough to keep me from ever playing.)
    Now Bowling... That's a real mans sport!

So, I can see a Bond..... James Bond style of wear with The Passport. ( The Z10 hidden perfectly just above the ankle in the inner left leg!)

Attachment 415864

Wake up the webmaster and the designers.
    It's time we added a Line of Clothes to the Nation At Crackberry!!
    To add to the fun, we already have a clothing brand, over here in Delhi, named 'Blackberrys'. And it's only formals, for the men. One of the top brands in town.
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    01-17-17 05:28 PM

This text describes Blend, no?
    Maybe I'm confused.
    Help me out.
    Ah, sorry. I thought you were referring to software that is "required" to keep BB10 going. Blend has been EOL'ed as we all know but Link is really an integral piece of software needed to backup and reinstall to factory settings. In this regard, Blend probably should not be considered as essential like Link would be. I, perhaps wrongly, thought you meant to say Link.
    01-17-17 06:22 PM
    OK, so a tempest in a teacup.
    So someone finally agrees with me and then backs down at the slightest challenge?

Posted via CB10
    01-17-17 09:50 PM
    So someone finally agrees with me and then backs down at the slightest challenge?

Posted via CB10
    I believe conite's explanation.
    Don't you?
    01-17-17 09:57 PM
    Maybe they just expect, if you're buying a 2y/o phone, you're using a 2y/o Microsoft product?
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    01-17-17 10:11 PM
    I believe conite's explanation.
    Don't you?
    No, I don't agree. MSFT forced a lot of people to upgrade to Windows 10 in a free upgrade.

My understanding is that Blend and Link have trouble running on the new windows OS. If it's just a tiny fraction of Windows 10 users on a rare species of Windows 10 that can't use Link/Blend then I suppose it's less a big deal.

Keep in mind their best potential Android customers (if they care) are current bb10 users. If the brand is going to live on in ANY form it's best that they don't alienate their most loyal users.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-17 10:21 PM
    Maybe they just expect, if you're buying a 2y/o phone, you're using a 2y/o Microsoft product?
    That logic might work (not) but MSFT forced their free upgrade down people's throats.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-17 10:22 PM
157 12345 ...