yes BB10 dead because nothing works on it i have passport and can not enter facebook app this is final bullet for BB10 she dead
    Your definition of "nothing works" is far from the truth. If by "nothing works" you are speaking about Facebook, then the solution is to get rid of facebook and then everything will work for you.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    David Tyler and dmlis like this.
    01-15-17 05:46 AM
    Strange thing, I use bb10 and go into facebook perfectly and quickly
    01-15-17 06:39 AM
    how about with Whatsapp android on blackberry 10? long life or not

Posted via CB10
    01-15-17 06:58 AM
    Sure, Im using android whatsapp and it works fine.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-17 07:27 AM
    OP, you, and only you can answer the question as only you know what will satisfy your needs.

There are many, like me, who think BB10 and, in my case the Q, are perfect. There are others, misguided as they are, note that is a joke, who select another phone.

You must do what is right for you.
    David Tyler likes this.
    01-15-17 07:53 AM
    BB10 is as dead as you want it to be. Pick the level of deadness you like. There will be people who agree with you and who can suggest a path forward at that level of dead.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.3.2163
    01-15-17 08:04 AM
    There's more to life missing on BB10 than Snapchat. A lot more.

Dickies...
    Tools, not toys
    Yes, but not much that really matters. At least not to me. Cheers!

Q10 (SQN100-3 : 10.3.2.158), Passport (SQW-100 : 10.3.2.2474)
    01-15-17 08:53 AM
    Almost. It's on life support.

Respect My Autoritah!
    01-15-17 08:56 AM
    Is BB10 dead? Let me know whether I should move on from bb10 and choose android.

Posted via CB10
    It is what it is, but it is a testament to the OS that it still runs almost everything thrown at it. If you like it run with it until it stops. If you need the latest and the fastest than move on.
    01-15-17 10:45 AM
    i have Garmin Fenix 3 watch and after many tries to connect i am done but i can not read messages from my watch because garmin connect does not work for BB10, second i have 2010 BMW 535 and connect via Bluetooth to passport was dilemma after many tries i can not connect to car and don't works. i have small business in my country i live in Georgia (not US Georgia) have a Gamer Club and bought on amazon Amcrest camera for live view and Amcrest app does not support BB10 and install amcrest.apk but it does not work only work amcrest cloude app that cost 5$ for month that you can see live view of camera.
    and finally after upgrade 10.3.3 OS facebook app not works anymore
    i loved my passport silver edition i have it more then year but i think now this is only phone without any apps
    after all of this why would say that BB10 are good?
    01-15-17 01:48 PM
    Your definition of "nothing works" is far from the truth. If by "nothing works" you are speaking about Facebook, then the solution is to get rid of facebook and then everything will work for you.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    i have Garmin Fenix 3 watch and after many tries to connect i am done but i can not read messages from my watch because garmin connect does not work for BB10, second i have 2010 BMW 535 and connect via Bluetooth to passport was dilemma after many tries i can not connect to car and don't works. i have small business in my country i live in Georgia (not US Georgia) have a Gamer Club and bought on amazon Amcrest camera for live view and Amcrest app does not support BB10 and install amcrest.apk but it does not work only work amcrest cloude app that cost 5$ for month that you can see live view of camera.
    and finally after upgrade 10.3.3 OS facebook app not works anymore
    i loved my passport silver edition i have it more then year but i think now this is only phone without any apps
    after all of this why would say that BB10 are good?
    01-15-17 01:49 PM
    BB10 will live on!

Posted via CB10
    How?!
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    01-15-17 04:04 PM
    There are some diehards that refuse to let go. But if you choose to continue you need to understand that:

• Support is diminishing
    • There will be no new features added
    • The Android run time will not be updated
    • App support is going to get worse, far worse

There is nothing you or any of the diehards can do to change this.
    Dead on! I rock an iPhone as my primary but keep a Z30 and Classic nostalgia purposes. I put my sim in my Classic periodically when I miss it. Other than that, I use my BlackBerry for email and BBM and light browsing.

Go to Android BlackBerry cause that's the evolution for BlackBerry going forward.

Posted via my BlackBerry Classic
    01-15-17 04:39 PM
    Show me the palm of your hand so that I can read your future. I sense much distress in front of you. Watch your step

Posted via CB10
    01-15-17 05:57 PM
    According to John Chen, blackberry fully stands behind and supports BB10. Therefore, you only have to decide whether or not John Chen is a liar.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-17 06:12 PM
    According to John Chen, blackberry fully stands behind and supports BB10. Therefore, you only have to decide whether or not John Chen is a liar.

Posted via CB10
    I think one only has to decide what is meant by "support".
    BigBadWulf and DrBoomBotz like this.
    01-15-17 06:27 PM
    I think one only has to decide what is meant by "support".
    Indeed. For how many BlackBerry OS iterations has a desktop manager been a part of the user experience? Every one going back about 20 years.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-17 06:35 PM
    It all depends on what you want to do with it. if you primarily email and text, it can handle that. If you want the latest and greatest apps, move on.

I compare it to a flip phone. Are flips really dead? Not entirely extinct, but hardly anyone uses them. That's what BB10 is unfortunately.

It physically pained me to write that sentence.

Seriously.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-15-17 07:38 PM

Posted via CB10
    If your BB10 phone can be replaced under warranty then it is still supported. And it just got an OS update to boot, even phones that are long out of warranty.

The expectations of many on this forum are ridiculous.

Blackberry Poptart SE - Cricket Wireless
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-15-17 07:49 PM
    If your BB10 phone can be replaced under warranty then it is still supported. And it just got an OS update to boot, even phones that are long out of warranty.

The expectations of many on this forum are ridiculous.

Blackberry Poptart SE - Cricket Wireless
    You don't think "support" includes updating the software? Blend maybe is excusable but not updating Link for new Windows and Mac is not. I would have no idea of this non support until after I bought a bb10 device (unless I studied Crackberry).

Posted via CB10
    01-15-17 09:19 PM
    You don't think "support" includes updating the software? Blend maybe is excusable but not updating Link for new Windows and Mac is not. I would have no idea of this non support until after I bought a bb10 device (unless I studied Crackberry).

Posted via CB10
    Most people probably wouldn't know of Link at all, but how many would expect much support on a phone >2yrs old anyway?
    01-15-17 09:35 PM
    Most people probably wouldn't know of Link at all, but how many would expect much support on a phone >2yrs old anyway?
    You guys delude yourselves. When people buy new phones they expect that the manufacturer is keeping it functional or it would make a disclaimer at the time of sale. Also, Chen knows that there are millions of loyal users on BB10 phones they bought in the last 2 years. BlackBerry had a reputation like Apple. People expect it to stand behind its products for more than two years.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-17 10:14 PM
    You can't answer this question without defining "dead."

• Does "dead" mean "ecosystem support"? If so, BB10 has been dead since the end of 2013.
    • Does "dead" mean "no further hardware releases"? If so, then BB10 has been dead since spring-2014.
    • Does "dead" mean "no ongoing development of the OS, developer tools, APIs, Android Runtime, etc."? If so, then BB10 has been dead since mid-2014.
    • Does "dead" mean "no updates to key support apps & services (Link, Blend, etc.)"? If so, then BB10 has been dead for 6-9 months.
    • Does "dead" mean "no more security updates to the OS", "no new replacement phones", or "when BB announces EOL"? If so, then BB10 will likely remain "alive" until the middle of this year, maybe even into fall (my own estimate based on trends and my own analysis - I have no inside information).
    • Does "dead" mean "when the last BB10 device no longer turns on"? If so, then BB10 could live on another decade.

If you can't agree on a definition, it's pointless to really discuss it much, because you'll just have people arguing semantics.
    01-15-17 10:27 PM
    You guys delude yourselves. When people buy new phones they expect that the manufacturer is keeping it functional or it would make a disclaimer at the time of sale. Also, Chen knows that there are millions of loyal users on BB10 phones they bought in the last 2 years. BlackBerry had a reputation like Apple. People expect it to stand behind its products for more than two years.

Posted via CB10
    The phones are functional, and will remain so well into the future. Most users, even while wishing for a resurgence, understand there's little to look forward to. BlackBerry's reputation wilted so many years ago, BB10 never stood a chance of success.

Delusional indeed
    01-15-17 10:39 PM
    As an ex q10 user, it certainly seems that way.

BlackBerry 10 is still a very advanced os, but that's just not good enough in this day and age.
    01-16-17 12:56 AM
157 1234 ...