Just going through the forums, cant really find a definitive answer to this question, however I am trying to figure out if I will need a BlackBerry specific plan for BB10, or just a regular plan. It is quite clear, BB10 does not operate on a BIS any longer, therefore it would seem to me that any plan would work, however others mention the NOC, and BBM having to travel through BlackBerry infrastructure. Seems like my carrier (Bell Canada) has removed any BlackBerry specific plans as well. Hope someone can clear this up for me.

Also if people could comment on how their data usage has changed on BB10 as opposed to older BB models that would be helpful.
    04-24-13 10:09 AM
    Bell (and their reseller Virgin Mobile) were the only carriers in Canada that required a BlackBerry data plan. I'll pop my Virgin SIM in my Z10 and let you know. ...

So the APN still comes up blackberry.net on my unlocked Z10 running 10.0.10, and it isn't editable. My experience says this won't work, and sure enough the carrier connection comes up as 3g not 3G (or better still 4G) with the and no BB symbol unless I turn on Wi-Fi.

On my Dev Alpha C running 10.1.0 the APN comes up the same, but I am able to edit it to pda.bell.ca and it works fine.

Based on this I would say that Bell hasn't changed anything, but when 10.1 comes out for the Z10, and for Q10 owners it may be moot if the production release of 10.1 still allows the APN to be edited.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Richard Buckley; 04-24-13 at 04:31 PM.
    vagos2006 likes this.
    04-24-13 04:21 PM
    I used to have a bold 9900 and I had a 200mb data plan. I never went over and I used quite a bit. Now on my z10 I have a 1gb data plan and I'm averaging about 650 - 850mb per month. And I connect to wifi whenever possible. I tell you this thing eats data for breakfast, lunch and devours it for dinner. I really have to watch how I use my z10 because I might go over. I can't see anyone with less than 1gb making it through a month. My wife who barely uses her phone uses 580mb a month. So yes the z10 uses more data than BIS. Data is no longer compressed. Also with the Z10, you are always using the darn thing because you can't put it down so naturally you will use more data even if you don't want to. Good luck and make sure you have a data plan ready for that hungry z10.

I'm with Rogers by the way. Good luck.

Posted via CB10 from my Awesome Z10
    04-24-13 04:32 PM
    I am new to the data world but this month with data used several days exclusively as I was out of wifi range, I am at 480 megs. I use wifi when I can but still have a hard time using up my 5 gig plan to any extent
    04-24-13 04:57 PM