Apologies if this one has been done before, or if I'm just missing something totally obvious ...

I'd like to exclude landline numbers from the text (SMS) options in my Contacts. Currently, with my Q10 when I try to fast text, it is all too easy to send a message to a landline rather than the mobile.
    For some contacts I have several numbers assigned to text - I'd prefer to have the mobile number only as an option. Can I do this, or perhaps make contacts select the mobile number by default? I have >500 contacts so would really prefer a global change.

BB10 Contacts: Text mobile numbers only-contaxts_text_20140929.jpg
    09-29-14 06:42 AM
    I unfortunately don't know of anyway to make the landline numbers not appear. I think you need to make the choice each time by checking the icon next to the number
    09-29-14 08:22 AM
    At the risk of creating a zombie thread, has anyone seen a way to deal with this in later versions? A lot of time has passed since 9/2014.
    01-21-16 12:58 PM
    Quite a few landline operators nowadays support texting from and to the landline handsets.
    There are also a few "landline" solutions by mobile operators where your landline handset is actually a mobile phone but the SIM card in it only works within the few cells around your home address.

And also some work phone numbers are actually mobiles.

These somewhat blur the difference between mobile and land line so the mobile phone designers could have decided it is just not worth implementing the feature you mentioned.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-16 01:39 PM
    Quite a few landline operators nowadays support texting from and to the landline handsets.
    There are also a few "landline" solutions by mobile operators where your landline handset is actually a mobile phone but the SIM card in it only works within the few cells around your home address.

And also some work phone numbers are actually mobiles.

These somewhat blur the difference between mobile and land line so the mobile phone designers could have decided it is just not worth implementing the feature you mentioned.

Posted via CB10
    Sure, but I really like tunable parameters, and you never know if you don't ask.
    01-21-16 04:03 PM
    Sure, but I really like tunable parameters, and you never know if you don't ask.
    I am all for tunable parameters as well - the more the better.
    Sadly we don't always get them.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-16 05:31 PM