Hello,

What's the easiest and most reliable method for my father to back up his many contacts stored within his q10?

He's happily using his hardy q10 with an otterbox at work - and does not plan to stop unless it's totally destroyed or lost.

Note: I'll have to explain these instructions to him over the phone.

Thanks in advance!
    12-22-19 11:44 AM
    Hello,

What's the easiest and most reliable method for my father to back up his many contacts stored within his q10?

He's happily using his hardy q10 with an otterbox at work - and does not plan to stop unless it's totally destroyed or lost.

Note: I'll have to explain these instructions to him over the phone.

Thanks in advance!
    He should sync them with outlook.com. Create an account, then add it to the device. Then transfer the contacts from "local" to "outlook".
    12-22-19 11:47 AM
    Or sync them to Google. Either way, when it comes time to switch phones, merely logging into the account will allow all contacts to be synced to the new phone.
    12-22-19 12:27 PM
    Or sync them to Google. Either way, when it comes time to switch phones, merely logging into the account will allow all contacts to be synced to the new phone.
    Google requires some additional acrobatics on BB10 now, so I figured outlook would be easier for "dad".
    12-22-19 05:08 PM
    thanks guys for the help!

so, I've created and added an outlook email account into the bb10 hub.

how do I proceed to 'sync' them with outlook?

I'm also logged into the outlook email account on my desktop, and don't see the contacts appearing there.

(and to think, I used to sell and set these bb10 phones up for customers, way back at glentel)
    12-25-19 03:18 PM
    thanks guys for the help!

so, I've created and added an outlook email account into the bb10 hub.

how do I proceed to 'sync' them with outlook?

I'm also logged into the outlook email account on my desktop, and don't see the contacts appearing there.

(and to think, I used to sell and set these bb10 phones up for customers, way back at glentel)
    Go to the contacts app, select your contacts, then select "copy to".
    12-25-19 05:43 PM
    thanks again for the reply. Merry Christmas btw!!

ok, so I see the contacts (the few that I copied) in the phone as under the outlook account.

though, when I log into outlook.com and click on contacts, there are non appearing.
    12-25-19 11:56 PM
    thanks again for the reply. Merry Christmas btw!!

ok, so I see the contacts (the few that I copied) in the phone as under the outlook account.

though, when I log into outlook.com and click on contacts, there are non appearing.
    You need to give it time to sync.

Btw, you don't need to do them one at a time, as you can select multiple contacts.
    12-26-19 12:12 AM
    thanks conite, still no contacts appearing on outlook.com. I do see contacts in the 'outlook' account in the contacts app.

what could be the issue?

anyway to export the contacts to the microSD card? even saving them to the SIM didn't work.
    12-30-19 11:54 AM
    thanks conite, still no contacts appearing on outlook.com. I do see contacts in the 'outlook' account in the contacts app.

what could be the issue?

anyway to export the contacts to the microSD card? even saving them to the SIM didn't work.
    Go to Settings > Accounts > select the contacts account. What is the sync interval set at?
    12-30-19 12:54 PM
    Hello all,

under: settings>accounts>outlook>advanced>SyncTimeFrame is set to 1 day. Sync Interval is greyed out to Manual.

Don't know whats going on! Still no contacts appearing in the outlook.com account.

Any other suggestions?

Much appreciated!
    01-03-20 12:40 PM