Has anyone else seen the "bug" where your contact's change after you have chosen one?

For my contacts that have multiple links, I choose a particular picture pulled down from the link source, (FB, LinkedIn, etc.) but after a random amount of time it reverts back to, I guess, a default picture. It is annoying. Some of them are low res versions of the other, but it seems to revert to the low res pics that were connected to my contacts from my 9900.

How can I force BB10 to display only the picture I choose? Or better yet how can I delete those old low res pics?

Posted via CB10
    Rayysai likes this.
    05-30-13 05:53 PM
    I assigned pictures to all my main contacts when I re did the phone book, only about half of them kept the picture. Don't know why...

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 08:34 PM
    I've had this issue in the past, seems to be a bug in the Contacts app that BlackBerry will have to fix. Having said that, I haven't experienced it in the latest leaked OS, so it's possible that they may have fixed it.
    05-30-13 08:38 PM
    I have had this exact issue.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 08:53 PM
    I experienced this as well.

Posted via CB10 / Z10 / 10.1.0.273
    05-31-13 02:26 AM
    It might be because when you linked contacts, you liked fb and say twitter with the local (sim) contact so when you change the pic it defaults back to the social one
    When u go to contacts and somebody check under their link section and see if the local contacts in first before the social

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 05:48 AM
    It might be because when you linked contacts, you liked fb and say twitter with the local (sim) contact so when you change the pic it defaults back to the social one
    When u go to contacts and somebody check under their link section and see if the local contacts in first before the social

Posted via CB10
    I don't understand what you are saying we should do. I checked my contacts and Facebook is listed in the settings before my personal contacts, but there doesn't appear to be a way to reader them as the accounts are listed alphabetically.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 06:00 AM
    If you click a contact a contact and go to where you would link them does it look like this
    BB10 contacts pictures change back after I choose one-img_00000139.png

With the local contact first or does it have fb or twitter first?

Posted via CB10
    HotFix likes this.
    05-31-13 06:18 AM
    If you click a contact a contact and go to where you would link them does it look like this
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000139.png 
Views:	893 
Size:	85.9 KB 
ID:	167016

Posted via CB10
    I had never gone that deep so thank you for providing the details.

For me the personal contact is listed before Facebook, but the Facebook picture is shown over the personal picture, but I haven't tried to change the pictures yet.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 06:31 AM
    Duplicate post, mods delete please
    05-31-13 06:33 AM
    Within the contact editing you can see al pics saved/ used for that contact. You can just delete all but one.
    05-31-13 01:59 PM
    I *think* that if you use a social network contact as the main contact with other contacts (local, sim, ActiveSync) linked to it, the picture will always revert back to that main social network contact picture. I am not able to edit any information, including the photo, for a contact where the social network contact is first.

I suggest unlinking all the linked contacts, then start with your local (or ActiveSync) contact and link the social network contacts from there so that when you view the links for that contact you see the local contact first and then the social contacts under it.
    05-31-13 08:03 PM
    Sorry, this is exactly what I was trying to say in my post. Your linked contacts should look just like this screen shot, the order of them, in order to be able to edit.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000139.png 
Views:	893 
Size:	85.9 KB 
ID:	167016

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 08:06 PM
    As for me, the Facebook pictures just don't show up at all...

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 04:36 AM
    Has anyone figured this out? My 'Local Contact' is first yet the picture always reverts back to a Twitter account picture. Which Twitter was the last account that I linked to the contact. When I delete a picture even from the contact, that picture gets added back, I assume when the accounts sync automatically, and reverts back to the Twitter picture.

Very frustrating as it leaves no point to choose pictures. Any thoughts?
    07-13-13 11:07 AM
    I have a lot of issues with this also. And particular issues with a couple of specific contacts continuously splitting apart. It happens across my Mac, Google contacts and BlackBerry 10 as well.

One thing that seems to spark it (I'll need to do more investigation) is when a contact is linked with a social media account, like Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn. All of my devices individually do this, but when they sync together, it appears they don't all do it the same way. And pictures tend to change around. Doesn't happen to me with contacts not linked to a social account.

Also have an issue where I can't get linkedin accounts to display photos at all anymore.
    07-13-13 11:24 AM
    Yep. Having this issue too now and it is just ANNOYING. What's the point in having the option of linking them and choosing the picture if it will just go back to square one after a few days or hours? Ugh :-(

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 03:05 PM
    Thanks to BlackBerry OS 10.2.0.1047 leak, the Contact Photo issue has been solved beatifully. The display images are now crispy.

This release has many other improvements such as full radio support, lockscreen previews, android app player improvements and much more. Leaked BlackBerry OS 10.2.0.1047 is for all BlackBerry 10 devices:

Leaked BlackBerry OS 10.2.0.1047 for all BlackBerry 10 devices | CrackBerry.com
    EarthyBerry likes this.
    08-03-13 10:43 AM
    I'm still on 10.1.0.4181 so no fix for me.
    I have selected some favorite contacts that show up on the top of my contacts list as well as in the phone "app". A few of them have better pictures on facebook than linkedin and i'd like to show the facebook photo. I click the photo, then choose from the available photos of the respective contact (facebook, linkedin, etc). After a while, the photo changes back to whatever BB10 wants. The order of the links in the contact link area does not matter as I tried un-linking and linking back in the reverse order in order to make it have a specific order but it still chooses its own order so it doesn't matter.
    Waitin for 10.2, but that's a long time from now.
    08-14-13 08:26 AM
    I have noticed that I can now open and edit a contact and delete all of their pictures except the one I want. I am not sure if that is OS version dependent or not. Try it out.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 01:36 PM
    Are you on 10.1 or 10.2 leak? And are you sure that a few minutes after deleting that it doesn't reappear ?

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 01:39 PM
    Are you on 10.1 or 10.2 leak? And are you sure that a few minutes after deleting that it doesn't reappear ?

Posted via CB10
    I am on a 10.1 leak. (Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.4537)

They don't seem to be re-appearing so far...

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 01:49 PM
    for me is happen the same even if im in the 10.2.1...
    the other weird thing is.. i delete all the picture from the contact leaving only the one i choose from the sd (cause the one from fb look horrible when they call) but know when u see the in the main list is not showing any picture...

driving me crazy.. any idea?
    BB10 contacts pictures change back after I choose one-img_00000043.png
    11-29-13 10:51 AM