I think I'm going to have to try a different app, an android port will do, I was particularly insterested in this one just because it was native to be honest. Never mind - but thanks everyone for the advice.
    08-27-13 11:26 AM
    By the way, ping seems to require root on 10.2.
    You can actually ping though if you use your own app.
    Pretty silly.

Especially silly since there is a ping tool on the WiFi network page in the GUI.

(No GUI ping or traceroute if you're not on WiFi though.... )
    08-27-13 02:42 PM
    I tried BGSHELLPLUS but it lacks support for SSL certificates. Therefore, I am using BBSSH Pro which supports both generated certificates and importing existing certificates. The only feature missing from BBSSH Pro is a way to activate ESC key; a severe problem when trying to use vi/vim. Why is there no ESCape key on BlackBerry smartphones?

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    08-27-13 07:36 PM
    I tried BGSHELLPLUS but it lacks support for SSL certificates. Therefore, I am using BBSSH Pro which supports both generated certificates and importing existing certificates. The only feature missing from BBSSH Pro is a way to activate ESC key; a severe problem when trying to use vi/vim. Why is there no ESCape key on BlackBerry smartphones?

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10

I don't see what the big deal is, they can easily do what BGshellPlus does, just have their own ESC button. There are tons of keys that are unique to various platform's keyboards which have no direct equivalent on other keyboards - ever take a look at a Sun keyboard?

Personally I installed BGshell and BGshellPlus for the local terminal emulation functionality, it's a rudimentary SSH client at best.
    08-27-13 08:55 PM
    I don't see what the big deal is, they can easily do what BGshellPlus does, just have their own ESC button. There are tons of keys that are unique to various platform's keyboards which have no direct equivalent on other keyboards - ever take a look at a Sun keyboard?

Personally I installed BGshell and BGshellPlus for the local terminal emulation functionality, it's a rudimentary SSH client at best.
    Actually it is not about the keys - I want the option of packaging it on a bes server - you can only package native apps into the work space, you can't do that with an android app. Its not about the keys really, I agree with you on that point
    08-28-13 02:13 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD