I read it in reviews and from people switching over to BB10 and such. I understand any ventures into a new os has its challenges and learning curves.

I gather that BlackBerry was in its twilight as a device with the 9900/OS7 and it did everything at that time, perhaps still even now, intuitively. I came from iOS 5 and wonder what it is that can make BB10 seem complicated. Swiping to the one side takes me to the hub like it did with search in Apple. Swiping between the apps horizontally is just the same. Swiping from the top brings down my settings or whatever information, weather and stocks there were in iOS and the home button is essentially a swipe up in BB10. Closing apps is (was) done by tapping on the little x.. (I'd personally maybe rather toss them to close like the current iOS or PlayBook did cause it's fun )

So why was iOS considered to be so simple and easy? Maybe I'm comparing too much.., apples to other fruits. I get that installing apps from other sources is always more complicated which maybe applies to those who feel up to the challenge for, but BB10 as an OS an UI? I thought even setting up accounts, connecting to networks, and sharing is pretty decent in BB10. Do Cascades options within the apps make things seem too barraged? Some people praise the lack of home button while others wonder at first glance how to even wake the device or exit an app..

I apologize if this gets discussed to death or even on a tangent in other topics, but now that BB10 and the devices have been around for a while, what are the thoughts?
    06-12-15 11:42 AM
    If someone cannot figure out to press the power button to wake the device than I'm sorry but they shouldn't be using a Smart Phone.

Damn the thing even tells you if you tap the screen twice
    06-12-15 11:46 AM
    My mum knows how to use BlackBerry 10. Enough said. It's simple to use once you know the gestures.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-15 01:21 PM
    Once you get into using gestures other OS platforms will feel old school.

Z30 / STA 100-3 / 10.3.2.680
    06-12-15 01:52 PM
    Once you get into using gestures other OS platforms will feel old school.

Z30 / STA 100-3 / 10.3.2.680
    Agreed. The keyboard shortcuts are a nice addition to me too. Maybe BB10 just offers so many options
    06-12-15 02:13 PM
    Once you learn it, it works pretty easy. My mom also knows how to use it well and she does not even know how to copy and paste on a computer.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-12-15 04:19 PM
    I find BB10 a lot less confusing than any other mobile OS.

Also love the security it gives me knowing that, even without password protecting the device, the chance of a user on one of the competing platforms being able to wake the device is very small.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-15 06:34 PM
    If anything I find Android confusing, especially on devices with the Touch Navigation buttons, the symbols look like a kids toy
    06-12-15 06:40 PM
    Anyone who only had BlackBerry then went to lollipop would say Android is too layered. I started on BlackBerry then did two years on kitkat then lollipop and it Never felt intuitive. Got a Passport and wow! So' BlackBerry is complicated? Oh heck no frack way. The only opinions I care to hear are from those people who actually used other systems long term have the right to compare. Too many ***** Web journalists who copied stories off another who never had hands on are about 99%.

Posted via CB10
    Pcmx likes this.
    06-12-15 08:59 PM
    I always laugh when I hear people say BB10 is complicated. All because it doesn't have a home button. One of the funniest things I heard from two of my friends, one an Android user and the other an iPhone user, was that it takes too long to get to the hub. *face-palm*. Obviously they read some uneducated review and believed it. So when I showed them how fast and easy it is to get to the hub from anywhere in the OS, they were suddenly very very quiet. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    Pcmx likes this.
    06-12-15 09:26 PM
    One of the things I love about gesture-based navigation in BB10 is that you can't really "accidentally" do anything. You can't accidentally press a back button if you don't have one, and you can't really accidentally swipe to wake because you specifically have to drag from the bottom bezel of the screen (except for what I've heard of pocket swiping which, from what I understand, is rare). And, if you have a Passport you can use the touch sensitive keyboard to navigate your menus and webpages, so you don't accidentally tap a link you didn't mean to.
    Basically, it's a purpose-driven phone :P

 = ♥ | 8220, 8530, 9670, 9810, Q10, Passport
    vanrickman likes this.
    06-15-15 06:50 AM
    Sorry, double-posted!
    06-15-15 06:58 AM
    Seriously? This phone and its interface are far from it.

I.E. - I am watching youtube videos. Friends walk in. I press the lock button on the top of the phone and slide it into my pocket. A moment later, blaring from pocket is some youtube video which self started. Here I am thinking the phone was locked. **** dials, self starting music/media, multiple swipes to get to somewhere, overlayed gestures, and on and on.

1) Swipe down should bring the quick settings from everywhere. Get rid of the in application swipe down menus.
    2) Lock should be lock. No interaction until I unlock and enter my security code.
    3) Shorten the gesture requirements. On a Z30 I have to go half way up the screen (which is longer than my thumb).
    06-15-15 12:25 PM
    1) Swipe down should bring the quick settings from everywhere. Get rid of the in application swipe down menus.
    2) Lock should be lock. No interaction until I unlock and enter my security code.
    3) Shorten the gesture requirements. On a Z30 I have to go half way up the screen (which is longer than my thumb).
    1) 2 finger swipe down from the top in any app does just that but maybe a setting to change which does which would be nice.
    2) I do like being able to listen to music on YouTube with the screen off, could be a setting option too
    3) Agreed.
    06-15-15 01:10 PM