Hey there fellow crackberry users. I recently came across this online review made comparing the two operating systems between bb10 and the legendary webOS . I'm very familiar with webos as I used it for years. However found this review to be a bit biased or at minimum underscoring some key features that are on bb10 that make it really stand out from webOs

Now if this has already been discussed I apologize but I'd like to get your take on what you thought about the review and if you've experienced both systems. I honestly do miss some features about webos such as the multi-tasking and swype gestures but bb10 seems more of a modern version in some ways and the hub notifications are by far superior, I'll take the hub over webOs synergy any day. Also I think the reviewer was disingenuous when he said the palm keyboard was the best keyboard. If there's one thing that blackberry has always owned it's the legendary keyboard's. I hated the kbs on my palm phones to say the least. Let me know what you think.

Watch youtube review and discuss

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 03:16 PM
    Interesting blast from the past for sure!
    05-18-15 03:27 PM
    BB10 has a inspired design lineage from both WebOS and MeeGo. Of course BB10 has also added distinctive features. Android also has ties to WebOS. And yes its been discussed many times in CB.
    05-18-15 03:33 PM
    Great watch! Did you make the video ;-)?

Via Pasta CB10
    05-18-15 04:48 PM
    Great input. I just found this youtube review interesting to say the least.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 04:48 PM
    No, I did not, by the looks of it it seems to be someone from webOs nations. Honestly if he had touched on bb10 strong points a bit more I think it would have been seen as the better OS between the two. WebOs was far ahead of its time back then and to this day it's strong points have been mimicked by everyone almost but bb10s probably the most intuitive os out there to date. Little things like swype to wake, the differentiating led color notifications, the refined universal search just type feature, the notification hub etc etc. this is coming from a hardcore webOs user back in the day. The one thing I'll say remains unrivaled is the multitask function.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 04:52 PM
    Matias Duarte > all
    05-18-15 05:22 PM
    To see how MeeGo contributed.

05-18-15 06:35 PM
    I miss WebOS....boo hoo...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-19-15 06:41 AM
    I kept my Veer,Pre3,&Touchpad to pet them from time to time...

Posted via CB10
    Avenzuno likes this.
    05-19-15 05:38 PM
    PS - The Meego comparison doesnt come in until 13:24...fyi
    05-19-15 11:28 PM
    I kept my Veer,Pre3,&Touchpad to pet them from time to time...

Posted via CB10
    I still have all three of those devices, too. They would have been better off if Palm had been sold to LG directly. HP was awful.
    05-20-15 12:18 PM
    I still have all three of those devices, too. They would have been better off if Palm had been sold to LG directly. HP was awful.
    Truth be told blackberry could've acquired webOS complete lock stock and barrel along with a very capable and mature coding staff that would have been an asset to the blackberry brand ...
    Avenzuno, djchrisluna and donemt like this.
    05-20-15 12:33 PM
    Truth be told blackberry could've acquired webOS complete lock stock and barrel along with a very capable and mature coding staff that would have been an asset to the blackberry brand ...
    Wow never thought about that. It definitely would have been nice to have a modern webOs running on BlackBerrys hardware.

Posted via CB10
    donemt likes this.
    05-20-15 12:47 PM
    Oh god, I'll never forgive HP for what they did to Palm.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    Avenzuno and donemt like this.
    05-20-15 01:03 PM
    It was such a weird time in mobile history...

HP's CEO, who bought Palm, got caught up in a scandal, unrelated to how he ran the company, and resigned. The new CEO made it his mission to turn HP into a software and services company and abruptly killed Palm projects and hardware in general (even though that's where all their money was coming from). The blame lies with the new CEO and the Board at the time, who selected him.

Meanwhile, over at Nokia... new CEO killed N9, abandoned Symbian (where all their money was coming from at the time), and commited to incomplete Windows Phone.
    Avenzuno likes this.
    05-20-15 01:04 PM
    I don't have any experience with webOS but it looks like it has some very nice gesture features.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 01:41 PM
    I don't have any experience with webOS but it looks like it has some very nice gesture features.

Posted via CB10
    In all honesty part of what drew me to bb10 was it's gesture based os. I've had webos and wps for as long as I can remember but I always missed the way webOs was so incredibly intuitive and a joy to use everytime. BlackBerry never caught my attention at its height of its popularity for some reason it just seemed boring and to business like oriented.

I've had windows phones for a long time as well and as much as I love there live tile features it's pretty disorganized and multitasking is a joke, and there's no universal search,hopefully windows 10 mobile will fix that but even then the fact that they're killing of there design language which is to me there unique strong point leaves me once again outside looking in. I don't want it to be another android type os which I think that's what their going for to please the masses.

Bb10 however is as close as I'll get to reliving the webos days and a breath of fresh air at the same time. I love my q10 and it's swiping and multitasking id say is the best in any modern os at the moment. Hopefully they don't go the way webos did.

Posted via CB10
    jefbeard911 and Avenzuno like this.
    05-20-15 02:14 PM