I got shared info from my group that by end of June 2018, all BB10 devices cant have group chat across other platform. Is it true? So sad I occassionally carry and chat with groups on either iOS or BB10 device. And afraid that iBB10 server may soon decommission and we cant use BB10 device any more. Just general phone call and text messaging.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-18 10:11 PM
    06-09-18 10:29 PM
    You can always join in with the other 5 people that are upset about it

Look!! It's a petition!!!

https://www.change.org/p/rim-keep-su...bi_featured_fb
    06-09-18 11:12 PM
    At this point your only option to continue using consumer BBM to its fullest capabilities are to switch to iOS or Android.

If you want to continue using BB10 and have cross platform group chat you'll have to find another app (WhatsApp, Messenger, Skype, etc) but there's always the risk that they could stop working too.
    06-09-18 11:30 PM
    WA might be the most popular chatapp in the non-chinese world. It takes some fiddling to get it working on a BB10 device.

Signal works without fiddling though.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-18 05:46 AM
    That would be okay if only you could move your BBM For BB10 over to IOS, BlackBerry no longer allow you to move over and suggest making a new BBM account why bother I say.

Posted by my majestic Passport........"and like that.........he's gone"....
    06-10-18 01:48 PM
    I got shared info from my group that by end of June 2018, all BB10 devices cant have group chat across other platform. Is it true? So sad I occassionally carry and chat with groups on either iOS or BB10 device. And afraid that iBB10 server may soon decommission and we cant use BB10 device any more. Just general phone call and text messaging.

Posted via CB10
    Don’t forget email. You still have BB10 trifecta. Phone, text and email.
    06-10-18 03:48 PM
    That would be okay if only you could move your BBM For BB10 over to IOS, BlackBerry no longer allow you to move over and suggest making a new BBM account why bother I say.

Why didn’t you move it when they allowed it?
    06-10-18 03:49 PM
    Why didn’t you move it when they allowed it?
    Still using on my passport, and just got a iPhone X, will just keep on my passport and wait for it to die, in saying that I just got update 10.3.3.2137 and phone seems to be working better.

06-10-18 03:53 PM
    Still using on my passport, and just got a iPhone X, will just keep on my passport and wait for it to die, in saying that I just got update 10.3.3.2137 and phone seems to be working better.

Good luck. Congratulations on the iPhone X. Right now, if you’re interested, BBM Emtek is beta testing BBM. I’m participating on both iPhone and iPad.
    06-10-18 04:12 PM
    Good luck. Congratulations on the iPhone X. Right now, if you’re interested, BBM Emtek is beta testing BBM. I’m participating on both iPhone and iPad.
    Thanks, how do you get on the beta program? I used to be on the beta program with BlackBerry is it done through the same?

06-10-18 04:57 PM
    Thanks, how do you get on the beta program? I used to be on the beta program with BlackBerry is it done through the same?

Download BBM for IOS to your Apple device. Once downloaded, create new BBM ID on BBM for IOS. Once setup, contact Emtek via BBM and request beta participation.
    06-10-18 05:07 PM
    At this point your only option to continue using consumer BBM to its fullest capabilities are to switch to iOS or Android.

If you want to continue using BB10 and have cross platform group chat you'll have to find another app (WhatsApp, Messenger, Skype, etc) but there's always the risk that they could stop working too.
    Telegram works pretty well with BB10 and consumes less battery than WA. For sure not everybody uses Telegram... but it may work. Then it is pretty clear that BB wants the people to switch....
    06-10-18 05:31 PM
    I dropped BBM long ago as saw this coming! Don't miss it but I do believe that was a bad strategy as it was -many years ago- the reason most people came to use blackberry! Now, when I'll get another device I won't be using BBM! Yes, I know, blackberry is now a security company... ok!

Posted via CB10
    06-10-18 05:37 PM
    Download BBM for IOS to your Apple device. Once downloaded, create new BBM ID on BBM for IOS. Once setup, contact Emtek via BBM and request beta participation.
    That's great thanks will have a go.

06-10-18 05:52 PM
    I dropped BBM long ago as saw this coming! Don't miss it but I do believe that was a bad strategy as it was -many years ago- the reason most people came to use blackberry! Now, when I'll get another device I won't be using BBM! Yes, I know, blackberry is now a security company... ok!

Posted via CB10

Spyros,

If I recall our previous conversations, I believe you live in Greece? If not I apologize. Can you comment if BBM ever had any meaningful traction in Greece as a instant message platform?? Or mostly Viber and WhatsApp?? How about BlackBerry in general, even during the glory years a while back?

Every summer when I go to Greece to visit family and friends, people all over are amazed and curious about my BlackBerry devices. Just shocked and always wonder about them, especially when I go get my pre-paid number. I'm currently on a SE Passport.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-18 09:07 PM