Previously I was one of the lucky few who was able to get my personal google account on the Z10 using exchange active sync before google terminated the service for non-paying accounts (i.e. non google apps customers). Thus I was able to sync fully my email, calendars etc by EAS. I used the third party calendar sync app successfully to accomplish a two-way sync between the Z10 and the twenty or so multiple calendars that are in my personal google account.

However, knowing that eventually I would move to a new BB10 device (and thus lose the free EAS sync'd personal account), I switched to a google apps business account. With my new Passport (love the device!) I am able to add the google apps account using exchange, and was pleased to see that I did not need the separate calendar sync app to see all the multiple calendars associated with the one account. All calendars showed up on my Passport calendar individually color coded as before. I thought everything would be perfect.

Now I've discovered a problem though:
    - for existing google calendar entries that were downloaded to the BB calendar for the first time, I cannot edit them from the BB
    - google calendar entries created on a PC Browser are downloaded properly to the BB calendar, but I also cannot edit them from the BB
    - google calendar entries I create on the BB are synced to google successfully, and I can edit them afterwards from both a browser and the BB; however, if I edit this entry on a browser, then I can no longer edit them on the BB.

Is there a reason why there appears to be a one-way sync only for calendar entries that I don't create on the BB itself?
    Last edited by the real serenia; 10-07-14 at 01:35 PM. Reason: added info
    10-07-14 12:27 PM
    No insights? Pretty sure this is not a specific to usage scenario, I would think many of us sync google accounts via EAS. It's really starting to interfere with use since I have to go to a computer to edit events.

Incidentally, calendar entries sync'd by EAS for my outlook account are not affected and are fully 2-way.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 10:42 AM
    I have no idea, sorry for that. But as a (temporarily) solution you only need to create new entries on your BlackBerry and not your PC. Again, it's not a solution but it may work better.
    10-09-14 02:32 PM
    So after some more testing, it turns out that the primary calendar sync is fully two way, but the secondary calendar entries are read only if created or modified on the Web; i can still delete entries however, just not edit them from the BB.

I think something broke with EAS and google apps on the passport because I had full sync of all calendar entries on our Z10 and Q10.

I reinstalled the old calendar app to see if it makes a difference but it doesn't appear to.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 11:29 AM
    To be honest, Gapps mad my life difficult that I switched to office 365. Much better experience.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 03:30 PM