I wonder if it will be possible in the future to develop plugins for the BB10 browser, similar to how we can do this with Firefox. One thing I'd really like to do is modify the html request headers so that web servers think I am using a desktop web client, and don't redirect me to some page that says my browser is incapable!
    05-03-13 02:25 PM
    The stock browser already has a Desktop mode that does exactly that.

Settings->Developer Tools->Desktop mode
    SDTRMG likes this.
    05-04-13 12:16 AM
    Wait, does what exactly? Are you saying that there us a way to develop plugins or are you saying that desktop mode changes the http request headers, specifically the client version? If the later, well yeah that's what I would expect but unless I can change it to Firefox or chrome it does me no good.. mog.com is the site I want access to... but they redirect unless your browser version in those headers is one of their supported browsers. even though bb10 supports flash and html5...

Firefox has a plug in already that let's you modify the headers to your hearts content...

Ps, does anyone else get people answering your questions in a curt and incomplete/ vague way ? I swear, every time! Use your keyboard people.. that and people not seeming to read your posts thoroughly. Almost every time I end up saying the same thing in reply but in a different way. The attention span of the average gadget wielding Westerner.. jeez... I'm not saying you or anyone is stupid, but please make sure the response is relevant to the question. Answers drown in noise here. /rant
    05-11-13 01:43 AM
    It's also annoying when someone gets an answer to part of their question and is rude about it, as if the other forum members who are nice enough to answer their question owe them something.
    /rant

At least on OS 10.1, the developer mode Sacha told you about emulates Chrome 21.

As for plugins, it's not as good but try http://www.berryreview.com/2013/02/0...ate-page-more/
    05-11-13 02:16 AM
    Did you actually want help or just to have a rant knowing full well nobody would have 'exactly' the answer you want?!
    Why not lobby Google or Firefox to bring there browser to bb10? It is a new future-proof platform after all.
    05-11-13 02:36 AM