Is anyone having browsing issues on the BB10 stock browser.

Lately the browser is not recognising my touch or allowing me to enter text on some sites. After a while it 'wakes up' and it will zoom in and out and select the areas of text randomly.

Hoping this not due to the browser not being updated by blackberry in a while.

Running a z10, latest os.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-16 06:01 AM
    If the website is media, scripts, and/or ad intensive or your internet connection is slow, the Browser will seem to get unresponsive due to it working hard trying to load all the web page thingies.
    As you try and input commands or text, that gets delayed until the Browser has freed up enough resources to process those, which then seem to fire off randomly.

Try this, visit a web page that has acted up, but instead of trying to input anything, just wait until the little blue line has filled up the bottom of the screen, that is your page loading indicator.
    See if it is then better responsive.

Also, one thing I have ran into, your browser keeps a log of all things you have downloaded.
    This log is accessed from time to time and during a "save" dialog and can slow things down to a crawl during that time.
    From the Browser, tap the three dots in the lower right and choose Downloads.
    Tap the Trash Can at the bottom of the Downloads screen.
    This doesn't delete any of the files that have been downloads, it only deletes the log of the download.
    Doing that regularly will free up memory and resources that deal with that log.
    11-16-16 07:47 AM
    Also, one thing I have ran into, your browser keeps a log of all things you have downloaded.
    This log is accessed from time to time and during a "save" dialog and can slow things down to a crawl during that time.
    From the Browser, tap the three dots in the lower right and choose Downloads.
    Tap the Trash Can at the bottom of the Downloads screen.
    This doesn't delete any of the files that have been downloads, it only deletes the log of the download.
    Doing that regularly will free up memory and resources that deal with that log.
    I never knew this! Thanks for sharing.

I find the browser is great for some sites but on many text input is pretty bad. So is formatting of frames (is that what they are still called?)

Stocktwits.com is an example of this. It works to read the posts fine, but text input is painful, slow, process.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-16 07:52 AM
    Thanks for the help.

I had left pages to load correctly and I was on a stable connection but still had the same issues. Cleared the downloads log but still no improvement.

However I deleted some large video files on the system to free up some space and now it is working much better. Issue seemed to be total system memory not related to browser.

Posted via CB10
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    11-17-16 02:46 AM