I notice another question about apps going blank lately: I think this is related.

You may have noticed that YouTube has changed so that it won't play in the background anymore, and won't even play with the screen darkened. It now looks that YT is also now crashing the browser as well, and, when it does this, it wipes all the activities in the other apps that are open too!

This evening I went to play the videos in the following link on my Q10:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/mbvd/the-daily-show-got-back-together-and-reminisced-about?utm_term=.kivxzxkZQ1&utm_medium=email&utm_ca mpaign=News%20-%20051017%20Wednesday&utm_content=News%20-%20051017%20Wednesday%2BCID_8923ed15f81e10c78599bb 54589afc6d&utm_source=BuzzFeed%20Newsletters#.haYd 5dzOl4

About a minute into the first video, it crashed the browser, and a Facebook app that was linked to it. Leaving them both with the 'empty' square as noted by the other poster.

My Q10 browser has always had a bit of a problem with breaking up on YT after playing a video, so I thought it might be a power problem, and tried the same link with a much newer Classic. The Classic browser crashed at about the same point in the video.

Back on the Q10 I used the 'open in' dialogue to open the same link from Buzzfeed in Dolphin. It played in Dolphin, though it was a bit slow to feed.

So this is a generic problem with the BB browser, and both phones have the latest software. I suppose this must be another result of Google changing YT just to get rid of us.

Or has anyone found a solution?
    05-10-17 03:44 PM
    So this is a generic problem with the BB browser
    Pretty much. There have been no significant upgrades to the browser and the web keeps moving along. Pretty much all you can do is clear your cache, clear your cookies, try using desktop mode on some sites or change up your browser to something that has at least been updated in the past year like Browsie Browser.
    05-10-17 08:31 PM
    Does it behave differently in terms of stability when you use desktop mode?
    05-10-17 08:58 PM
    Does it behave differently in terms of stability when you use desktop mode?
    To a certain extent yes, because it then tries to load desktop content versus mobile content. Of course, it can also have a reverse effect as well wherein some pages will behave worse because it's trying to render desktop content instead of mobile. However, from my experience, it's a better balance.
    05-10-17 09:44 PM
    I tend to use Dolphin for desktop mode, rather than swap back and forth with the native browser settings. I have to do this anyway, with a lot of YT videos that are blocked to mobiles.

It's a shame Tor doesn't let you play YT, as that would be the main reason for pretending to be in another region! :/
    05-11-17 11:48 PM
    In my experience the native browser crashes when I use Facebook especially when accessing FB group which has a lot of photos posted. I guess the browser's memory management sucks.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-17 10:57 AM
    I cant play youtube videos minimized and was unable to access google plus for awhile but no crashing. I use the private browser more often. Have not found a replacement for the reader mode its invaluable for me. Regular Browser just for facebook, blackberry, and youtube. Other accounts and shared drive folders more often ill use password keeper or enpass, no url however its cleaner and in some cases seems faster. Although it is an android app, Mercury Browser from Amazon Appstore seemed very good.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-17 05:19 PM