Found this in the "About" section of the BB10 browser.

"This software is provided by Apple and its contributors "as is" and any express or implied warranties.....etc."

What hand in the BB10 Browser development did Apple have?

I'm curious if that's why the browser is recognized as Safari most times.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-16 01:13 PM
    BB10 Brower - Interesting Find-img_20160923_201554.png

Nice find really Let's wait for Bla1ze to clear things up a bit..

Posted via CB10
    09-23-16 01:16 PM
    Becuase Apple did most of the early work on Webkit coding and later trademarked the name.... but they kinda made it an open source product that many (like BlackBerry) today use to build different browsers. While they don't have to pay for using the source code, they do have to acknowledge where it originated.
    PantherBlitz, Vistaus and Heavens1 like this.
    09-23-16 01:19 PM
    Ah, I see.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-16 01:29 PM
    yep Apple open-sourced Webkit after which Google and other companies put a ton of work into it for Chrome. Later Google forked Webkit to Blink due to too much unnecessary code so Webkit is again more or less an Apple thing.
    Heavens1 likes this.
    09-23-16 01:29 PM
    yep Apple open-sourced Webkit after which Google and other companies put a ton of work into it for Chrome. Later Google forked Webkit to Blink due to too much unnecessary code so Webkit is again more or less an Apple thing.
    But Blink is still a forked version of the Core Webkit design... as such they still have to credit Apple (and many others).

Apple has been in the "game" for a long, long time... and while they were a small PC manufacture, they still worked very hard to give their users the best software experience that they could. This has helped them in the move to mobile....
    09-23-16 02:13 PM
    But Blink is still a forked version of the Core Webkit design... as such they still have to credit Apple (and many others).

Apple has been in the "game" for a long, long time... and while they were a small PC manufacture, they still worked very hard to give their users the best software experience that they could. This has helped them in the move to mobile....
    Yes I'm not talking about credit, more about the direction of Webkit. When Google was putting in majority of commits it had a large voice in feature adoption and whatnot, now its Apple and some other smaller entities. Some web browsers like Opera and Amazon went with Google to Blink so the future of Webkit is whatever Apple wants for Safari.
    09-23-16 03:48 PM
    Not too mention the fact that Webkit is a fork itself, a fork of KHTML.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebKit#Origins

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  ,Passport (OG Red)
    Heavens1 likes this.
    09-23-16 04:47 PM
    Becuase Apple did most of the early work on Webkit coding and later trademarked the name.... but they kinda made it an open source product that many (like BlackBerry) today use to build different browsers. While they don't have to pay for using the source code, they do have to acknowledge where it originated.
    Apple did most of the work of the early coding? You mean KDE did the work on the early coding? 'Cause Webkit is a fork KHTML.

DrBoomBotz likes this.
    09-23-16 04:50 PM
    Apple did most of the work of the early coding? You mean KDE did the work on the early coding? 'Cause Webkit is a fork KHTML.

Really great info guys, thanks for explaining.

Posted via CB10
    Vistaus likes this.
    09-23-16 06:29 PM
    Really great info guys, thanks for explaining.

Posted via CB10
    You're welcome! :-)

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  ,Passport (OG Red) <3
    09-23-16 11:50 PM
    Found this in the "About" section of the BB10 browser.
    "This software is provided by Apple and its contributors "as is" and any express or implied warranties.....etc."
    Also note that this section about Apple represents roughly 5% of the About text.
    09-25-16 12:07 PM