I just thought of a cool idea for the BB10 lockscreen. So currently we have seen that it has a dedicated camera but what about the phone app or if u wanted to do a quick search. Well what if they implemented that when you pulled up the lockscreen a tiny bit just to make the action bar visible those apps in the action bar would "stick" onto the lockscreen and you could select them. I know that this idea needs some refining but just let me know what you think.

BB10 Believe!!!!
    01-05-13 12:11 AM
    I think the only reason the camera is accessible from the lock screen is because that is one app where timing is everything and to unlock, then find and open the camera app, could result in a lost moment. For everything else, unlocking is but a swipe and you will be fully operational for calls and whatever active frames you have running, in a fraction of a second. To have your calls available from the lock screen would result in a lot of pocket calling. Personally, I like the lock screen looking clean with simple notifications of emails, bbm's, etc. Just my thoughts.
    01-05-13 12:50 AM
    I do wonder though, without some type of pocket sleeve (like I use for my Bold 9900) how many black photos will appear from the inside of my pants.
    01-05-13 11:25 AM
    I think the only reason the camera is accessible from the lock screen is because that is one app where timing is everything and to unlock, then find and open the camera app, could result in a lost moment. For everything else, unlocking is but a swipe and you will be fully operational for calls and whatever active frames you have running, in a fraction of a second. To have your calls available from the lock screen would result in a lot of pocket calling. Personally, I like the lock screen looking clean with simple notifications of emails, bbm's, etc. Just my thoughts.
    First of all there can never be too much cowbell. I could have used a little more cowbell!! I gotta have more cowbell baby!! (best skit ever)

Where does the 'unlock screen' function come in? When I light up my phone now, I have to put in a password to access anything on my phone. I have yet to see that function demonstrated on the BB10 unit - I'm sure I've missed it somewhere.
    01-05-13 12:32 PM
    First of all there can never be too much cowbell. I could have used a little more cowbell!! I gotta have more cowbell baby!! (best skit ever)

Where does the 'unlock screen' function come in? When I light up my phone now, I have to put in a password to access anything on my phone. I have yet to see that function demonstrated on the BB10 unit - I'm sure I've missed it somewhere.
    Haha... Yes, yes it is!!

I'm sure you can enable, or not, a password for the lock screen on the new phones. How it will be implemented, we will find out shortly. Personally, I don't have a password on my phone as I don't want to have to enter it every time it goes to sleep (is that how it works? I've never even tried nor looked into it).
    01-05-13 01:54 PM
    I do wonder though, without some type of pocket sleeve (like I use for my Bold 9900) how many black photos will appear from the inside of my pants.
    I would not be possible, because in order to activate the camera on BB10, once must hold down the camera function for seconds to activate that app. Nonetheless, its touch(finger) sensitive. Check out any BB10 video demonstrating the camera and you shall see what I speak of
    01-05-13 02:12 PM
    Pocket sleeves and phone holsters can't press buttons on a touch screen.
    01-05-13 02:13 PM
    You have probably yet to see 85% of the what this OS can do!!!
    01-05-13 02:15 PM
    Yes, if it isn't used after a pre-set number of minutes, the phone will 'sleep'. When I hit the button to 'wake up' the password screen comes on and I have to type in the password. It is a pain to deal with but so is pocket calling someone. I probably won't need it with the new swipe but the security factor is nice to have. And you're right, we will all know soon.
    01-05-13 02:21 PM
    Yes, if it isn't used after a pre-set number of minutes, the phone will 'sleep'. When I hit the button to 'wake up' the password screen comes on and I have to type in the password. It is a pain to deal with but so is pocket calling someone. I probably won't need it with the new swipe but the security factor is nice to have. And you're right, we will all know soon.
    I know a few people that have the security issues so they do indeed password lock their phone, but simply hitting the top lock button eliminates the pocket dialling as I need to hit that button again to make the phone accessible. If it simply goes to sleep, touching any button awakens it and off I go. Maybe I'm misunderstanding you but it seems to me, that you have engaged your password lock and maybe didn't necessarily mean to?
    01-05-13 03:35 PM
    Mine automatically brings up the password screen after screen fade. I suppose there is a way to reset that but I haven't taken the time to check. I guess I should admit <<blushing>> that I currently have an Android phone so it probably won't be an issue shortly after January 30th.
    01-05-13 04:12 PM
    Mine automatically brings up the password screen after screen fade. I suppose there is a way to reset that but I haven't taken the time to check. I guess I should admit <<blushing>> that I currently have an Android phone so it probably won't be an issue shortly after January 30th.
    lol... no need to "blush".. You're using what you find suits you for the time being. Hopefully BB10 will suit your needs more and you will find your way back home
    01-05-13 04:54 PM