I was toold by another member that the BB10 bold device is launching this year. He said RIM confirmed this... Is there any truth to this? I want to updrade to 9930 bit not if new qnx bold Is dropping this year.
    drummer_god likes this.
    02-15-12 01:04 PM
    As of right now, I have not read anything pointing to the release of a BB10 Bold this year. I have heard reports of one possibly set for release in early 2013, but the only reported BB10 rumored to be released in 2012 is the full touch BB10 "London". See here for N4BB's report of what's coming this year: What’s Coming? New 7″ & 10″ PlayBook, One BlackBerry 10 Phone, Two Curves and More | N4BB - News for BlackBerry - forums, leaks, rumors, videos, faqs, reviews ; and here is CB's exclusive on the 1st images of the BB10 all touch superphone: http://crackberry.com/exclusive-firs...-10-superphone
    02-15-12 01:43 PM
    Yeah I just don't want to go and upgrade then RIM and there new CEO pull a surprise and release the bold bb10 phone later this year. I could always sell my 9930 but my wife has issues with that kind of stuff.
    02-15-12 03:50 PM
    It's not a given they would choose to launch a BB10 device with a keyboard, and the rumor mill making it to blogs has them focussing on a single touchscreen device at first.

I'd say it's possible from what I know. Personally I'm saying the first BB10 device comes out for sale in Q3 or Q4.

However, unless you are sure you'll be happy to wait until December just in case, maybe a few months later depending on the launch schedule, and would be happy with a touchscreen if they only launch one model at first -- then you might want to get an OS7 Bold soon (one with new battery, better battery life after OS7 update, and possibly a Qualcomm S4 under the hood.)

I wouldn't worry about losing support for it either, OS7 will be around for at least a few years and you'll be happy to upgrade to BB10 or whatever else before that support runs out
    02-15-12 04:12 PM
    i bought a 9900 off contract, but i was in a position where i really, really needed to upgrade..i love my old 8520, but it was painfully slow and 2g was no fun bridged. i plan on doing the same thing when a bold bb10 does come out, but i'm not betting on that till early 2013. my budget is compartmentalized rather strangely, but i find i can manage to justify the $600 i spent on the 9900 if i'm creative enough!
    Fredstar likes this.
    02-15-12 04:17 PM
    YEss i did the same man, i know how u feel.. but are to totally satisfied with you 9900
    03-04-12 01:10 PM
    YEss i did the same man, i know how u feel.. but are to totally satisfied with you 9900
    I know I am satisfied with mine.
    03-04-12 03:35 PM
    Completely...the camera is adequate for my purposes, and i have 3 holsters that all have sleeper magnets, so the battery is just fine...and it looks sweet dressed up in hello kitty!
    03-04-12 07:55 PM
    we all hope that it will but according to the road map we got from RIM they only show a "Torch" for BB10 this year. heres the pic again for reference:
    03-04-12 09:17 PM
    I am Satisfied With My cell...
    03-05-12 12:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD