Was the image of BlackBerry and its homegrown operating systems subverted by CIA propaganda? Is John Chen a Trojan horse who was tasked with killing BB10 and replacing it with Android?

Android is clearly inherently unsecured. The Wikileaks CIA leaks from yesterday are damning. Apple's iOS included. Samsung TVs. Your car. Everything can be hacked, you can be watched and recorded anywhere by smart devices. It's not a conspiracy theory anymore.

I know longtime CrackBerry users and BB10 fans have seen the propaganda about BlackBerry for years. Articles constantly calling for the closing of BlackBerry. Users on Reddit wishing BlackBerry would die already. But why? Why were people angry that BlackBerry was making phones? It never seemed logical to BB10 users. Sure, I can understand a third or fourth platform not being successful. But the vitriol against BlackBerry has been commonplace for years.

My question is this: was and/or is BB10 at all more inherently secure than iOS or Android? At this point, with what we've learned or had confirmed in the past day, these kinds of questions should be seriously considered.

Posted via CB10
    BB_PP likes this.
    03-08-17 06:26 AM
    You read my mind! Exactly what i was thinking and I'm sure 100% this is propaganda against blackberry.
    03-08-17 06:39 AM
    Honestly, BB10 was destroyed due to still incompetent marketing department. Hell give me a minimal wage for marketing position and I would do it better than their current team. Their ads for BB10 or Priv were mostly meh. Other than that, there was always a mission to undermine and bash on BlackBerry with lack of apps. Constantly, non-stop people would complain about the lack of apps. "I need this app" "OMG this app is so cool I use it to message my friends, gf, and family" "Ohh cool skin pack let me use it and add new icons" "OMG I can't install my clicking cookie game" It's ironic that some people that complain about lack of openess of BB10 are silent about iOS. BlackBerry is business phone first, with some entrances in consumer sector. Most of those were fine with OS7 but now BB10 somehow is bad (yes it had its quirks but still....). There was an active and there is still active disinformation campaign against BlackBerry, combined with lousy marketing by BlackBerry itself. Some shops, and providers wouldn't even advertise BB10 phones and they were making it hard to find them. Also one of the interesting thing is that some of them never told the people that BB10 phones don't require subscription, so most of the people thought if they bought BB10 they would need to pay monthly subscription for services. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a plan to undermine BlackBerry in similar manner to Nokia with Elop at helm on the behalf of Microsoft.
    03-08-17 06:44 AM
    OMG :facepalm:

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-08-17 06:49 AM
    No , there are various reasons why bb10 failed but not this one.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-08-17 06:50 AM
    And what did BlackBerry get out of this "agreement"? Billions of dollars of losses for its shareholders, and the laying off of thousands of people?

The BoD hired Chen to implement its strategy of phasing out hardware. He is simply doing his job.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-08-17 07:34 AM
    This was a joke, right?

<crickets>

...right??
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-08-17 08:09 AM
    I think I get what OP is trying to say... probably NSA didn't kill blackberry 10 but they sure as help didn't help it survive.. what if it was too tough to hack into? Then instead of hiring hackers they hired trolls that did the job for them?

I know... get your tinfoil hats...

Posted from my PassportSQW100-1/10.3.3.2205
    03-08-17 08:16 AM
    Was the image of BlackBerry and its homegrown operating systems subverted by CIA propaganda? Is John Chen a Trojan horse who was tasked with killing BB10 and replacing it with Android?

Android is clearly inherently unsecured. The Wikileaks CIA leaks from yesterday are damning. Apple's iOS included. Samsung TVs. Your car. Everything can be hacked, you can be watched and recorded anywhere by smart devices. It's not a conspiracy theory anymore.

I know longtime CrackBerry users and BB10 fans have seen the propaganda about BlackBerry for years. Articles constantly calling for the closing of BlackBerry. Users on Reddit wishing BlackBerry would die already. But why? Why were people angry that BlackBerry was making phones? It never seemed logical to BB10 users. Sure, I can understand a third or fourth platform not being successful. But the vitriol against BlackBerry has been commonplace for years.

My question is this: was and/or is BB10 at all more inherently secure than iOS or Android? At this point, with what we've learned or had confirmed in the past day, these kinds of questions should be seriously considered.

Posted via CB10
    Yes! Now we all see what is coming
    03-08-17 08:24 AM

Posted via CB10
    There was a full Brigade out there since 6-7 years paid one who has nothing to do but bash BlackBerry, especially BB10! When you oppose one "war boy" to defend BB10 they come up united and bash you back. This is how they downgraded OS10 and at the same time "SpyDroid" was flourishing
    03-08-17 08:28 AM
    Volunteers Vs paid bloggers, reporter, forum members.
    03-08-17 08:30 AM
    Did the CIA convince BlackBerry to ignore the iPhone and release BB10 4 years too late?
    Troy Tiscareno and BigBadWulf like this.
    03-08-17 08:34 AM
    This will go nowhere constructive.

/closed
    Uzi and BigBadWulf like this.
    03-08-17 08:46 AM