UK long term BB owner and fan. had my hands on Z10 in store... just about to swap my BB9900 for Z10 or go iphone

I was hoping someone might have commented on these priorities

battery life..... I dont want to have to buy a 3rd party battery because it will not last a day of average use
    call quality - i want this to be top notch crystal clear (I count BB9900 as only decent vs previous BBs like 9000)
    speaker - i want speaker to be top quality very loud if needed and very clear
    keyboard - the best touchscreen keyb in the business - it seemed very good with my short test
    build quality - solid and vey well made - it felt fine
    email - bbemail has always been top notch. IOS email has always been pants (i have an ipad) - what is the email like ?
    satnav - is this available for uk. immediately - is this the tom tom based app i have on the bb9900 which is fine... or even better

software updates - can anyone tell me how these will be carried out ? If they plan to follow the old process of leaks etc and downloads. then i am over to Iphone like a shot

apps - i dont care if i lose a few of my favs for a while

the odd bug... dont give a hoot as long as they get fixed quickly - ios has the odd small bug
    02-05-13 12:17 PM
    UK long term BB owner and fan. had my hands on Z10 in store... just about to swap my BB9900 for Z10 or go iphone

I was hoping someone might have commented on these priorities

battery life..... I dont want to have to buy a 3rd party battery because it will not last a day of average use

about 12 hours, it's less than we're used to

call quality - i want this to be top notch crystal clear (I count BB9900 as only decent vs previous BBs like 9000)

it's ****ing excellent - I have no idea what the early reviewers were complaining about. I'm using O2 and 3G

speaker - i want speaker to be top quality very loud if needed and very clear

it's ****ing excellent - again no idea why the early reviewers were saying not good enough for conference calls

keyboard - the best touchscreen keyb in the business - it seemed very good with my short test

takes some getting used to vs a qwerty clicky (9780) but every day it gets better

build quality - solid and vey well made - it felt fine

does feel well made

email - bbemail has always been top notch. IOS email has always been pants (i have an ipad) - what is the email like ?

mixed bag, might take some getting used to

satnav - is this available for uk. immediately - is this the tom tom based app i have on the bb9900 which is fine... or even better

it has maps with a directions function?

software updates - can anyone tell me how these will be carried out ? If they plan to follow the old process of leaks etc and downloads. then i am over to Iphone like a shot

unsure but I'm told the first will be in about 45 days

apps - i dont care if i lose a few of my favs for a while

WhatsApp, Skype and Bloomberg Mobile are the ones I miss the most :-(. It has BBC iPlayer now

the odd bug... dont give a hoot as long as they get fixed quickly - ios has the odd small bug
    plenty of these :-)
    02-05-13 12:40 PM
    Thanks appreciate the feedback. On satnav was looking to make sure it had voice directions and based on tom tom like the one they released for the 9900 which is great for me.
    for the software updating i would look to see them updating this centrally , Leaks and OS releases per vendor are terrible. i donty see why they cant run this like apple.. new software available, immediately downloaded on your phone at the click of a button, if you wish
    02-05-13 01:30 PM