Dear Crackberrians once more need your help, I want to transfer my data from bb10 android whatsapp to android phone whatsapp. As far as I know we don't have a google drive backup option available, so how's that done, please share your knowledge.
    04-19-21 12:21 PM
    Dear Crackberrians once more need your help, I want to transfer my data from bb10 android whatsapp to android phone whatsapp. As far as I know we don't have a google drive backup option available, so how's that done, please share your knowledge.
    On BB10 do a backup of your WhatsApp chats, then open the file manager and go to misc, android, and find the folder marked WhatsApp. Move this folder over to your Android devices' root internal storage, then install WhatsApp and sign in.
    04-19-21 06:24 PM
    couldn't make it work, copied WhatsApp folder with Backups, databases and media to my android phone's internal storage, installed WhatsApp, signed in, but nothing happened.
    04-25-21 08:19 PM
    couldn't make it work, copied WhatsApp folder with Backups, databases and media to my android phone's internal storage, installed WhatsApp, signed in, but nothing happened.
    Did you manually do a chat backup on your old device before copying the folder over?
    04-25-21 09:18 PM
    I was unable to, because every time I make a manual backup only automatic one is the latest one that appear on the device when I check the phone from my computer, and from bb link you can't access file manager as far as I know.
    04-26-21 02:58 PM
    I was unable to, because every time I make a manual backup only automatic one is the latest one that appear on the device when I check the phone from my computer, and from bb link you can't access file manager as far as I know.
    On your BB10 device open WhatsApp, tap the three dots top right corner, settings, chats, chat backup. Tap the Back Up button and let it finish backing up.
    Now open the file manager and navigate to Misc, Android, and find the folder marked whatsapp.
    Copy this folder over to your android device in the main (or root) directory of the device internal storage with something like an SD card, or if you don't have a card you can also zip the folder and bluetooth it over. If you do zip it in the process make sure you unzip it again once it's on your Android devices' internal storage.
    You should now be able to install WhatsApp on the Android device and it will find the backup.
    04-26-21 04:21 PM
    I did copy the WhatsApp backup to pc through usb and then exported it zipped to the new phone via google drive, unzipped it, but WhatsApp could not find it. Although I was unable to export manually backed up folder, only the folder that WhatsApp backs up itself once every 24 hours, but I don't think there is a big difference or am I wrong. I really appreciate your help.
    04-26-21 05:12 PM
    I did copy the WhatsApp backup to pc through usb and then exported it zipped to the new phone via google drive, unzipped it, but WhatsApp could not find it. Although I was unable to export manually backed up folder, only the folder that WhatsApp backs up itself once every 24 hours, but I don't think there is a big difference or am I wrong. I really appreciate your help.
    I've never investigated exactly which subfolder would be needed so I'd just copy the whole complete folder labeled "whatsapp" (that way all you media gets moved over right away too). If you exported from google drive the folder probably is residing in the downloads folder of your Android device - it needs to be in the root directory. So that would be if you open the file manager app on your android device and tap on Internal Storage, your unzipped "whatsapp" folder should be displayed with the first list of folders.
    04-26-21 05:32 PM
    It did go to download folder, then I unzipped it, added a new folder (named it WhatsApp) in internal storage and copied that unzipped folder into it.
    04-26-21 05:48 PM
    It did go to download folder, then I unzipped it, added a new folder (named it WhatsApp) in internal storage and copied that unzipped folder into it.
    The whole WhatsApp folder must go from root directory A to root directory B. Don't add any folders or take any files out of folders to move over, otherwise you mess up the structure of the folder and then when WhatsApp looks for a backup the path it follows leads nowhere.
    04-26-21 06:26 PM
    tried every possible way, downloaded zipped WhatsApp folder, then unzipped it, left intact in download folder, installed WhatsApp anew, signed in, allowed access to contacts and media, skipped G drive backup search, but to no avail
    04-30-21 10:17 AM
    skipped backup search, but to no avail
    Next time let it look for backups...
    04-30-21 11:12 AM
    no man, it did not work either.
    04-30-21 02:48 PM
    no man, it did not work either.
    How many WhatsApp folders are now in the android device's internal storage?
    The whole complete intact folder marked "whatsapp" must go from device A internal storage to device B internal storage. If there is already a whatsapp folder on device B when you copy the one over from device A, then the one you just copied will probably be named "whatsapp(0)". If it is, then delete the empty folder and rename the other from "whatsapp(0)" to "whatsapp".
    04-30-21 05:04 PM