Every Android app I've got on my BB10 phones all make use of the standard bell icon for their notifications in the hub and on the lock screen - except for the Android Skype app which uses its own Skype icon for notifications. Why?

Posted via CB10
    08-14-20 04:18 PM
    Every Android app I've got on my BB10 phones all make use of the standard bell icon for their notifications in the hub and on the lock screen - except for the Android Skype app which uses its own Skype icon for notifications. Why?

Posted via CB10
    Skype had versions specifically customised for BB10.
    08-14-20 07:06 PM
    Skype had versions specifically customised for BB10.
    Interesting.. I am using the latest 2020 version of Skype Lite (I find the latest Lite version of Skype, Facebook and Messenger very fast and responsive even on BB10's old 4.3 ART) so either there is some legacy code in there from the old days that supplies the icon (which displays as the old white on blue Skype icon, not the newest blue on white icon) or, perhaps, the icon is actually in BB10 Itself and the OS substitutes it for the bell icon when it sees a Skype notification coming through. If it is the latter I wonder why BB didn't do the same trick for other common android apps used on Blackberries at the time...

Posted via CB10
    08-15-20 04:52 AM
    On the Sailfish implementation of Android support (Aliendalvik) there is a similar issue with android notifications but some clever person has written an app that inserts all of the correct icons and allows these to display on the Sailfish notification screen and area.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-20 05:01 AM