Hi!

I was thinking, how will it be possible to have a BB10 QNX BlackBerry in the form factor of the Bold 9900?
    I believe the screen resolution is going to have to be high to work with all the current apps and that the screen will need to be big enough for the swiping gestures?
    Does this meant the BlackBerry Nevada is going to have to be massive? As I don't see how this will work! Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    I think the Motorola Fire looks awful and that has a large screen. The size of the 9900 is just perfect. Maybe the screen could be 3" but I still don't see how it will look!
    I don't want to have another form factor!!! I hope RIM can sort that out!
    12-12-11 03:51 PM
    Likely there will be one with a 4:4 3" screen like the 9900's formfactor is.
    12-12-11 04:03 PM
    What does 4:4 mean? I suppose 3" would be the compromise of screen size and general size of the handset!
    12-12-11 04:12 PM
    What does 4:4 mean? I suppose 3" would be the compromise of screen size and general size of the handset!
    4:3 is slightly rectangle, 4:4 would be full square, even horizontal and vertical dimensions. It would be pefect for the formfactor.
    12-12-11 04:20 PM
    Likely there will be one with a 4:4 3" screen like the 9900's formfactor is.
    If the 99xx's form factor was preserved and the static buttons/trackpad were sacrificed for a 3" screen I'd be accepting of change.
    12-12-11 06:40 PM
    I agree that the form factor on the 99xx is about perfect. But I do think the screen could be bigger... If you look at how much plastic there is above the screen, I'd think you'd agree that they could easily condense the 1/2 inch of plastic down to about a 1/4 inch. And then if they made the screen about 1/2 inch taller, the size of the screen would then be comparable to the current Torch. Even if you don't use your phone for a lot of apps or games (as most 99xx'rs don't), a bigger screen would definitely be "nice" and easier on the eyes. Just my opinion anyway...
    We could then watch youtube videos in Landscape Mode by holding the phone sideways. The taller screen would also aide in viewing internet pages as you could see more of the page in Portrait Mode.
    And if RIM did make the screen 1/2 inch taller as I'm suggesting and reduce the amount of plastic above it by 1/4 inch, then that would mean the whole phone size would only grow by 1/4 inch. We could then have our cake and eat it too... And I think RIM would sell more too.
    12-13-11 09:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD