The last update? ..I say the never update.

Posted via CB10
    It's the last update... but to keep up from saying that we'll never get another update they're dragging this one out to eternity...

Posted via CB10
    11-19-16 12:36 AM
    It's the last update... but to keep up from saying that we'll never get another update they're dragging this one out to eternity...

Posted via CB10
    There is (supposedly) 10.3.4 to look forward to after 10.3.3 is released. For you (and anyone one else) to say otherwise is the height of ignorance towards other BlackBerry users.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    11-19-16 01:16 PM
    There is (supposedly) 10.3.4 to look forward to after 10.3.3 is released. For you (and anyone one else) to say otherwise is the height of ignorance towards other BlackBerry users.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    Yes, supposedly... Why is it ignorance towards BlackBerry users?

BlackBerry committed to releasing 10.3.3 and 10.3.4 this year? 10.3.3 is stuck in lala land. Do you personally know anyone is working on 10.3.4?

One of my current coworkers was a BlackBerry employee. Back when he was still with them and they were designing the Priv they already knew ( officially or not) that bb10 was done.. no more dev. Whenever I bring up this 10.3.3 and 10.3.4 release he just gets this silly look on his face and looks at me like you look at a child that just doesn't know better.
    Several months ago I also met someone that has contacts that worked on the dev team of bb10. Contract expired and dev finished.
    Maybe 10.3.4 will show up, but based on what I read and after conversations with people that have a lot closer ties to it then, I assume either one of us, I won't hold my breath waiting for it. If it does show up, it's nothing more than patches for critical issues as.. I believe BlackBerry stated...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Manesik; 11-20-16 at 01:07 AM.
    11-19-16 10:53 PM
    I see many different countries government personnel using BB10, but that doesn't mean it would be a good idea to spread that information around. The organisations that are still using and developing for BB10 are in it because of their security requirements, not for the publicity or accolades.

But the main point is that the US government is not in any way involved it the NIAP certification of BB10. Perhaps the US government doesn't care at all.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2876
    Where in my post did I say the certification was done by the US government. As I have stated I have taken several products through US government security certifications. The certifications are always done by a third party company.

I don't know about other governments using BB10, I was talking about US Fed Agencies. All the ones I work with use iOS and /or Android with strong MDM.
    11-20-16 01:32 AM
    It may be the last update.. enjoy your BB10 devices until the Web browser stops working...

Me, I bought a LG V20 and loaded it up with BlackBerry Software.

Posted via CB10
    If only it was available at major carriers in Canada. What a joke that is. I like the V20
    11-20-16 02:01 AM
    I see many different countries government personnel using BB10, but that doesn't mean it would be a good idea to spread that information around. The organisations that are still using and developing for BB10 are in it because of their security requirements, not for the publicity or accolades.

But the main point is that the US government is not in any way involved it the NIAP certification of BB10. Perhaps the US government doesn't care at all.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2876
    Where in my post did I say the certification was done by the US government. As I have stated I have taken several products through US government security certifications. The certifications are always done by a third party company.

I don't know about other governments using BB10, I was talking about US Fed Agencies. All the ones I work with use iOS and /or Android with strong MDM.
    11-20-16 02:43 AM
    Chances are 10.3.3 will be the last update. As mentioned by many, the updates will be security patches only. There is no money to be made on BB10, but BlackBerry must do its due diligence to prevent litigation.

A company's priority is to make money. A CEO can promise the moon but if the board of directors and shareholders don't see a financial renumeration, forget about it.
    11-20-16 05:58 AM
    Let me clear one thing about iPhone 4. I do own one. The last iOS update it got was iOS 7 in 2013. Yes, many apps require the latest iOS, but Apple allows to download the last compatible version of the app from the App Store (USA) and you will be fine. With that being said, nearly all social networking apps function great on iOS 7. I personally have WhatsApp, Telegram, Viber, Skype on my iPhone 4: they all work great.

As for the browser on BlackBerry 10. For the last week the browser on my BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition crashes once a day, at least, and my BlackBerry reboots by itself. Something wrong is going on with BlackBerry

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    I had a similar issue with my BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition but after a wipe and a fresh install with out any restores it runs like a champ again. All the Android apps that I use work pretty smooth or noticing a slight delay compared to the DTEK60 I used for about 3 weeks.

DTEK60 is a nice phone BTW I just still prefer BB10 with its 4.3 runtime for now anyway. I will try PKB phone when it comes out as the writing is all over the wall for BB10 but at this moment it's still the best option for me.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-16 07:46 AM

German government partly uses BB10 phones.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    11-20-16 04:35 PM
    German government partly uses BB10 phones.

I know the German government switched to Secusmart after they found the NSA was monitoring their Windows phones. The phones they use cost several thousand dollars each and are only considered fully secure when communicating to another Secusmart device.
    11-20-16 09:44 PM
    I know the German government switched to Secusmart after they found the NSA was monitoring their Windows phones. The phones they use cost several thousand dollars each and are only considered fully secure when communicating to another Secusmart device.
    BlackBerry 10 devices are legacy devices with a number of western government departments, but most have adopted BYO device policies and add their own security software. Because of the app gap BYO was a deathnell for BB10, especially for the crowd that buys phones as fashion accessories.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-16 10:55 PM
    Nope, search the internet (don't have the time right now): Angela Merkel uses a Z10 and Q10 of which the NSA said they were 'too secure to monitor'. And a couple of others German government officials use one as well.

11-21-16 12:05 AM
    Nope, search the internet (don't have the time right now): Angela Merkel uses a Z10 and Q10 of which the NSA said they were 'too secure to monitor'. And a couple of others German government officials use one as well.

....and also German state offices....

Posted via CB10
    Vistaus likes this.
    11-21-16 12:08 AM
    It's Monday, the start of a new week. Brings new hope of 10.3.3 releasing. It's funny I always forget about the OS during the week and then on Saturday I'm always like "hey, wasn't that supposed to release this week" lol

Posted Via BlackBerry Noble OS 10.3.3
    11-21-16 12:14 AM

There is actually a written success story by Blackberry on the German government use of Secusmart and Angela Merkel's phone is a BB10 phone built with Secusmart. That and the MDM solution is what makes this secure. This solution is well known and published.
    11-21-16 11:31 AM
    There is actually a written success story by Blackberry on the German government use of Secusmart and Angela Merkel's phone is a BB10 phone built with Secusmart. That and the MDM solution is what makes this secure. This solution is well known and published.
    And, don't forget that Secusmart was acquired by BlackBerry in December of 2014.
    Vistaus likes this.
    11-21-16 01:18 PM
    And, don't forget that Secusmart was acquired by BlackBerry in December of 2014.
    Right this is why BlackBerry published the success story.
    11-21-16 06:30 PM
142 ... 456