I have a Passport, using it 2 years straight so far. No real gripe about it nor the software. So my question is: What is 10.3.3 going to change that I don't already have now with this setup?
    I get that Android and IOS need updates for security reasons or compatibility issues or both, but what is an update to BB10 going to have that is making everyone so upset about not having it now?

Posted via CB10
    Spyware. That's NIAP in a nutshell. If 10.3.3 doesn't show its face for another year, I won't be bothered.

��� вℓα�квєяяу ραѕѕρσят ѕιℓνєя є∂ιтιση ���
    10-31-16 10:22 PM
    As much as I like updates, 10.3.3 will come when it comes.

I would be willing to bet that 10.3.4 will come when they finally get that version ready for the PlayBook.

The Web browser will fail in the next couple of years, maybe a dev keeps a third party one going for a while after that but as another poster said about enforcing preferences, I can't do that anymore and will be replacing family members aging BB10 devices with Android (hopefully BlackBerry Androids) as they need new devices.

I have a friend who has an iPhone 4 (not 4s) still going. Hasn't updated in a couple of years, apps are not working anymore, but all he uses it for is SMS, calls and sports scores. It's a 6 or 7 year old device and to be honest, I'd be shocked if my Passport keeps my interest that long.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-16 11:30 PM
    What Is NIAP unified tight security or a unified back door...???

Posted via CB10
    10-31-16 11:53 PM
    Since in all likelihood it will be November and we still won't have 10.3.3, BlackBerry should come clean about the delay.
    Why should they suddenly? They behave very consequently as they always did: don't communicate at all, especially not to the customer, that has been RIM's company policy the entire BB10 lifetime.
    11-01-16 01:10 AM
    What Is NIAP unified tight security or a unified back door...???

Posted via CB10
    No back doors.
    11-01-16 05:47 AM
    10.3.3 is only the beginning. BB10 has glorious days ahead. As Chen said, 'Glorious Empire of the Sun will last for a thousand years.' And I truly believe it will be so.
    11-01-16 06:28 AM
    You owe me a nickel
    ppeters914, Vistaus and kvndoom like this.
    11-01-16 06:34 AM
    Selling existing inventory? Yes.

Making? No.

Vigorously updating? No.

Heck, there are probably unsold copies of Windows 98/XP/Me/Vista in dusty boxes in a Kmart or Target somewhere, but that still changes nothing. Plenty of discontinued products are still up for sale. I could buy a brand new Dodge Dart right now, but it doesn't change the fact that it's been discontinued and when it's gone it's gone. As poorly as that car is selling you'll probably be able to find a brand new 2016 on a lot somewhere, in 2018.
    Well if you bought a new dart I'm sure the dealer would support it and I'm sure if you bought a new BlackBerry BB10 phone they would support it as well. None of their ads say AS IS NO SUPPORT And I know their not making any now BUT their not making any phones now.
    11-02-16 12:02 AM
    Well if you bought a new dart I'm sure the dealer would support it and I'm sure if you bought a new BlackBerry BB10 phone they would support it as well. None of their ads say AS IS NO SUPPORT And I know their not making any now BUT their not making any phones now.
    But I think problem is nobody buys their BB10 phones anymore except for diehards and they buy the phones knowing the limitations....
    11-02-16 06:02 PM
    It would even be better if the moderators would simply block the members who start threads of this type all together. That would save a lot of wasted time spent on these people (who must have seen, if not read the other threads on the topic).

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    Wouldn't it just be easier if you (we) just ignore threads like this? There are a lot of posts that I don't bother looking at because the title makes it clear to me that I don't want to participate. We have free will (in theory!) after all.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    11-02-16 06:08 PM
    No, they won't do that.

I still see posts in here from people expecting to see significant BB10 development within 10.3.3.

It doesn't serve BB's best interests to bring this saga to an end anytime soon because as soon as they do people will realise how little 10.3.3 brings, and how little the "committed to BB10" mantra actually means.
    If 10.3.3 is really out for approval, there can't be any changes I presume.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-16 11:06 PM
    But I think problem is nobody buys their BB10 phones anymore except for diehards and they buy the phones knowing the limitations....
    Yes BUT the limitations STILL come with support from BlackBerry.
    11-03-16 12:17 AM
    It would even be better if the moderators would simply block the members who start threads of this type all together. That would save a lot of wasted time spent on these people (who must have seen, if not read the other threads on the topic).

There will always be someone that decides to start up a new thread...

Posted via CB10
    11-03-16 01:04 AM
    Waiting for update 10.3.3.xxx

BLACKBERRY Z10 STL100-1
    "user indonesia"

Posted via CB10
    Moch Aries likes this.
    11-03-16 01:58 AM
    If 10.3.3 is really out for approval, there can't be any changes I presume.
    There are folk here who say the internal build number of 10.3.3 changes periodically, so I guess changes are being made. Mostly bug fixes I'd assume.

I doubt BB are required to freeze 10.3.3 for the evaluation, they just have to be able to prove that later changes haven't broken stuff which already works. Most organisations I've worked for have a set of regression tests to demonstrate that.

Hopefully BB haven't let those regression test guys go!
    DrBoomBotz and anon(3641385) like this.
    11-03-16 02:35 AM
    Wouldn't it just be easier if you (we) just ignore threads like this? There are a lot of posts that I don't bother looking at because the title makes it clear to me that I don't want to participate. We have free will (in theory!) after all.
    That would work too. I like to read through the threads to see if the topic becomes sidetracked to something interesting.

11-03-16 07:53 AM

Posted via CB10
    True enough, even though they can easily see that the topic is well overcooked.

11-03-16 07:54 AM
    I think already went through all this bad days. I still have hopes on BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-16 07:55 PM

Posted via CB10
    You're correct of course. Stupid can't be fixed, not even with Duct Tape.

11-08-16 05:14 AM
    What if the lead developer has left the company. They only can upkeep the OS and drag the updates until Android plans are ready to take over and then announce BB10 certification failed and end the whole OS?

Posted via CB10
    11-08-16 05:44 AM
    What if the lead developer has left the company. They only can upkeep the OS and drag the updates until Android plans are ready to take over and then announce BB10 certification failed and end the whole OS?

Posted via CB10
    Definitely sounds like something Chen would be planning to do. It's part of his visitivity.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    11-08-16 04:40 PM

I have a friend who has an iPhone 4 (not 4s) still going. Hasn't updated in a couple of years, apps are not working anymore, but all he uses it for is SMS, calls and sports scores. It's a 6 or 7 year old device and to be honest, I'd be shocked if my Passport keeps my interest that long.

Posted via CB10
    Let me clear one thing about iPhone 4. I do own one. The last iOS update it got was iOS 7 in 2013. Yes, many apps require the latest iOS, but Apple allows to download the last compatible version of the app from the App Store (USA) and you will be fine. With that being said, nearly all social networking apps function great on iOS 7. I personally have WhatsApp, Telegram, Viber, Skype on my iPhone 4: they all work great.

As for the browser on BlackBerry 10. For the last week the browser on my BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition crashes once a day, at least, and my BlackBerry reboots by itself. Something wrong is going on with BlackBerry

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    11-08-16 10:39 PM
    user indonesia juga yah... siplah

Posted via CB10
    11-08-16 11:22 PM
    waitting for 10.3.3 too.
    11-09-16 12:07 AM
    You're correct of course. Stupid can't be fixed, not even with Duct Tape.

I beg to differ with that assertion... Duck tape can fix anything!

Posted via CB10
    11-09-16 09:20 PM
142 12345 ...