FWIW, I only knew one person with an iPhone 4. She upgraded to an iPhone 6 I believe. Those iPhone users have an upgrade path.

All we have is empty promises and a growing sense of doom, waiting to see what BlackBerry will kill next.

(My bet is on Link being next to go EOL, followed by BBM for BB10.)
    Heh-heh... I'll never understand anyone who criticises Apple's upgrade policy, which rolls out the latest iOS releases to even historic iDevices (I put iOS6 on my 3GS, mostly for the giggles)... and then points to BlackBerry as a paragon of update goodness.

IIRC, back in my BBOS days, if I wanted the latest BBOS version on my BB phone, I was SOOL. BlackBerry's only "upgrade path" to a later OS was to buy a newer phone with it loaded!
    Polt likes this.
    10-28-16 11:13 AM
    FWIW, I only knew one person with an iPhone 4. She upgraded to an iPhone 6 I believe. Those iPhone users have an upgrade path.

All we have is empty promises and a growing sense of doom, waiting to see what BlackBerry will kill next.

For Bbm to go down on bb10 it would need to be down by now on BlackBerry os 7. S� much people still using old Blackberrys with os 7 and everything works!

Posted via CB10
    Neely2005 likes this.
    10-28-16 12:23 PM
    For Bbm to go down on bb10 it would need to be down by now on BlackBerry os 7. S� much people still using old Blackberrys with os 7 and everything works!

Posted via CB10
    I think basic messaging will continue to work cross platform... But you aren't going to see updates to existing (cross platform video) or even newer planned features. Not sure exactly what Emtek has planned, but it's doubtful that BBOS or BB10 users will have full access to it.

There are still people using those old BBOS phones, there is not doubt of that... but they probably aren't the market group that Emtek is going after anyway. Even in Indonesia Androids FAR, FAR outnumber those still using BBOS. And most BBOS users in Indonesia, have an Android phone too.

BlackBerry hasn't release numbers for the device subscribers in a while... but if the trend continued as it was, we are probable under 15 million for both BB10 and BBOS at this point. But I wouldn't be surprised if it hasn't dropped at a faster rate with the end of BB10 and no upgrade path for those BB10 users with pretty old phones at this point.
    10-28-16 02:06 PM
    Too much drama here!
    SlcCorrado and rubyslipperss like this.
    10-28-16 06:30 PM
    Too much drama here!
    It's CrackBerry....lots of drama is a prerequisite.
    johnny_bravo72 and JeepBB like this.
    10-28-16 07:44 PM
    Don't believe anything John Chen says anymore.

TMO  PP SE,SQW100-4/10.3.2.2876
    elfabio80 and anon(4295315) like this.
    10-28-16 08:11 PM
    Isn't 10.4 required to fulfil contractual obligations? At the very least it's required so that Chen doesn't make himself out to be a liar.

��� вℓα�квєяяу ραѕѕρσят ѕιℓνєя є∂ιтιση ���
    That ship has sailed. Well maybe not liar but he sure can't say anything definitive and always mixed messages.
    10-28-16 08:30 PM

OTOH, the Passport still runs great, its specs are plenty for a daily driver and BlackBerry keeps supporting it with OS updates (at least, so far, in theory) so there's not really a need to upgrade right now unlike the deprecated iPhone 4 (which, btw slowed down a lot for many people after the last iOS update).

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red)
    10-28-16 11:55 PM
    That would be counter-productive for the new BlackBerry...
    Why, their a software company now. If Android is software so is BB10 and I like the old BlackBerry better.
    10-29-16 12:02 AM
    Why, their a software company now. If Android is software so is BB10 and I like the old BlackBerry better.
    Windows 98 is software too, but I don't see it getting any updates.

Blackberry Poptart SE - Cricket Wireless
    10-29-16 06:05 AM
    I read a lot about people here complaining about browser, apps...
    As far as I am concerned everything works fine without legs or any sort of problems. Fast, accurate and I think this whole update discussion brings no peace. Try to be happy with what you have. I used android for a while and find this updates ridiculous as well as people trying to explain how only an regulary updated smartphone is a good one. My best friend works with an 4 year old iphone 4 without throwing up an update at all and never had any problems. This seems highend complaining to me.

Posted via CB10
    Vistaus likes this.
    10-29-16 09:17 AM
    I read a lot about people here complaining about browser, apps...
    As far as I am concerned everything works fine without legs or any sort of problems. Fast, accurate and I think this whole update discussion brings no peace. Try to be happy with what you have. I used android for a while and find this updates ridiculous as well as people trying to explain how only an regulary updated smartphone is a good one. My best friend works with an 4 year old iphone 4 without throwing up an update at all and never had any problems. This seems highend complaining to me.

Posted via CB10
    IOS is full of security bugs. Updating it is mandatory in my opinion.

http://www.cvedetails.com/product/15...l?vendor_id=49

Posted via CB10
    Vistaus likes this.
    10-29-16 11:55 AM

You're right about that, but the person you quoted also mentioned the fact that BlackBerry is a software company now. Microsoft's still making hardware so they're more than a software company.

10-30-16 12:54 AM
    Ford is a car manufacturer, but they don't make Model Ts anymore.
    Vistaus, johnny_bravo72 and JeepBB like this.
    10-30-16 01:05 AM
    You're right about that, but the person you quoted also mentioned the fact that BlackBerry is a software company now. Microsoft's still making hardware so they're more than a software company.

So? I'm sure I could name quite a few "software only" companies with abandoned programs. The point is, nobody supports obsoleted software indefinitely. Just because it has a few dozen vocal "fans" on the internet doesn't make it worth the time and cost to keep it on life support.
    10-30-16 07:57 AM
    I've had 6 family members on my plan. All BlackBerrys until last year. For their diverse desires I could not in good conscience enforce my preferences anymore. I have two Passports, 1 SE. The BB10 OS is only just treading water. Let's be realistic. The delays in getting out 10.3.3 ....unfortunately... speaks volumes.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-16 09:20 PM

True BUT Microsoft is not selling Windows 98, Blackberry is still selling BB10 phones and state that they STILL support it.
    Vistaus likes this.
    10-31-16 12:08 AM
    Yes BUT they still sell BB10 phones, do you not see the ShopBlackBerry adds?
    10-31-16 12:13 AM
    I did like your post but come to think of it, your point is not an entirely fair comparison. Lada is a car manufacturer but up to not so long ago they were still making the Niva, a model which they introduced over 30 years ago. (and they would've still produced it this year but it got cut because it didn't comply with the new EU environment law)

There are also lots of old car models by Fiat and Volkswagen still being made in Brazil by Fiat and VW themselves.

10-31-16 01:02 AM
    Yes BUT they still sell BB10 phones, do you not see the ShopBlackBerry adds?
    Selling existing inventory? Yes.

Making? No.

Vigorously updating? No.

Heck, there are probably unsold copies of Windows 98/XP/Me/Vista in dusty boxes in a Kmart or Target somewhere, but that still changes nothing. Plenty of discontinued products are still up for sale. I could buy a brand new Dodge Dart right now, but it doesn't change the fact that it's been discontinued and when it's gone it's gone. As poorly as that car is selling you'll probably be able to find a brand new 2016 on a lot somewhere, in 2018.
    10-31-16 09:36 AM
    Since in all likelihood it will be November and we still won't have 10.3.3, BlackBerry should come clean about the delay.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-16 11:37 AM
    Since in all likelihood it will be November and we still won't have 10.3.3, BlackBerry should come clean about the delay.
    No, they won't do that.

I still see posts in here from people expecting to see significant BB10 development within 10.3.3.

It doesn't serve BB's best interests to bring this saga to an end anytime soon because as soon as they do people will realise how little 10.3.3 brings, and how little the "committed to BB10" mantra actually means.
    StephanieMaks and DrBoomBotz like this.
    10-31-16 02:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    I've seen a similar comment at end of each month since July. I don't think BlackBerry gives a s-+* because it doesn't benefit the company in any way. There message is pretty clear. If you don't like things, you're free to leave....
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-31-16 04:03 PM
    I have a Passport, using it 2 years straight so far. No real gripe about it nor the software. So my question is: What is 10.3.3 going to change that I don't already have now with this setup?
    I get that Android and IOS need updates for security reasons or compatibility issues or both, but what is an update to BB10 going to have that is making everyone so upset about not having it now?

Posted via CB10
    10-31-16 05:45 PM
    I have a Passport, using it 2 years straight so far. No real gripe about it nor the software. So my question is: What is 10.3.3 going to change that I don't already have now with this setup?
    I get that Android and IOS need updates for security reasons or compatibility issues or both, but what is an update to BB10 going to have that is making everyone so upset about not having it now?

Posted via CB10
    Unless you are a government agency that requires a special security certification called NIAP, not one gosh darn thing.
    Elite1 and bigjman like this.
    10-31-16 06:03 PM
142 1234 ...