What are the things that we can look forward to in the future BB10 OS? Like what added features do you think we shall have?

I'm asking simply because with the 10.2.1, I don't have much to ask for anymore, except maybe for more apps to come, and more stable android runtime player.

Hopefully we can discuss based on some evidence, not just come up with a wishlist of what we wanted to see in the next OS updates.

Z10 STL100-2 / Official Release 10.2.1.1925
    03-10-14 03:15 AM
    mostly it would be smaller tweaks. 10.2.1 was a huge upgrade and their were some issue with people upgrading i would think the next upgrade would offer fewer big changes and more usability features. make it easier to use. Even kevins suggestion for bottom aligned apps so you can one had the phone and stil get to what you want. maybe just making better integration with bbm and bbm channels would be another tweak. Possibly better battery saving features. more dark background settings. Easier use and customization features perhaps a custom home screen. Again its more about refinement then massive overhaul. We already saw better integration with cloud storage. Easier message deletion of hub messaging. swipe to remove or archive like google mail might be an idea. Im sure there are a million possible ideas mostly we just want to see more ease of use features. Anything to make it easier for people to catch on to the OS would be a big help. Im sure there are some corporate features as well that need better integration. i always wanted better ways to find you pictures right now its actually going to the file manager to find them maybe there is a way to combine that so its easier. I think the big changes in the OS are pretty much complete. Feature wise there is so much there already in fact maybe removing or giving people options to remove things they dont use would be a good feature. Just make it a good integrated solution. Thats the main thing. No gimicks just great productive features. Im sure they have more then a couple of tricks up their sleeve.
    03-10-14 03:28 AM
    Well, Ya gotta assume that whatever comes in the future, that your devise will run faster, jump higher and fly like never before.... taking into consideration, it's not really a toy..
    Just a small digital handheld device that, while it's very convenient, really isn't all that important in the grand scheme of things!

I'm hoping for digital implants that work off your brainwaves.( the less waves, the less reception, though!) Humm.. That could be a problem ,
    And, there's talk about a device that'll make use of all those old 8 track cassettes.

And with the New World Order.. All games will be banned!

So much to look forward too!
    CDM76 and Pdinos3 like this.
    03-10-14 03:38 AM
    because with the 10.2.1, I don't have much to ask for anymore
    Me too. The most important thing for me now is more bug fixes because there are still some bugs that happen randomly. And more tweaks on performance and battery consumption.

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.2141
    03-10-14 03:52 AM
    An updated android runtime, 4.4.2 maybe?

Posted via CB10
    oystersourced likes this.
    03-10-14 04:02 AM
    I'm looking for features lost from BBOS of past, not yet integrated into this new OS. Quick example: the option to customise vibration of alerts.

Bringing sexy back on my Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2141
    oystersourced likes this.
    03-10-14 12:22 PM
    I think we're going to see more customization features, especially to do with the UI.

Knowing BlackBerry, we will also see things like quick reply that focus on ease of use and increased multi-tasking.

They will also continue to lay the groundwork (that we don't see) for more future updates.

Android Runtime compatibility will also (always) continue to be a major focus. I think that, that is the extent of their efforts towards the consumer market.
    03-10-14 12:55 PM
    What about being able to choose where your folder/app icons go on the screen? I have a background image that I don't want obscured by folders/apps, and currently only have 4 at the top of each page, but would love to be able to do a row along the top and row along the bottom, leaving the middle free for picture viewing.
    03-10-14 01:03 PM
    It's like I'm not even here.
    03-10-14 01:55 PM