Hi,

for past two days, my BB Z10 struck on booting and from yesterday it completely switched off. i charged more and see nothing happens.
    I tried to connect to Blackberry link with MAC and see a red light blinking.
    i removed the battery and holded he power+volume UP+Down button and see again the red light blinking.

Could you help me how to recover my Z10.
    04-26-18 08:04 AM
    You try reflashing your OS... works most times if there isn't an underlying hardware issue.

Hopefully you have your data backed up...

https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post10289712
    04-26-18 08:28 AM
    the problem is my phone is not recognized by BB link. i tried the steps mentioned in the below link,
    https://www.teamknowhow.com/kit-guid...t-wont-turn-on

i have tried to Reinstalling the BlackBerry OS as per the instruction, but it returns error that my mobile is not recognized in link.
    04-27-18 08:19 AM
    the problem is my phone is not recognized by BB link. i tried the steps mentioned in the below link,
    https://www.teamknowhow.com/kit-guid...t-wont-turn-on

i have tried to Reinstalling the BlackBerry OS as per the instruction, but it returns error that my mobile is not recognized in link.
    That's why the web link I post doesn't include using LINK...

BlackBerry LINK hasn't been updated in 3 years and is known for it's "issues" with newer and updated systems. It works for some, but doesn't work for others. But generally an Autoloader will work.
    04-27-18 08:44 AM
    Thanks, i forget whether it is STL 100-2/3 and i remember it is running on 10.3.3.1435. could you share me the correct version OS for me, so that i will try it
    04-27-18 09:01 AM
    I have download autoloader version Z10_10.3.03.2163_STL100-2-3 and trying to load it, but it is saying connecting to bootcom and no response for it, when i remove the battery and connect to my PC, i could see a red light blinking. Not sure what to do.
    04-28-18 06:34 AM
    I have download autoloader version Z10_10.3.03.2163_STL100-2-3 and trying to load it, but it is saying connecting to bootcom and no response for it, when i remove the battery and connect to my PC, i could see a red light blinking. Not sure what to do.
    Run the autoloader, and reboot the device while it's still plugged in. It should catch.
    04-28-18 08:46 AM
    Hi Conite,

I am expecting you, my mobile is not showing any sign whether it is in on or off? when i connect it to PC, the red light blink for a sec and no response, i removed the battery and plugged in back when it says "connecting to Bootcom", but nothing happen?
    04-28-18 08:52 AM
    Hi Conite,

I am expecting you, my mobile is not showing any sign whether it is in on or off? when i connect it to PC, the red light blink for a sec and no response, i removed the battery and plugged in back when it says "connecting to Bootcom", but nothing happen?
    With autoloader running, and while still plugged in, try holding down the power button every couple of minutes for about 10 seconds.
    04-28-18 08:54 AM
    Hmm Fine, so you mean i need to insert the battery in my mobile while doing this? please correct me if i am wrong.
    04-28-18 08:57 AM
    Hmm Fine, so you mean i need to insert the battery in my mobile while doing this? please correct me if i am wrong.
    Yes. Never pull a battery on a BB10 device.
    04-28-18 08:59 AM
    Yes. Never pull a battery on a BB10 device.
    Really? I do it all the time. Living on the edge!!!

Seriously, I pull it when it starts acting bonkers, and won't restart normally (holding down the powder button). I blame the unwanted behaviour on Android apps.

Haven't done a clean install since 10.2.1 or maybe 10.3.0, so an autoloader would probably be a good idea.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3216
    04-29-18 11:35 AM
    Really? I do it all the time. Living on the edge!!!

Seriously, I pull it when it starts acting bonkers, and won't restart normally (holding down the powder button). I blame the unwanted behaviour on Android apps.

Haven't done a clean install since 10.2.1 or maybe 10.3.0, so an autoloader would probably be a good idea.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3216
    I had to pull my Z10 battery all the time... as I'd have to put in a fresh changed battery once a day for the first few months. Eventually got a Tablet which took most the load off the phone, and allowed it to get through a day on one charge.

But always did a clean install.... heck in those early days, some recommended a wipe, autoloader, than another wipe. At this point, just using an autoloader is all that is required.
    04-30-18 09:33 AM
    I had to pull my Z10 battery all the time... as I'd have to put in a fresh changed battery once a day for the first few months. Eventually got a Tablet which took most the load off the phone, and allowed it to get through a day on one charge.

But always did a clean install.... heck in those early days, some recommended a wipe, autoloader, than another wipe. At this point, just using an autoloader is all that is required.
    BB10 had pretty good protection against sudden loss of power, but no system is infallible.

Some problems are correctable, some are cumulative, and some don't rear their head until a software update or other change to the OS.
    04-30-18 09:51 AM
    BB10 had pretty good protection against sudden loss of power, but no system is infallible.
    Back in those early days... we had a new leak every few weeks to install. And a clean install was a must to avoid some of the issues that cropped up (contacts app mostly). With LINK not being 100% at launch, I got rid of all my POP accounts and moved to all Active Sync. I could do a clean install without the need of doing a restore.

So I never noticed any issues with doing a Battery Pull on my Z10. But I knew it wasn't recommended, I just didn't have much of a choice and wasn't worried about having to reload the OS.
    04-30-18 09:57 AM
    Back in those early days... we had a new leak every few weeks to install. And a clean install was a must to avoid some of the issues that cropped up (contacts app mostly). With LINK not being 100% at launch, I got rid of all my POP accounts and moved to all Active Sync. I could do a clean install without the need of doing a restore.

So I never noticed any issues with doing a Battery Pull on my Z10. But I knew it wasn't recommended, I just didn't have much of a choice and wasn't worried about having to reload the OS.
    I'm just curious. What do you mean by "didn't have a choice" ? Could you not power down first?
    04-30-18 10:20 AM
    Run the autoloader with Z10 connected to PC but without the battery inside. When the autoloader window begins to show some progress, put the battery in.
    It should work.

You can also try a new battery. A Passport SE from my friend suffered the same issue. It turned out that the battery has been over- discharged.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-18 11:15 PM
    Thanks, i forget whether it is STL 100-2/3 and i remember it is running on 10.3.3.1435. could you share me the correct version OS for me, so that i will try it
    Remove the battery and you will see your Autoloader version.
    05-21-18 03:50 PM