Got updates for Foursquare and New stand via notification in the hub - instead of manually. OMG - maybe now it works.

Posted via CB10
    stevepar and kevinnugent like this.
    02-22-13 11:55 PM
    Yeah I had the same thought when they came through!

S

Posted via CB10, using Z10, running BB10
    02-23-13 12:18 AM
    Did you update your BB World prior to this? Wondering if the BBWorld update fixed this.
    02-23-13 12:19 AM
    Mine did also. Must have been the new update of BlackBerry world.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 12:37 AM
    Working, yes. But not as it should or as had hoped it would. I got those updates manually houuuuuuuuuurrrrrsss ago. Shouldn't be a delay. When an update is there, it should show. Not at some timed interval. But then again, this has always been an issue for BlackBerry World so I doubt it will be fixed indefinitely.
    MaxR_A likes this.
    02-23-13 12:41 AM
    Haven't updated my BBW yet and I got notification updates for Foursquare and Newsstand. Also noticed if I open the notification and tap the link to the update in BBW the notification disappears, even if you don't update.
    02-23-13 12:54 AM
    Working, yes. But not as it should or as had hoped it would. I got those updates manually houuuuuuuuuurrrrrsss ago. Shouldn't be a delay. When an update is there, it should show. Not at some timed interval. But then again, this has always been an issue for BlackBerry World so I doubt it will be fixed indefinitely.
    Apparently, from what I was told in a previous thread on the same issue, is that the Hub is supposed to poll for updates only once a week in order to avoid driving people nuts with constant update notifications but, let's be honest, there are a bunch of small bugs with brand new apps running on a brand new ecosystem that devs are going to want to have fixed sooner rather than later for their users. Waiting a week is too long, especially at the beginning, and most basic users will not have figured out how to check for updates manually and will be stuck with a buggy app.

To solve this problem, I think the frequency of updates should be user-selectable : hourly, daily, weekly, push, etc., and the default setting when you first pick-up the phone should be on 'push' so that devs can get those needed updates out to their users without delay.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 09:40 AM